It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Environmental Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2007, 08:58 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

suggi HB User
Mold problems

Can anyone tell me if my mold relatedhealth problems coild possibly be related to snow mold? Is this mold on the grass dangerous as it must come in on your shoes, etc. The kids are always on the lawn. Apparently it is dorment in the hot weather but spring and fall is bad and it thrives under the snow.

Any advice would be helpful as I am allergic to fungicides and don't know what to do. Thanks

Old 10-18-2007, 04:56 PM   #2
(male)

moldman HB User
Re: Mold problems

thanks for the name, I didn't know that nasty stuff had a name.

Hulda Clark (Cure for All Diseases) says that vitamin C detoxifies mold. If you don't have kidney disease you might want to try a non-corn based buffered vitamin C powder in water to drink.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-11-2007, 06:44 PM   #3
(female)

sharewithme HB User

I am severely allergic to mold. I must be very careful not to be contaminated. I use vitamin C to clean food from mold. Never used it on clothing, didn't know you could do that. I'd be interested in learning more about that. I use GSE (grapefruit seed extract) products in those situations as this is what my Dr. taught me to do. They work so long as it's not contaminated with one of the molds I am super allergic to. In those situations I decontaminate by disposing of items in question. Golden rule: Never, ever bring anything contaminated with bad molds into my living space/car or I will get sick again. Textiles are especially susceptible to contamination as spores love them. Also paper.
Could your kids leave shoes outside? I have habit now of taking shoes off when first enter and then spraying them w/ GSE solution in order to minimize this very type of thing.
Hope this helps.
Be well,
S-

Old 11-12-2007, 07:13 AM   #4
(male)

moldman HB User

Hi Share,

I will be thinking about your last post some more, but a few things come to mind right now.

I have always had reservations about the use of things like GSE because although it is natural it is still in the realm of poison. In Traditional Chinese Medicine they use 3 things to treat: Food, Tonics and Poison. The last one is a last resort.

So, keeping the idea in mind to build up the body as oppossed to trying to get rid of something inside of it I thought of the use of Zinc. Now, I can fully appreciate sensitivity to musty old books, but if you can get a copy of Mental and Elemental Nutrients by Carl C. Pfeiffer, 1975 you will get a better picture of the judicious use of minerals. The idea is to give the body what it needs without overwhelming it. This is the first book I ever read that said that the use of vitamins and minerals in not for life because they can actually work against you over time. Personally, I favor the use of Zinc Picolinate. I buy a form that has NO EXCIPIENTS. If you read labels a lot have things like rice flour and you will just be exposing yourself to a dozen molds from that alone. I DO NOT take Zinc every day as it competes with copper and other elements.

Zinc can be thought of as a Food and a Tonic as it will help to build the immune system. Mold does not like zinc taken in the body. Mold does not like zinc as a mineral outside the body. It is so hard to get useful products these days and chemical companies will not sell to you directly so I go through the family pharmacist to get things like Zinc oxide powder. You might find this as an active ingredient in foot powder, etc. but it will probably also be tainted with talcum powder and scents. Talc, by the way, always has traces of asbestos.

I have been working on an unpublished theory that such severe reactions like you experience are because there is something inside your body that does not like what is getting in.

Have you done any programs (like Candida cures) other than the GSE?

Can you think of any particular exposures that might have caused your current problem? For example: I know that I was exposed to moldy old carpets when my lungs were damaged by smoke when I was a kid; and then as an adult I got exposed to aggressive mold in the jungle.

The final idea I have without thinking too hard is to look into a Vitamin D lamp. Vitamin D builds the immune system (we've all been damaged if you've had even just one vaccine) and if you have a topical fungal problem the Ultraviolet is the other thing that mold does not like. This is not something you should do without knowing what you are doing. (Insert: Ask your Doctor, see your doctor disclaimer here)

Old 11-14-2007, 08:13 AM   #5
(female)

sharewithme HB User

Greetings Mold Man:

I'm having trouble calling you that. I respect your choice for a user name it's just kinda weird to say that to you now that you have written to me. You see, to me, your perspective, your writing are the words of a healer. Just kind of a strange association for me, that's all.....

I appreciate your time and willingness to share your knowing.

I do need help. What I am doing w/ GSE has been beneficial for me but the help is fraught with problems as I have developed sensitivity to it. Has been of great concern. I also do not like using poisons, anywhere on anybody.

The last serious mold hit I took was in a library, woman sat next to me for 5 minutes. I was engulfed in a cloud of toxic mold spore. Made the mistake of standing there (inside, not outside as I should) too long to tell her, "I'm a mold geiger counter, you have it in your home, need to test, etc." Turns out she needed the info very badly as she and her son are both quite sick. You could see the light bulb go off. I'm glad I helped her, I just need to make sure I take better care of me next time. Took 2 weeks to recover and am still more chemical sensitive, have active yeast again, allergies in general are hotter. Feels like thyroid was impacted as well. Adrenals are better now. Joints were really hurting -- neurological (buzzing in hands & feet) has finally stopped. Loss of coordination, vision, short term memory and mental clarity were also affected. That has improved, more normal. Of course that begs the question, what exactly is normal now? Certainly not what it could be. So I need to change, improve what I am doing.

I also must ask, is this a safe place for me to live? Mold people (what I call those who live or work in a high mold count like I used to) are everywhere. I have to remember, I encountered them in the southwest too. Isn't that bizarre? But all too true. The West -- swamp coolers, wanton chemical use, and black mold. Took one of the worst hits ever in Flagstaff,AZ and Tuscon is so full of mold, Pima County now has outdoor monitoring stations for it!

I have concluded what I must do is -- HEAL. Stay out of mold, keep my distance from mold people. Is kinda hard to do and still be in the world. I have given up visiting people I care about as they live in mold. I cannot stay with those closest to me because of mold growth in their homes or residue from previous places they've lived, etc. Can you say, Share is super sensitive to the damn stuff?

I hate mold. And what I call the little monsters, yeast overgrowth in my body.

Am open to better and better ways to accomplish quality of life. And to exercising outside as much as possible. Really helps me feel better on all counts.

I want to respond to your queries and suggestions, I just need a break from my computer. A brisk walk will do me wonders. Am obviously getting mad about what has/is happening to me, need to clear myself. There is other stuff going on Mold Man. Starting over again can be an exciting adventure but it also is a giant pain in the a--! Grumble, grumble. Could be worse. I could be homeless.....

Be well,
S-

Old 11-14-2007, 12:37 PM   #6
(male)

moldman HB User

I'm having trouble calling you that. I respect your choice for a user name it's just kinda weird to say that to you now that you have written to me. You see, to me, your perspective, your writing are the words of a healer. Just kind of a strange association for me, that's all.....

No Worries as they say Down Under. I'm just trying to steal power from what steals power from me. (Quite literally. There are several kinds of fatigue. One is a metabolic fatigue at a cellular level that can be caused by many things including environmental toxins. Another is just overwork. And another is just lack of go-juice from adrenals being squeezed dry trying to cope with all of the above)

I appreciate your time and willingness to share your knowing.

You wouldn't believe how much I have learned from people on this site just sharing what they go through even if they don't know what it is they are going through or why. Knowledge is power. In fact, the most I learned is from a <removed> woman who called herself a Canary and listed EVERYTHING that she went through to try to get better. I used her work coupled with a dozen textbooks and found some missing links. I will be passing those on below.[/COLOR]
I do need help. What I am doing w/ GSE has been beneficial for me but the help is fraught with problems as I have developed sensitivity to it. Has been of great concern. I also do not like using poisons, anywhere on anybody.

What you are describing would make everybody with MCS give a wry smile and shake their heads going "Spreading Phenomena". Seems once the cascade starts it branches out into other things that you were not sensitive to before. Who knew that eating a homegrown organic pear (one of my favorite fruits) could drop my BP to 80/60 and make me think my heart was going to stop? You feel the world getting pretty small when even food starts working against you.

The last serious mold hit I took was in a library,

Don't get me started on libraries. The repositories of human knowlege that should be a haven for people like us that need reference to sort out the madness and just with the musty paper, toxic printing ink, and sizing (the stuff that they coat the paper with that ranges from pesticides in National Geographic to the smell of sour milk in really cheap presses) its not fit for man nor beast THEN you couple it with the innocent patrons who come in wheeling their babies in strollers and you nearly pass out because they have some STEALTH SCENT that you can't even get a warning off of by smelling it in time to get away because quite a number of chemicals HAVE NO ODOR.

woman sat next to me for 5 minutes. I was engulfed in a cloud of toxic mold spore. Made the mistake of standing there (inside, not outside as I should) too long to tell her, "I'm a mold geiger counter, you have it in your home, need to test, etc." Turns out she needed the info very badly as she and her son are both quite sick. You could see the light bulb go off. I'm glad I helped her, I just need to make sure I take better care of me next time.

Been there done that. (Not an affectation as I have been to Australia and yes, the water does run down in the opposite direction) I fully understand the need to look out for #1 but in a way you were doing that by sharing what you know. You may be able to help someone else break the cycle and that will be an entire family that could prevent contaminating your airspace in the future. I think the toughest people in the world are sick people because they have to cope with their crap and everyone elses at the same time.

