It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Environmental Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-19-2008, 11:02 AM   #1
(female)

sharewithme HB User
Positive Update from Share

Positive Update from Share

I wrote so much before I feel a responsibility to let you all know I am much better. Identifying contaminated structures and staying away from them (i.e. libraries) as well as better living environment has beeen critical. Mold exposure has become minimal! With the advent of spring I do have to use GSE products daily to maintain low mold count but otherwise use is minimal. I don't have to decontaminate very often anymore. Hard as it has been, the extreme measures work when necessary. Otherwise when out in the world life is pretty normal now!

I live alone in a separate space in a house now, have my own washer/dryer, kitchen, etc. Hard piece of advice for those of you renting -- no multi story dwellings like apt. buildings or condos with anyone above/below you. Too risky for exposure.

My lifestyle is very minimal. This has allowed me a great deal of control so I can know exactly what chemicals bother me. I do have moderate MCS now and am learning how to be in the world differently so I can stay healthy. Is working. I am VERY hopeful.

Have learned that what moldman told me is true, mold is chemical. Have accepted this. And am working on ways to detoxify more from within, liver, etc.

Now people say to me, I'd never know you were so sick! those who saw me when really sick are amazed to see me now and say I look great! music to my ears...

Food/supplements are so important, it is amazing. educate yourself to allergies and mold in food and additives -- rice in vitamins is super moldy and eliminating this has helped me incredibly. Keeping these things out of my boidy helps me to heal, not be so sensitive, which makes it easier for me to identify an exposure while it is happening!

I am in a positive domino effect now. Being able to identify toxins at time of exposure means I am able to minimize the exposure which keeps me from doing it again which makes it easier for my body to deal with internal toxicity instead of constantly being assaulted and the residual build up never decreasing. This lessening has rresulted in better over all health and diminished sensitivity even to mold!!!!!!

MCS, new clothes, pillows, comforters, carpets, etc are high in chemicals which affect many people. Local HEAL group has taught me much to stay healthy with everything from how to use vinegar to help me make clothes wearable to how to off gas/burn offf new electronics, just to name a few.

THERE IS HOPE!!!! keep trying. don't lose faith that you can heal. keep praying, stay open, the answers will come, sometimes where you least expect them.

In peace,

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-19-2008, 12:33 PM   #2
(male)

moldman HB User
Re: Positive Update from Share

Hi Share,

So glad to hear good news.

That is a good insight on supplements that use rice as filler.

If you can tolerate it - try a one day fast with just water (this may not be good for weak people or other health problems) and see if you are less reactive.

Then try just a protein and green vegetable diet for a week (too much protein stresses the kidneys). DO NOT EAT ANY STARCH.

Let me know if that lessens reactions.

I just read a large book on microbes in food that said that mold spores are NOT dormant.

This was a misconception that I had always operated under.

Mold spores are LIVING PROTOPLASM.

Since I saw this new post, I read the old posts to refresh my memory and wondered if you could describe any reactions to contact (other than inhaling) mold? What kind of symptoms do you get that might be different than inhaling?

Lastly, I can't say enough about Hylamist. Hyaluronic Acid and GSE.

Do you have severe sinus symptoms?

Old 03-20-2008, 09:42 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

suggi HB User

What is --- Hylamist. Hyaluronic Acid and GSE.

I have high levels of mold mycotoxins in my blood and what the doc wanted to detox me with I can't do. ------- cholestrymine, Vit C/mineral IVs. Is there anything else I can do to detox as he said I am at risk for liver and kidney cancer with the high counts..

High and long exposure to penecillium, aspergillus, cladasporium, chaetomium and a couple more. Aflatoxin levels very high.

Can't take cholestrymine because it can cause brittle bones and I am 10.9% below fracture level in my spine now. Also, the only osteoporosis drug I can take is Evista and it says on the sheet DO NOT TAKE CHOLESTRYMINE with Evista....for some reason.

Can't do the Vit C IV's as I had a mastectomy and can not use that arm for BP, IVs, blood taking, etc. and the other arm now looks like I am a druggy as I have had so many blood tests and IVs. I had severe hyperthyroidism and was in the hospital with a thyroid storm. Was given the radioactive iodine pill.

