It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Environmental Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-18-2004, 06:53 PM   #1
Inactive

Qaiphyxx HB User
I may have found the answer to Chemical Sensitivities!

yah I noticed that I had all these symptoms, asthma like, I have allergies, then I started having panic attacks, never felt all that well. Well anyways, I basically went nuts, like Larry Hacker from a previous thread, yes even I slept outside in the my dad's car. Anyways, the problem consists of this, which has taken me about a year or two to come upon, histamine cause adrenaline to rise to abnormal levels, this can cause rapid heart rate, compulsive behavior, depression, tight chest panic attacks, and oddly enough can indirectly cause your libido(Sex drive) be in access of the norm, which is actually caused by histamine also increasing the level of NO2 in your blood, which will give that effect, and from what I also read can cause the oxidation and death of brain cells. So anyways I started taking Allegra D, an antihistamine, and I truely must say I went back to normal, I slept well, no more panic attacks, better mood, less compulsive behavior, and on top of it all, man I could breathe so incredibly well, which truely is a beautiful thing from someone that used to suffer from asthma, and then Chemical Sensitivity problems, I probably spent half the next day randomly taking in huge deep breaths just cause I could, it was great. so anyways ive been on allegra D now, but I went in to a building 3 days after and I must have been really allergic to whatever was in the air cause my symptoms started coming back and I could feel the adrenaline rising in my body, and sure enough it did, Im still recovering from it, it sucked bad. So anyways, avoidance is the key and the best cure, but antihistamines can help alot. I dont even know if they have come to attribute to what happens with chemical sensitivities, it seems like my doctors had no idea about it, Cant wait to talk to them and let them know what I have found, they will probably still think that im still a little insane, cause I was, Ill admit that. Anyways I really hope this helps everyone out, and if you dont wanna buy an expensive antihistamine and have to go to the doctor because you are skeptical about what I am telling you then you can find an herbal antihistamine, like Quercetin, I cant think of any others right now, but that one should help, its what I tried right before the allegra D and it helped. You should notice the effects in maybe 3 hours, or possibly the next day or two if you cant really tell how and what your feel at times, Im pretty good at reading what I feel if you havent noticed. If you get a little tired when you first take the antihistamine, its not the drug causing it, unless its an older antihistamine, cause the new and herbal antihistamines dont cross the blood brain barrier, which would cause drowsiness, but you might get tired because when youre histamine receptors become blocked by the antihistamine your adrenaline levels will begin to decline, and your body will have to adjust to that change. Coming off high levels of adrenaline can make you tired because the adrenaline puts your body in to a stimulated mode and makes it more responsive, which is really hard and draining on your metabolic system if the high adrenal levels are sustained for to long and can exhaust your adrenal glands. You may also want to see if a certain chemical or food is causeing your problems, you can be tested for it. Sulfer was the one that the person I stated before had a problem digesting which would cause his/her problems 3 days later from ingestion/consumption of the food containing sulfur... such as tomato sauce. Anyways to sum it all up, if you didnt understand everything that happens, a certain chemical, or food, can cause your Histamine levels to rise, which cause your adrenaline and NO2 levels to rise, which cau;se the Chemical Sensitivity symptoms cascade. Anywas I really hope this helps all of you out and helps spread the word so that maybe doctors and companies can start realizing what is happening and stop using so many chemicals in clothing and furniture and computers, yes thats right, computers, they use flame retardants in them, wood, and many more I would assume. Also one more thing, if your water is treated with Flouride, you should stop drinking it and find a product that doesnt use flouride to treat their water, flouride can cause histamine levels to increase "7-8 fold".

I truely have given praise and thanks to Jehovah since finding out this information and I hope it helps all of you also in knowing what is going on with you.

Bronson

Last edited by moderator2; 02-18-2004 at 07:07 PM. Reason: Please carefully read, know and follow the Healthboards.com Policies and Guidelines. Click on FAQ at the top of the board. Thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-20-2004, 07:20 AM   #2
(male)

lhacker HB User
Re: I may have found the answer to Chemical Sensitivities!