Took 2 weeks to recover and am still more chemical sensitive,

The most important thing my Clinical Ecology Doctor told me was to keep a journal. You can track exposures (it lets you find and avoid things that you may not be aware of). I will keep reminding you that the exotoxins from mold are indeed chemicals, so, although it is necessary and proper to identify WHAT is making you ill it is also helpful to understand WHY you are ill. It also sooths the mind to know that there are not a MILLION things that are out there to get you, there is just a FAMILY of things (Chemicals) to which you are reactive. Hopefully, you will come to understand what I mean as time goes by - because, especially, in the world of microbes there are certain things that they don't like, so if you can harmonize your body's environment to have what they don't like (Zinc, Sulfur, etc.) then you have a even playing field to fight back.

have active yeast again,

Take some time to explain why you think you have (I assume systemic) a yeast (I assume Candida Albicans) problem. I am aware that a lot of people read the books on Yeast and their profiles match everything the questionaire says; but no one I have talked to has had any clinical verification of systemic candidiasis. Now, realize that I know you can have a bad lab test, subclinical presentation, etc. But I always try to reference what is going on with something demonstrable. The biggest obstacle to this is money. If you are sick you can't work, if you can't work you can't get the kind of care you need...
allergies in general are hotter. Feels like thyroid was impacted as well.

When I can afford it I buy organic seaweed in bulk from Maine. It is loaded with trace minerals and Iodine. Practically all landlocked Americans are deficient in Iodine. My favorite quote from a nutrition book is that lack of Iodine leads to low intellect and no ambition. I am still looking into the safety of Potassium Iodide as found in salt as there is conflicting ideas on whether it is effective or safe. My favorite labels are things like the nutrition drinks that have Salt Form minerals (sodium selenite, copper sulfate, etc.) because they meet federal guidelines but are totally unassimilateable (sp?)

Adrenals are better now.

Do you do anything special for your adrenals or does rest restore them? I have to treat mine with Whole Adrenal glandular (frowned on by vegan/vegetarians) and occaisionally Chromium Picolinate. It is important to emphasize that these trace minerals can build up and become toxic so it is never: One Asprin is Good a Whole Bottle Might Be Better scenario. I also use a Cassava based vitamin C powder. I have had no success with megadoses (recommeded 2 grams) vitamin B(? brain fade) also known as Pantothenic acid or its super expensive active co-enzyme form (? still can't remember). But I do occaisionally take a B-complex with active forms of some of the vitamins.

Some people's genetic makeup won't let them activate B-6 so they have to take P-5-P (Pyridoxal 5 Phosphate). Pyridoxine Hydrochloride is totally useless if you can't convert it. Things got so bad for me that I started getting a crack in the corner of my mouth (after farm pesticide spraying) and ONLY the active form of Riboflavin (Riboflavin 5 Phosphate) would make it go away. I know if I went to a doc they would give me a salve and tell me to live with it, but I have a pre-drug industry mania book on vitamins and it showed the exact picture of what I had and how to correct it. The problem is that modern medicine does not believe that Americans can have vitamin deficiencies which is an article of faith not science.

Joints were really hurting -- neurological (buzzing in hands & feet) has finally stopped. Loss of coordination, vision, short term memory and mental clarity were also affected.

What you just describe is directly out of Theron Randolph's description of the advanced stage of chemical sensitivity. The blood brain barrier protects the CNS from the outside world. I assume that these things can happen over time or instantly. It could very well be that the outside world is getting in. I am scrambling to find out how to correct the damage (very difficult when modern cell biology is based on false premises) and trying to stem the tide inbetween. The major thing for me was a Histamine response that took out my higher functions. Histamine among other things is a neurotransmitter and can drop you like a rock if it is out of whack.

That has improved, more normal. Of course that begs the question, what exactly is normal now?

I have a friend who is a Chiropractor who said that if people were 'normal' they would all be sick because the world is so toxic.

Certainly not what it could be. So I need to change, improve what I am doing.

I also must ask, is this a safe place for me to live?

There is no safe place. The Desert Southwest is where everyone went to get cured Back In The Day, but then they wrote back East to say what wonderful place it was so everyone else moved out there, but they missed the things they were familiar with out East so they brought all the things that made them sick with them and the cycle started all over again. Theron Randolph made an astounding discovery that Allergy and Addiction are the SAME THING. This is why they brought their sick-making things with them. There is Oleander (yes the poisonous plant) used as median plantings along the roadsides from California to Arizona. I couldn't live in those states if I wanted to. The recommendation of Clincal Ecologists is to create a safe Oasis in your own home. Fix roof leaks, dry up your basement/crawlspace, vent your bathroom, CLEAN YOUR GUTTERS (I found that out the hard way). I pour vinegar down my sink drains to keep microbes from growing.

Mold people (what I call those who live or work in a high mold count like I used to) are everywhere. I have to remember, I encountered them in the southwest too. Isn't that bizarre? But all too true. The West -- swamp coolers, wanton chemical use, and black mold. Took one of the worst hits ever in Flagstaff,AZ and Tuscon is so full of mold, Pima County now has outdoor monitoring stations for it!

I have concluded what I must do is -- HEAL. Stay out of mold, keep my distance from mold people. Is kinda hard to do and still be in the world. I have given up visiting people I care about as they live in mold. I cannot stay with those closest to me because of mold growth in their homes or residue from previous places they've lived, etc. Can you say, Share is super sensitive to the damn stuff?

I hate mold. And what I call the little monsters, yeast overgrowth in my body.

Am open to better and better ways to accomplish quality of life. And to exercising outside as much as possible. Really helps me feel better on all counts.