My health problems are too numerous to mention, my allergies to drugs are too numerous to count -- docs are disgusted as they can't give me anything. I am down to 2 antibiotics I can take - Ceclor and Levaquin. I have become allergic to all the others.

I have had mold remediation and do not have enough money to get out of my house as the remediation took everything I had in the bank and the equity loan and I am 70 years old and feel like 90. I am trying so hard to keep this place "dust free" as the remediators said mold spores love dust but just can't keep up. As far as help is concerned, there is none. Hubby is younger than me and still working 1 1/2 hour away (the only job he could find after his department was laid off) and only makes $17/hour. He has degenerative disc disease with a bulging disc pressing on a nerve and he can't use his left arm and forget family. Any family we have think we are crazy re: mold and dismiss us as lunatics. My immune system is shot and I pray we do not get sick and it has been a bad winter in the NE.

Also, we get water intrusion in the basement which we have tried to fix but were unable to. We did call in a waterproofing company and they wanted to dig a drain around the inside of the basement and in front of the oil tank and put plastic into the drain leaving a small opening along the wall in case any water came through (and water does come in under the oil tank) and they wanted to put plastic from the wall, along the floor under the oil tank going into the drain in front of the oil tank. Well, if water got between the plastic and cement it would never dry out and that to me sounds like MOLD. Also, we get water in the chimney door from underground and they were going to plut in a drain under the door leaving that open to the basement. It was going to cost much more than we have and did not sound right anyway. We did have a crack in the foundation fixed but couldn't fix the chimney as it is a free standing chimney on hollow cinder blocks and the mason told the backhoe guy to stop as the chimney would fall so that went unfixed. We also do not have any footing on the house which was a surprise.

I need a house all on one floor because the doc said I could break turning over in bed and now with hubby's problem -- he is going to see a neurosurgeon next. Hopefully the house is mold free now as the problem was wooden partitions in the basement which the remediators took out when they did there job but I just can't bring myself to trust any more even though all the after tests came back with no fungi detected.

Any suggestions as to how to detox, etc. would be appreciated.

Thanks much. By the way, I have chronic sinus problems - using saline spray and praying it doesn't get worse as I want to save the antibiotics I have left. As I take them for a while I suddenly get an allergic reaction so I never know when I take them if it is the last time I will be able to take them.

Last edited by suggi; 03-20-2008 at 09:44 AM.

Old 03-20-2008, 05:53 PM   #4
(male)

moldman HB User

What is --- Hylamist. Hyaluronic Acid and GSE.

In simple terms it is a moisturizer with Grapefruit Seed Extract as a preservative. It also has saline in it. I look at it like a physical barrier with a small amount of antimicrobial in it. One of the Hallmarks of people with chemical allergies (mycotoxins are chemicals) is that they lack enzymes and sometimes healthy mucus in the sinuses. The reason I was asking about sinus conditions is because the sinuses and lungs is where mold gets me the worst and the sinuses and lungs are portals directly to the brain and the blood. If you have other posters and friends on these boards then link them to our conversation here because I have something scary to say:

MOLD IS NOT THE PROBLEM.

That you can have toxic mold, high mold counts, reactions to toxic mold in high concentrations is universal and not to be contested. If you have high mold it needs to be remediated and it seems like you have done all that you humanly can to do this.

THE PROBLEM IS THAT LOW LEVELS OF MOLD AND MYCOTOXINS ARE STILL AFFECTING YOU BECAUSE YOUR BODY IS INJURED.

I just read yesterday that Streptococcus Pneumoniae can cause fatal lung disease but 30-70% of 'normal' people have it in their throats!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is only one reason for this. The people who get sick have had their lungs damaged and THEN the mold takes over.

The same would apply with mycotoxins. Normal liver and kidneys can handle 'normal' daily insults from mold (high exposures are a different story) but if they are impaired in any way then even 'normal' levels will cause disease. So, again, in this situation - MOLD IS NOT THE PROBLEM - it is the underlying damage to the organs that needs to be address. You wouldn't believe how under 'normal' conditions we live in a Sea Of Mold but 'normally' would not get ill.

