HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Environmental Disorders (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/environmental-disorders/)
-   -   Need help in detoxing (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/environmental-disorders/446868-need-help-detoxing.html)

suggi 11-15-2006 08:38 AM

Need help in detoxing

Does anyone know what to take to get the mold mycotoxins out of your body besides Questran? I am not getting any better even though we had $30,000 of mold remediation done in the house. Docs are mainly clueless and now I have a unexplained rash.

thanks

suggi

suggi 11-19-2006 11:54 AM

Re: Need help in detoxing

Please anyone if you coild give me some guidance. I really need help. I did see a holistic doc who ordered the blood tests at $600 - insurance does not pay. That is how I found out about the high level of mycotoxins in my blood. Can't take what he wanted to give me (Questran) so I feel stuck. Regular mdS KNOW NOTHING ABOUT MOLD Related problems. Then he wanted to do stool testing for approx. $800 - insurance does not pay. I have no money left after remediation. I have my doubts about him and this latest testing he wanted done so I haven't been back. He just keeps saying I am toxic - $25 please.

Concerned Male 11-27-2006 02:55 PM

suggi,
You might want to discuss this at the 'Alternative Medicine' section of Health Boards. Cause this section doesn't seem to be that active. I hope you find some relief from your symptoms, soon.

suggi 11-29-2006 09:08 AM

Concernedmale

Thanks - no one really seems to know anything about mold issues. I am at a loss here. I thought MDs were supposed to know all aspects. I even went to an infectious disease doc and he told me he couldn't help me unless I was so bad I was coughing up blood from Aspergillosis or some mold toxin. He doesn't treat unless you are dying. How about that one????????????

Alagaesia 12-18-2006 09:38 PM

You can try milk thistle to cleanse your liver. You can also try alfalfa for the rest of your body.

sammi2 12-21-2006 09:37 AM

I have heard that 1 or 2 drops of oregano oil in a glass of water couple times a day is supposed to help kill mold. Also, eating or taking garlic. Good luck!

great88 02-15-2007 02:10 PM

Suggi, I have the same problem too and am really worried too. I couldn't even find that there were tests that could tell that one has mycotoxins in the blood! Are they genuine tests? Could you please tell me the name of that test and more information. Plus, I think if there are tests to find out anything then I am sure there are some treatment options too. Why don't you talk to the lab that did the test? They must have some knowledge about treatment and they can refer you to somebody. Please keep me in the loop, please keep me informed. Thanks.

suggi 02-19-2007 07:16 PM

Thanks for everyones input.

Great88

The tests were sent to Immunosciences Lab. I guess that is the only lab that does them but they could not advise me as to what to do about it.

I did buy some Milk Thistle but have been afraid to try it as I am on a lot of medications and not sure if there are any interactions. Maybe I could try some garlic pills. PCP has no idea either. Big help. Let me know if you find out anything more.

Thanks

Alagaesia 02-19-2007 10:26 PM

[QUOTE=suggi;2809440]Thanks for everyones input.

Great88

The tests were sent to Immunosciences Lab. I guess that is the only lab that does them but they could not advise me as to what to do about it.

I did buy some Milk Thistle but have been afraid to try it as I am on a lot of medications and not sure if there are any interactions. Maybe I could try some garlic pills. PCP has no idea either. Big help. Let me know if you find out anything more.

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Garlic and oil of oregano extract are good anti fungals. You can ask your doctor or your pharmacist if milk thistle will interact with your meds.

sharewithme 12-21-2007 04:00 PM

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Purple"]Greetings All:
I have severe mold allergy and multiple chemical senstivities, had to detox or would suffer permanent impairment. One very common form of detoxing according to Dr's and other patients -- sweating. They say dry heat is best and when i was in the southwest desert i did ALOT of detoxifying then, really helped me. Also has come out thru skin, urine and fecal matter. I alternate oregano oil, probiotics and GSE to control yeast overgrowth, which they say is mold in my body. All do help me although must use in moderation. Have not tried milk thistle. Do not know of any "magic pill" for detoxing. I'm researching UVB light use also, is said to be very beneficial. I know being in the sun helps me alot! The Dr gave me the delayed mold test (IGG or IGE) and determined that I am allergic to 7 different kinds of mold out of 10 tested for, would need addtl. testing to determine if allergic to others not tedsted for then, but he said why test?, these are more common toxic ones, worst ones in this environment, ones I most need to stay away from because of mycotoxins. He said other test is expensive and not always accurate. That delayed mold test is best one.
Hope this helps.
In Peace,
S- [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

suggi 12-22-2007 08:03 PM

Share,

The allergy to molds is not the worst thing although it is bad enough. What is worse is having high levels of mold mycotoxins in your blood which I have unfortunately. I did see a holistic doc (regular mds know nothing about mold) and he did the testing and said most of my health problems are mycotoxin related and I am at risk for liver and kidney cancer and they could have caused my breast cancer and hyperthyroidism. I can not take cholestrymine to detox because a side effect is brittle bones and I have severe osteoporosis and the other detox was Vit C/minerals IV but I only have one arm to use for IVs, blood tests and taking blood pressure because can't the mastectomy arm for these and my other arm already looks like I am a junky. Also the IVs are $80 a pop 2x/week which I do not have. The blood tests were not covered by insurance either and were $600. I am taking probiotics --- how do you take the oregano oil and how much. Since I am allergic to almost everything including drugs do you think it would hurt me to try it? I definitely need to detox somehow. Sweating is not the best for me as I am very underweight and lose weight for no reason at all.

Thanks for any input and happy holidays.

suggi 12-22-2007 08:07 PM

great88

How are you doing? Please write and let us know.