Here is what I learned from the Canary who was ALLERGIC to sulfur. I reacted to sulfur containing things like amino acids, eggs, garlic, onions, etc due to Arsenic exposure in industry. It took YEARS of finding the right supplements with the right formulas to get to a point where I could tolerate them. First, the supplements have to be free of extra crap (excipients) that you might react to. Then, you have to find the ones that get the right metabolic stage to you so that your body does not have to convert it. I had great success with a form of B1 called Allithiamine or Thiamine Tetrahydrofurfuryl Disulfide.

Do you know how many YEARS and study it took just to <discover> information on a protocol for Autistic kids that treated conditions that were identical to MCS?

But it helped. It smells like the inside of a steel belted radial tire, but it gets the sulfur where it needs to be with no intermediates. Now, I can eat garlic (couldn't for years despite all of the health gurus who say it is good for you). I gave up the Allithiamine for garlic (in keeping with the Chinese concept of food for medicine)

I want to respond to your queries and suggestions, I just need a break from my computer. A brisk walk will do me wonders. Am obviously getting mad about what has/is happening to me, need to clear myself. There is other stuff going on Mold Man. Starting over again can be an exciting adventure but it also is a giant pain in the a--! Grumble, grumble. Could be worse. I could be homeless.....

The Grumble Grumble could be the sign of an overstressed liver (from Chinese Medicine theory) because the toxins have to be processed and sent somewhere. If you can tolerate sulfur based foods it might help in that arena. Sorry this took so much time, but you have to peel back decades of lies to get back to the real problem so that you can start at the souce instead of some Red Herring.

Be well,
S-[/FONT][/FONT]

[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

Last edited by mod-anon; 11-14-2007 at 09:17 PM. Reason: do not discuss other websites

Old 11-14-2007, 01:35 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

suggi HB User

Hi S

I feel for you -- I have high levels of mold mycotoxins in my blood and no way to detox. I can not take cholestrymine and there doesn't seem to be anything else except I agree about Vit C. Since I have Chrons disease I can not tolerate too much Vit C so you see where I am. I had a mastectomy, hyperthyroidism and had to take the radioactive iodine pill to kill off the thyroid -- also severe osteoporosis. Who knows if all these illnesses besides the terrible headaches, chronic sinusitis, unexplained rashes, eczema -- is caused by the mold exposure I had for years.

It cost over $30,000 to remediate and took all the equity loan and the rest of what we had and are left with nothing. Can't even get out of this house now because of lack of funds --- the mold is gone but with the osteoporosis I need a house with a bathroom, kitchen and bedroom all on one floor. My house is a multilevel and do not have that. The doc said I could break turning over in bed so somehow I have to find a ranch or a one floor condo but aside from apartment type condos all the others are 2 floors or have a loft which is where all the heat goes. A friend got one of those and pays $500 in heat during the winter. Hubby doesn't make much and I am going to be 70 and in bad health so I can't work. Sorry to ramble but mold ruined our lives and to think when we bought the house the former owner had taken out the sump pump so we did not know about the water intrusion and we were so stupid we left the wooden partitions in that were there until we finally realized there was mold on the bottom -- 10 years later. I am the one more affected as I was down there doing wash all the time. I was not as sick when I was working. This house is probably cleaner than any other house we could buy as since the remediation I have dehumidifiers, air purifiers going and after water intrusion ( which we can not stop - coming in from underground through the chimney door and it is a free standing chimney on hollow cinder blocks so the mason could not fix it) hubby fogs with concrobium when it dries up just to make sure it stays OK even though the wooden partitions are gone. I'm just making extra sure. I have done some swab samples on my own since then and they have been coming back with no fungi detected, thank goodness.

Hope you feel better.

Old 11-14-2007, 03:27 PM   #8
(male)

moldman HB User

Hello Ladies,

The stories posted on these boards are simply heartbreaking.

I choked through a text on the Biosynthesis of Mycotoxins A Study in Secondary Metabolites and took notes. (I can't remember anything anymore although I used to be a walking encyclopedia). Like all of the material published today, it is a few hundred pages of appologetics for what they don't know. When I was done I couldn't tell if Phosphates and Tryptophan inhibited the formation of toxic alkaloids or made them worse....I did get the clear impression that whatever assaults they make on our bodies that their actions and our reactions burn up essential materials like amino acids so there is the additional problem of deficiencies after exposure. It also seemed that they provoked a Nitric Oxide effect (NO) (not the laughing gas) as a response by the body to break down the toxins. This seems to be in line with Jeffery Blands work on chemical allergy. I will try to look up the main points of how he proposed to quench the Nitric Oxide.

Suggi, when you brought up Chron's I immediately thought that a large portion of the lymph system is in the large intestine which makes me wonder if that is where you are storing the mycotoxins. There is a difficulty when detoxifying in that Phase 1 adds or subtracts an electron so that they can become ready to be attached to an amino acid Phase 2 and then excreted. If Phase 1 is happening faster than Phase 2 then toxic secondary metabolites can build up and sometimes be worse than the original thing until they get the amino acid attached onto it in the liver then sent to the kidneys to go out. My Phase 2 always lagged my phase 1 so there was a time when I couldn't even tolerate Vitamin C. (At this point I should emphasize that BUFFERED vitamin C is the important thing to have since true Ascorbic Acid can rot your teeth and will probably pull calcium from your bones to buffer it in your body). I lived on liquid amino acids (a natural form of soy sauce - not fermented wheat and soy) and took lots of free form amino acids just to get to a point where vitamin C didn't make me deathly ill.

I highly recommend the postings on the sinus washing/irrigation/lavage. Always start with sterile solution and work your way into cleaning your sinuses when you have difficulty (everything in moderation you can overdo it).

On the topic of eczema I would be grateful to anyone with eczema who reads these posts to let me know if they EVER had a bad reaction to penicillin or other antibiotic (i.e. mold toxin - Share - I told you I would keep reminding you of this until you owned the knowledge. Antibiotics are the exotoxins from molds).

Old 11-14-2007, 04:23 PM   #9
(female)

sharewithme HB User

Good Evening:

moldman...suggi... my heart is with you both. I am not able to give you much in the way of advice. I do not have your knowledge or experience. What I am able to share is my willingness to "listen", my sincere wishes for your well being, my prayers for your healing.

Best way I have detoxified is plain old sweating. At one point my sweat was a weird yellowish color. I can always tell when I am detoxifying as it always smells weird, very distinctive odor especially with certain kinds of mold. It also came out in my urine, smelled super bad, was very dark in color. I believe was also from yeast die back. Caused secondary infection in bladder. At one point kidneysn hurt like hell. i just knew it was the mold coming out of me. Fortunately, that has passed. am much, much better now. suggi, hope you will be too.

I appreciate all you are sharing with me.

I am not a fast typist, never learned! All communiques take longer because of this... Hence my mentioning computer time.

Eczema went away when I got out of moldy house. mildly flared up when took hit in library recently, as did itchy ears, sinus congestion,
hay fever, itchy scalp, vaginal yeast, burping, and several other things I can't think of right now. I am allergic to penecillin, tetracycline and had a very serious reaction to one of the mycins, so don't take any of them. I HATE antibiotics and only take when truly desperate and nothing else works. If I never took again, it would be too soon!

I'm in a somewhat precarious situation with my living situation as the place I am in now, is too expensive and not good for mcs.. First time in 3 decades I have to rent. I must buy a used car, has been very difficult, very slow going. Am working on my resume, first time not self employed in 25 years. Is a whole new world out there. So many details, so much information everyone needs. All records were lost to me -- mold contamination. Is tedious and time consuming with no feeling of actually having accomplished anything. I keep plugging away at it....

Good news! Today I skipped rope!!!! First time in many years. Trying to find fun, practical, realistic ways to exercise outside. Tried to get a couple of kids to jump with me but only one would do it. I asked, "Do you know a good skipping song?" They did! Was a similar melody to the one we used when I was their age, let's see that would be app. 40 years ago. Shoot fire! I'm old enough to be that young 'uns Momma! (No kids of my own, just wasn't in the cards...) Anyway, I had fun. Laughed and laughed. Good for my soul. And my body.

Later,
S-
PS moldman, i like that power from what robs you. thanks
for sharing your reasoning. also, i replied to other string, where you asked about all the mold hits i took? i did a quote but it doesn't show up like yours did to me. i need to learn how you did that! works vey well....

Last edited by sharewithme; 11-14-2007 at 04:38 PM. Reason: forgot to address several concerns others had in previous 2 messages

Old 11-14-2007, 08:24 PM   #10
(male)

moldman HB User

Share,

Thanks for the sharing.

Suggi,
Thanks for the concrobium tip. I looked it up. If I can use it (chemical allergies prevent a lot) I will.

Old 11-15-2007, 04:18 AM   #11
Veteran
(female)

suggi HB User

moldman

No chemicals -- very non toxic -- don't need any protection to use it and it works. I am allergic to everything and antibiotics -- esp. penicillin. The high mycotoxin levels in me are penicillium, aspergillus, cladasporium, chaetomium and probably others that I could not afford to pay for testing any more -- lab did not take insurance for these tests $600 worth.

The holistic doc that did the tests (regular docs know nothing about mold) wanted to give me 2x weekly Vit C intravenously at $80 a pop (not covered by insurance). Hubby doesn't make much money and besides that -- I only have one arm to work with. Can't use the mastectomy side for blood draw, IVs, blood pressure taking, nothing so the other arm already looks like I am a druggy. I have scar tissue on my veins from all the blood tests and IVs esp. when I was in the hospital for the hyperthyroidism. I was in the midst of a thyroid storm and in the telemetry (sp) unit with all the heart patients. They were sure I was going to have a heart attack my numbers were so high.

As far as soy is concerned, I heard it was good for you but my cancer was/is estrogen receptive so I can't have soy. I just don't know what to do at this point as my WBC and lymphocytes are always low and don't know how to get them up -- docs don't know and I stopped going to the holistic doc as I can't do his treatment. My immune system is shot so I have to be careful. Holistic doc also told me with my mycotoxin levels I am at risk for liver and kidney cancer so somehow I have to detox. Any suggestions beyond cholestrymine which I can't take or extremely high doses of Vit C. Will 500 of buffered do anything??????? The cholestryjine causes brittle bones which I already have and also I am on Evista for my bones and under drug interactions it states you can not take cholestrymine if you are on Evista.....bad, bad.....so what can I do - Evista is the only drug I can take for the bones. I am allergic or can not tolerate the other drugs -- that goes for the Crohns too. Can not take the Crohns drugs because I found out I am allergic to them so I am only on Librium and Librax, culturelle ( a probiotic) and omega 3 to try to control it I was on heavy doses of prednisone in the beginning to stop the 8 hours of bleeding from the rectum and stayed on it for a year to try to heal and then became allergic to cortisones in the prednisolone family (prednisone is one). I even had patch testing done which proved it as my doc said you can't be allergic to cortisone - your body produces it.......a lot he knows. I am very allergic to 3 classes. There are 4 classes of cortisone and of course the very one I need is the one I can't take. I was using it for my eczema and it was getting worse and worse so I went for the testing and turned out it was causing the eczema to be worse since I had become allergic to it after using it for many years.

HELP.

Last edited by suggi; 11-15-2007 at 05:41 AM.

Old 11-15-2007, 07:27 AM   #12
(male)

moldman HB User

Suggi,

Thanks for the headsup on the spray.

I will try to see if there is any common compound in the mycotoxins you have in your blood.

Mastectomy - I'm thinking lymph-sequestered mycotoxins again.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around your thyroid condition. Lita Lee says that modern society has poisoned us with estrogens (from pesticides to plastic wrapped meat) and that will take out your thyroid among other things. That mold book said that the yellow mold found on rice is in the penicillin family and is rendered not reactive by iodine so this makes me wonder if your body didn't try to detoxify using that pathway at some time. With your thyroid out of the picture this is probably no longer an option.

500 mg is the limit for what your body can effectively use to make Glutathione. The reason people use megadoses is because you can be grossly deficient and it takes a lot to fill a glass that has a hole in it. I have only gotten good results from steady low doses. High doses of oral Vitamin C can give you diarrhea. I don't know enough about the pros and cons of IV vitamin C. The Nobel Prize winner Linus Pauling said it makes a difference but I would think it would have to be monitored closely so you don't harm the pH of the blood. Buffered vitamin C is buffered with at least a Calcium salt so that should also help with your bone health. Vitamin D is essential and current research says that it helps to build the immune system.

I know someone who calls Prednisone The Evil Pill.

Of course you can be allergic to ANYTHING.

I was waiting for you to say the next words were that you were diagnosed psychosomatic. How would they explain AUTO-Immunity if you can't be allergic to things that are your own body.

The thing that I will keep harping on until you ladies own it is: They are all chemicals.

Prednisone, Prednisolone, etc. are chemicals whether your body makes them or not.

The pathways for mycotoxin synthesis involve the same things that make steroids. Steroids are used in the human body to make hormones. Hormones = cortisone, etc.

It's easy to see how a body under attack could think that normal things are bad for it. I really don't know the first thing about any of this (I'm just trying to sort out hundreds of years of textbook lies) but when you said your eczema got worse on the cortisone it almost seems that the cortisone might have been feeding the mold in your system. I know a fellow whose skin on his fingers would peel off if he got antibiotics (mold toxins).

more later when I have time to think about it.

Old 11-15-2007, 10:28 AM   #13
Veteran
(female)

suggi HB User

Moldman -- Oh my goodness -- are you right on target -- when I was sick for months with the hyperthyroidism -- guess what THEY CALLED ME SYCHOSEMATIC (sp) and sent me to a psych dr and I refused antidepressents.........no one took blood tests including no TSH, T4, etc until my legs ballooned to elephant legs and even then it took a while -- they sent me to the cardiac dr who did an echo and said "boy you have a strong heart -- listen to those heartbeats" ......my heart was pounding, pulse was 98 and when they finally did the blood tests it was way over 100 but I am crazy and depressed. Where are their heads?

By the way, the RAI did not kill it all off. The endo can't figure it out -- I am still within normal range now and it has been 2 1/2 years. He said I should have been hypo more than a year ago .... he is just dying to get me on Synthroid but can't do it unless my numbers go down.. HA HA to him and all of them. I am disgusted with all the docs except my oncologist but you just can't get a good one any more esp a PCP. You see the NP all the time who knows squat and then she gets annoyed when I say I can't take this or that. Not my fault. You sure have to be knowledgable about meds before you pop them in your mouth.

