It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Environmental Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2003, 10:00 AM   #16
(male)

ny01 HB User
I'm chemically allergic too!!

I became Chemically allergic about two years ago after taking a course of antibiotics. I have yet to find anything that helps me. I do notice that if I am zonked by some nasty smell and I go home workout and take a hot shower, I feel a world better. Most fo the time my sinuses are just plain swollen and my brain is in a fog. I went from no heatlh problems to being miserable. Kamden ro Dawn, have you had any successes? I know you haven't been here in a while and was wondering if anything helped you.

Old 04-26-2004, 04:24 PM   #17

betsy92361 HB User
Re: Anybody else get sick from chemicals?

Interesting- My daughter has gotten asthma like symptoms-wheezing-can't take a deep breathe-at the same time she got a new comforter, that really smelled funny when we first took it out of the bag. We also had recently gotten a hot tub so i am looking at a possible chemical reaction to inhaling bromine. Though the Dr's can help I think no one knows your body better than you do!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-30-2004, 04:32 PM   #18
Mara

When they painted, did they use the special paint that does not give off fumes? Did they seal the tiles? Some grout contains adhesives that may give off fumes. When the allergies kick up, depending on how bad, Benadryl helps or Sudafed. I've used others and try to avoid sedating and try to avoid drying medications. I use menthol vapors to help open up nasal passages. It's one of those ongoing things, treat as needed. I was on a histamine for 2 years that helped my allergies so much but had to stop it because of side affects. I have been watching the food combinations and avoid processed foods. Hope you are feeling better soon. Good Luck and Take Care, Gemi

Old 09-26-2004, 06:00 PM   #19
(female)

patched HB User

Hi,

Just glad to find that other people are responding to this thread.

I've been suffering with this condition for over 10 years and it seems to be getting worse. I bought a coat with a fur collar and wore it for a 1 hour ride in a heated car. I started to taste the fur in my mouth and my nose plugged up and my ears started to hurt. I also started a new job as an assembler where there was a lot of chemicals. I started to have problems going into furniture stores and the laundry aisle in the supermarket. It has just been horrible. I even have a problem going into my doctor's office as the rug in the waiting room bothers me. Rugs bother me when they are new, when they have just been cleaned or when they are fully of dirt. I drive my dh crazy because there is always something that I am reacting to. I have problems with perfume, anything that has a petro-chemical base, paint, fabric sheets. I can't wear clothing that is made from wool or acrylic (sp). I am not a happy camper, as I'm sure none of you are. Sorry for the rant but it does help knowing that I'm not alone.

Pat

Old 10-03-2004, 04:53 AM   #20

Kean HB User

hi guys
ive got soem environmental allergy in my sinuses and thoats. they're always inflammed, giving me weird headaches and clicking in my ears but no cataar at all its all dry. ENT said its environmental and cant do anthing...also ive developed a positier detached vitreous in my eyes at the same time causing loads of floaters......eye doctor said it cant be related to sinus problems...but im not sure. I used to take ecstasy but not for 10 months.....is it possible this can cause allergy/eye problems?

who knows ha hga!!!

take care everyone

K

Closed Thread