Allegra is an antihistamine, Allegra D is the same antihistamine with a decongestant. Neither helped me in any manner. As I understand it a true MCS causes histamine release from a different hemoglobin than those of common allergies. Hence common allergy medicines probably have little or no effect on MCS symptoms. When the immune system is overloaded by a chemical antagonist it becomes super sensative to many similar chemical odors. I have taken extreme steps to remove any materials from my home which could be a cause, cleaned carpets, upholstery, heating & AC ducts, Snuggles fabric softener used on the bed sheets was found to be a particular bad item for me as was the daily newspaper. Since August last year I have been taking 500MG Ascorbic Acid - vitamin C- with every meal and within 2 months I stopped getting the basketball up my nose swelling headaches. Vitamin C is an anti-oxidant and helps desensatize and resore immune functions. Now most of the congestion and drip is also gone. Nose is moist and I can breathe. Able too sleep all night without waking/getting up to rinse mouth. Additionally it is amazing how many subtle odors I can detect

Old 02-20-2004, 11:00 AM   #3
Inactive

Qaiphyxx HB User

I certainly beg to differ, no matter where the histamine is produced it is still either H1 or H2, maybe your histamine levels were high in the receptor that allegra doesnt block, you could try clarinex, it blocks both receptors. But either way, no matter where the histamine is coming from its still histamine.

Old 09-02-2004, 02:15 PM   #4
(female)

vkhtn HB User

Just a word of caution, decongestants can raise your blood pressure. Please check your blood pressure often. I used to take decongestants all of the time. I had to stop taking them because of this. I am now on blood pressure medicine.

Old 09-02-2004, 11:19 PM   #5
(male)

ny01 HB User
Red face Re: I may have found the answer to Chemical Sensitivities!

Are you guys still cured from Chemical Sensitivity? What continues to help? I am so in need of help.

Old 09-05-2004, 06:56 AM   #6
(male)

lhacker HB User

I don't feel great, but so much better these past 8 months.
not taking any drugs. Just got all of the antagonists out of the house. No Potpourri. No Newspapers and definately NO Snuggles fabric softeners, esspecially on the bed linens. I can sleep through the night now. No congestion, No pain. Now when I come in close proximaty to vapors (usually I can't even smell them) I first thing notice is the corners of my eyes getting teary - that's a good sign to go someplace else - can't begin to tell you how many stores have lost my business.

Meanwhile back here in the home I just feel pretty good!

Old 09-06-2004, 10:25 AM   #7
(female)

Kime HB User

Vitamin C and niacin both lower the levels of histamine and excess adrenaline if you take enough. They really help my husband's asthma, which has some similarities to chemical sensitivity. I have heard that vitamin C can really help chemical sensitivities, but I think the combination of C and niacin would work better. The thing is that to really be sure that you have given it a good test you need to find your bowel tolerance for C and you need to take enough of the niacin to flush. My husband will be congested and then he will take enough niacin to flush (he usually has already taken the C) and then after an hour or two he will feel a lot better. But if he takes too much and gets a really bad flush it makes him feel woozy and strange for awhile, but it isn't dangerous. You can take 100gm every 15 minutes or so until you flush to try to find how much you need. If your stomach is full it might take a lot longer and a lot more and you might take it and then forget about it and later start flushing and wonder what is going on. I'm just saying that because quite a few people have been surprised by the flush, even thought they were having some strange illness or disease! My husband usually needs 100-400mg to flush so it varies. Niacinamide might work too, and it doesn't give you the flush. You would have to experiment to find the best dose. It would probably be between 100mg and 500mg twice a day. If you get nauseated you are taking more than your body wants. The nausea isn't dangerous, just lower the dose. Bowel tolerance for C varies a lot. Vitamin c not only works for these sensitivities because it works as an antihistamine, but because it actually can neutralize many chemicals and toxins in your body. That is why a person's bowel tolerance changes depending on what he is being exposed to and what viruses etc, he might be fighting off. You can look up vitamin C bowel tolerance on the internet for more information. Most people can take at least 5 grams 3 times a day, but everyone is different. (you have to take it at least twice a day because it is excreted rapidly) If you reach bowel tolerance at 8 grams you will not get half the effect in terms of helping your sensitivities by taking 4 grams, 4 grams probably wouldn't help at all. You have to be close to bowel tolerance, maybe 7 grams, if your bowel tolerance was 8 grams. This is just an example, you have to figure out what works for you, you might need 4 grams or 10 grams 3 times a day to help you. I have found that if I take more than 5 grams at a time I need to make sure I don't have much food in my stomach or I get bloated. On an empty stomach I have taken as much as 18 grams (when I was fighting off a cold) without getting bloated. You may get gas as a side effect which can be a bother. With 5 grams or less it doesn't matter. We use powdered ascorbic acid in juice with a little stevia sweetener but any vitamin C capsules will work as well, just make sure that it doesn't have any fillers or binders that you are sensitive to, with the pure powder you shouldn't experience any sensitivity to that.

Last edited by Kime; 09-06-2004 at 10:27 AM.

Closed Thread