I am allergic to sulfa also and when the legs swelled up (symptom of hypo not hyper by the way??) the ER doc gave me a script for something and when I got to the drug store the pharmacist said it had sulfa in it. Thank God she knew. Then he told her to give me Norvasc for some reason andd the next day when I saw that cardiac doc he said Norvasc can make your legs swell and took me off................................... It's the docs that will kill us. I try to take as little as I can and fend for myself.

Allergic to the flu shot (neomycin and thimerasol) so I found out they now have a preservatove free, antibiotic free flu shot. Last year after begging profusely my doc was able to get one from a pediatrician and made sure I knew how difficult it was for her. This year "she couldn't get it" Luckily I found out there are Minute Clinics in CT - I am in MA that carry it so I got one -- 2 hours down and 2 hours back. She said you have to buy a box od 10 as they have no preservative and are single dose and she did not want to do it because I was they only one who could not get the traditional. All the docs that are any good are not taking new patients so what do you do. I can't go into Boston as I am turning 70 and my car is old and not near the train.

Thanks for letting me rant and rave.....it must be the mold in my brain. The docs don't want to hear about mold. I read somewhere that some guy was told by his doc that if he mentioned the word mold again he would be dismissed from the practice. That is the feeling you get -- you don't dare ask if this or that could be related to long term mold exposure. I even saw an infectious disease doc who said unless I was coughing up blood from aspergillosis there was nothing he could do for me. If I really wanted some antifungals he would give them to me but don't bother him. Well, I am allergic to all the antifungals for women's problems including Diflucan so I figured don't bother. I can take Nystatin yet for thrush but that is not going to do anything for my mycotoxin problems.

From patch testing she found I am allergic to carba mix and balsam of peru. BofP crossreacts with herbs and spices so I am afraid to experiment with them. Now I know why I got big red welts whereever the bandaid adhesive was - carba mix.

I feel kind of hopeless.

Old 11-15-2007, 04:30 PM   #14
(male)

moldman HB User

Suggi,

If you have a chance, get a copy of Confessions of a Medical Heretic by Mendelsohn. He explains the game exquisitely.

GeezOPete - where do I start?

The things you described are some basic things that Old School Doctors would know right away. What we have now is a bunch of rich kids who were never sick a day in their lives going into doctoring with a mercenary frame of mind being taught out of textbooks based on false premises and have to pay for their education that was structured from the early 1900's to answer only to the Holy Order of Pharmaceuticals.

Old School could look at a bulbous nose and tell you that you had a heart condition. They could look at the quality of your skin and listen to the sound of your voice and tell what was going on inside. They probably got it from 5000 years of the Chinese doing it and just repackaged it as being American, but at least they were doing the right thing.

Here's what an Old Timer had to say about this kind of thing:
You had a strong heartbeat because thyroid hormones have a direct effect on the heart. It wasn't 'strong' as in 'what a healthy powerful beat you have, Grandma' (Little Red Riding Hood); but overly forceful in compensation for the imbalanced hormones. Thyroid hormones also have an effect on fluid balance (edema) and on brain chemistry (it can make you appear to be a zombie).

So, that was the first clue totally missed.

There should have been TSH, T3, T4 and Thyroid Antibody tests ALL at the same time because there are mathematical ratios that need to be calculated or the tests are half useless.

Great news that the RAI did not finish its evil plot. This should leave you with some residual function - but here is what they DON'T TELL YOU....

They tell you that the radioactive substance has a 'short half-life'. This is true. But unless you know chemistry you don't understand what that MEANS. It means that within months or weeks half of it will be gone. BUT HALF IS STILL LEFT. Then in months or weeks half of that will be gone. You may have heard the story about the frog that jumped halfway to the wall on each hop an never made it to the wall. The gist of this story is that even if you were left with one atom in your system it is still bombarding you with whatever energy level it was manufactured to.

There are three recognized causes of Cancer in Modern Medicine:
Viruses
Chemicals
Radiation

I can't help smiling when I think of how they 'treat' cancer:
Chemicals (Chemotherapy)
Radiation (Radiation therapy)
and now, they are engineering viruses to deliver Gene Therapy

Hair of the Dog that Bit You.

Since I have said it before, I will say it again: you might benefit from NAC (N-Acetyl Cysteine). It is available in healthfood stores over the counter. The trade name is Mucomyst when they use it as a liquid before they give you contrast dyes. The only downside is that some people can make kidney stones from Cysteine. I do not know of a test to find out if you are a stone maker, but that is why most are formulated with B6 to prevent this.

I realize that you said that you are allergic to sulfa. This is not uncommon. Sulfa is a short name for a chemical that is sulfur based. It is not normal to the human body like the amino acid Cysteine. Cysteine can be found in eggs and other foods. I would recommend that you consult a physician before taking sulfur based supplements since you have so many conditions. The Canary was allergic to all forms of sulfur. As I said earlier it took using the right brands of cysteine supplements and many years to get to a point where I could even eat eggs, garlic, onions, etc. I guess if you could tolerate any of the foods, that would be a good start and work your way up.

