It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Environmental Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2004, 03:59 PM   #1
(female)

patched HB User
How do you go on vacation with this illness

Hi,
I don't know about anyone else with chemical sensitivities but I have a hard time finding a hotel to stay in that doesn't cause me problems. When my husband and I take a trip I have to make sure the room has a window that opens and a balcony. I take four king size sheets for the floor of the room and also bring an air-cleaner. It's such a production to go away that I sometimes think it's not worth it. How do the rest of you deal with this problem? I really hate this. I want to be able to go anywhere and do anything but these cheimicals keep getting in my way.
My 4 yr old grandaugher spend the night and I opened up her little suitcase and almost passed out. All of her clothes reeked of fabric softener. I had to wash them all before I could even be near her. Now that's really sad. What a bummer.

Pat

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-02-2004, 01:38 PM   #2
(male)

ny01 HB User
Re: How do you go on vacation with this illness

Sorry to hear that Patched. I actually have a traveling job and it can be a nightmare. I like you have to make sure their is a window and have to air out my room, etc, etc. This whole syndrome is a nightmare. Just today I went to have lunch with my best friend and when we got in the car I could smell his clothes were washed in stinky fabric cleaner. Instantly I was brain fogged and it was just not the same day after that. My whole life at 29 was crippled by this illness. I was a perfectly healthy guy and then poof....screwed. I wish you the best and hope we all find relief soon.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread