It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....



Environmental Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-16-2007, 09:46 AM   #1
Junior Member
(male)
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Benfleet essex ENGLAND
Posts: 26
spoonse HB User
is mold the culprit

im just posting to see if mold could be causing the problem in my shed.Apparently there are many types of mold and some are known to cause the ear canal to swell,can anyone help me on this thanks

 
Old 12-16-2007, 01:43 PM   #2
Member
(female)
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Southern Eastlands o
Posts: 98
sharewithme HB User
Re: is mold the culprit

Yes, it can cause many different symptoms including ear problems. MY ears get soupy and itch. if they swell or pustules form, i'm in real trouble. there are 700 different kinds of mold in the workld. we become allergic with exposure and toxicity levels in the body. the higher the mokd count in any environment, the worse your symptoms. it sounds like your body is definitely trying to tell you something. i'd pay attention as the allergy symptoms increase in severity with each exposure. also with the toxic molds you get a build up of mycotoxins in your body which can cause serious long term health problems. it may be worth it to test the bldg to verify what is going on.
i wish you well with it.
in peace,
Share

 
Sponsors Lightbulb
   
Old 12-17-2007, 12:54 PM   #3
Junior Member
(male)
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Benfleet essex ENGLAND
Posts: 26
spoonse HB User
Re: is mold the culprit

thanks Share i'll try and find out how to get hold of something to test the air somehow,

 
Old 12-24-2007, 10:35 AM   #4
Member
(female)
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Southern Eastlands o
Posts: 98
sharewithme HB User
Re: is mold the culprit

You are welcome spoonse, if I am of a help I am glad for it.

One method of testing is to use mold plates which are petri dishes with a growing medium in them which mold spore is attracted to. <removed> I pay $2.50 for the dish itself and $10. for the lab to i.d. one dish. You strategicaslly place them in areas where you asre likely to have mold spores congregate such as along walls, in the roof area, etc where there ahve been leaks, in crawl spaces where water has collected, near areas where there are slow drains, leaking or wet retaining walls. For any fibers or padded furniture -- which is a specific technique -- you thump furniture very hard to release spores into the air and then turn over the dish on the spot you thumped for 1 hour and follow directions for sealing, etc. For all areas (other than furniture) you expose dish upright, leave uncovered for exactly one hour, then cover, seal and send to a lab for identification. The number of colonies (or spots where each mold begins to grow) gives you the count and the experts can i.d. the type of mold usually by looking at it. There is mold everywhere, so you will have some grow probably. It's the type and how high a concentration of mold spore that need concern you.

I hear it's better to warm the area up first as mold likes it where there is dark, lack of air flow and where its warmer rather than colder. That it's better to err on the side of overkill rather than to under do it, so plate several areas inside the structure and be sure to mark each plate as to exact location so you know where the problem is!
let me know how it goes.
I pray you will have more good days than bad, that you will heal and that your home becomes your sanctuary again...
Share

Last edited by mod-anon; 12-24-2007 at 12:10 PM. Reason: do not discuss online purchasing

 
Old 12-26-2007, 06:04 AM   #5
Junior Member
(male)
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Benfleet essex ENGLAND
Posts: 26
spoonse HB User
Re: is mold the culprit

thanks again share your message makes perfect sense,i'll give it a bash after the holiday and will keep you posted,merry xmas

 
Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
Mold related illness sharewithme Environmental Disorders 20 10-20-2011 09:14 PM
Think I'm allergic to mold lizzylu Allergies 4 08-03-2008 09:54 AM
Mold problems suggi Environmental Disorders 67 12-16-2007 02:58 PM
very sick...toxic mold???? klj700 Environmental Disorders 11 10-17-2007 08:02 PM
Mold Poisoning Am I Dieing? jennyVee Lung & Respiratory Disorders / COPD 15 12-29-2005 03:49 PM




Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Join Our Newsletter

Stay healthy through tips curated by our health experts.

Whoops,

There was a problem adding your email Try again

Thank You

Your email has been added








TOP THANKED CONTRIBUTORS



aswander (1), esker (1), Audrey-B (1), sharewithme (1), hawk1 (1)

Site Wide Totals

teteri66 (1180), MSJayhawk (1004), Apollo123 (904), Titchou (847), janewhite1 (823), Gabriel (759), ladybud (754), sammy64 (668), midwest1 (668), BlueSkies14 (610)



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:15 PM.



Site owned and operated by HealthBoards.comô
Terms of Use © 1998-2014 HealthBoards.comô All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!