Once you are on Synthroid it DOWNREGULATES your thyroid basically throwing the switch that says, "Don't bother working on your own anymore." After a while of not working, it forgets how to work and you might not be able to kickstart that motorbike again.

If you are sensing a Sardonic tone it is because this is all known yet it repeats itself over and over again (I've heard this all before from too many other people) but the health industry just keeps going like they've never seen or heard it before. (The working definition for insanity is to do the same thing over and over again expecting different results every time).

But here's why: You're a Cash Cow. They know that if they ignore your thyroid (that is currently the major time keeper for the heart and is usually the first to go) that your adrenals will take over the job. There is just so much that adrenals can do as secondary timekeepers for the heart and still meet the other demands so they give out. Then you have a heart attack - but not to worry! They know ALL ABOUT heart attacks. They have an entire Industry built around that! There's handfuls of drugs, pacemaker implants to make you a Borg from Startrek, and other bells and whistles until you kick it and then they just yell, "NEXT!"

So, let's try to peel back the curtain on this Wizard of Oz.
I don't have a clue on what a thyroid storm is all about. It seems reasonable to think that since there is a relationship with Iodine and certain penicillin species of mold (like yellow rice mold) that it might have been a reaction to some exposure.

Has anyone ever told you WHY it happened? (My favorite medical diagnosis is: I don't know.)

The Old School Doc said that all of his patients who had Hashimoto's all had their carpets cleaned in the summer. His theory was that it was a disease transmitted by dust mites who multiplied during the high humidity of the carpet cleaning that was sustained during the summer because the carpets never really dried.

Without the WHY you will never be able to discover or correct the CAUSE.

Ever wonder why the FDA says: Only drugs can DIAGNOSE or cure a disease? They 'try' a drug and go, "Ooops, that didn't work - well, we know what it isn't."

Should I say, "Norvasc...?" (from your previous post)

Regarding Flu shots: Why do you get them?

The H and N antigen presentations on any given flu 'going around' at any time has worse odds than Vegas of ever being in the shot that you get. According to what you say your age is, you are of the next generation from the one that survived the 1900's mess that pretty much confers immunity to that entire generation. The selling features for a flu shot is that the elderly die of complications like pneumonia. So, what got them, the flu or pneumonia? Barbara Loe Fisher posts all of the pros and cons of vaccines that Dr. Mendelsohn (Confessions of a Medical Heretic) called the Holy Anointing into lifelong treatment.

Dr. Shope demonstrated the EXACT relationship between flu and its causes in the 1930's and 40's and was promptly ignored.

Rant and rave all you want. As you know, they aren't listening. As stated above they can only treat based on what they paid for in their 'education' that does not allow for thinking outside the box.

I will have to look into carba mix and balsam. Adhesive rash is a clear sign of chemical allergy.

Hulda Clark would say avoid Isopropyl (propyl, or rubbing alcohol) at ALL costs. It shows up in things like shampoo, etc. not just the stuff in the bottle.

You've got a lot going on. I hope you have good days.

Old 11-15-2007, 07:59 PM   #15
Veteran
(female)

suggi HB User

Wow - is there anything you don't know.......you are a wealth of information.

As to the WHY you are right - they don't know. However, I received radiation treatments 2x - as a baby because of an enlarged thymus gland when I was born and again when I was 8 to get rid of scar tissue from the first round. Then when I was about 11 the doc told my mother I would probably die by 15 and if I didn't I should never have kids. Well, to make a long story short - I was disowned at 21 because I married out of my religion and only got back together with my mother when my father died in 1990 and that's when she told me what the doc said. In the meantime I had 2 children and they are OK. I presume the doc learned that the experimental wonder drug "radiation" was not such a good idea after all and there were consequences. I have heard a lot of those kids have gotten thyroid cancer 50 and 60 years later from the radiation -- they used cobalt back then which was not measured either.

I will look into NAC. Don't know about what they give you before contrast dye as I am allergic to nuclear medicine. Broke out in terrible hives after a bone scan. I blame all my allergies and illnesses on mold exposure but too bad I can't do anything about it. I will start taking the Vit C you talked about.

In a way my parents were right about HIM - not the religion part but he turned out to be physically and emotionally abusive and finally I got up the guts to leave and take the kids out of state as he said he would kill me if I left him. I worked 2 jobs to take care of the kids and 9 years later met someone at work and am married again. Just my luck though, I went from poor in my 1st marriage to poorer in my 2nd. This one is good though -- it is nice to not be afraid of someone. I stayed with the 1st one 19 years and once he started to abuse my oldest -- that was it -- we were gone. I did not have kids until a few years into the marriage and should have had the guts to leave before although I am glad I had the kids. I never see them - one is in OK and the other one is in MA but is super busy with a job, kids, games, practices, etc., etc. and I almost never see her now that her kids don't need a babysitter anymore.

Hulda Clark rings a bell -- is she legit?

Thanks for all the info.

Closed Thread