So, after all that - What is the answer?

You are on to it already - you must support the organs that are already damaged so that they can handle the 'normal' load of microbes and chemicals - remember mycotoxins are chemicals and that is how the body deals with them. I am only just understanding that there are certain chemicals that do not start the process of white blood cells responding to a foreign substance so the the B-cells are not asked to create a memory for the offending thing so it is like you have to respond to each poisoning as if it were the first time. The keywords are Haptens, Non Specific Defense and Thymus Independent Response. Because this is the first time I have come across this information I now have to find out if there is ANY way to help the body along during these repeating crises. It seems reasonable that if your body has to make antibodies EVERY time it gets exposed and you get exposed repeatedly that the whole system would run out of raw materials and you would be in even worse shape. But always remember: You are reacting because you have an IMMUNE RESPONSE. If your immune system wasn't working - you wouldn't get sick at all. Those are the people who say. "I've never been sick a day in my life." Then they go to the doctor about an ingrown toenail and are told they have Stage 4 Cancer.

I have high levels of mold mycotoxins in my blood and what the doc wanted to detox me with I can't do. ------- cholestrymine, Vit C/mineral IVs. Is there anything else I can do to detox as he said I am at risk for liver and kidney cancer with the high counts..

High and long exposure to penecillium, aspergillus, cladasporium, chaetomium and a couple more. Aflatoxin levels very high.

I can't comment on the cholestrymine at all but you already know the answer on that. With respect to vitamin C, it will detoxify the mycotoxins but will have no effect on anything that might be growing inside your body. I do know that if you take something like powdered vitamin C and it gets into your stomach it will turn off the Histamine-1 receptors (it acts like an antacid) and this can put you at risk for microbe overgrowth in your stomach. So, if you can get the Vitamin C in the form of capsules or coated in a way to bypass your stomach you will be ahead of the game. You will have to take it by mouth if you can't take the IV. ALWAYS TAKE VITAMIN C BUFFERED WITH AT LEAST CALCIUM. Taking any other kind of vitamin c will pull calcium out of your bones!!!!!!!!!!!!
Can't take cholestrymine because it can cause brittle bones and I am 10.9% below fracture level in my spine now. Also, the only osteoporosis drug I can take is Evista and it says on the sheet DO NOT TAKE CHOLESTRYMINE with Evista....for some reason

The USDA said that the best way to improve bone health in women is to drink Pineapple Juice because it is high in Manganese. Manganese makes the mineral matrix of the bones stronger. (Make sure you understand that this is Manganese and NOT magnesium)

Here's the catch 22. They use the worst pineapple to make juice with. ALL JUICE IS MOLDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The USDA thinks that the manganese might be coming from the metal can anyway, so....it would probably be best to just take it as a trace mineral supplement. Sounds like you could use some bioavailable Calcium too, so if you can tolerate cooked broccoli then eat that. ALWAYS COOK BROCCOLI.

Can't do the Vit C IV's as I had a mastectomy and can not use that arm for BP, IVs, blood taking, etc. and the other arm now looks like I am a druggy as I have had so many blood tests and IVs. I had severe hyperthyroidism and was in the hospital with a thyroid storm. Was given the radioactive iodine pill.

I remember commenting a long time ago that your primary tissue damage might stem from your thyroid so I will continue to look into what might help that. If you are not restricted in taking foods with Iodine you may want to consider eating seaweed. Most seaweed contains about 70 trace elements with a lot of iodine. ALWAYS COOK SEAWEED never eat it uncooked. The immune system functions in ALL of the tissues of the body but the lymph system is where it settles down to get to business. It seems that you have had a major burden on your immune system that led to the mastectomy (cancer is eliminated daily from 'normal' bodies by immune response) and then the surgery led to truncation of lymph vessels so that they become dead-ends that cannot drain.

You may want to consider Lymph Massage (some hospitals are offering it now) to try to move whatever has backed up in your arm. There are also private practice Lymph Massage practitioners.

My health problems are too numerous to mention, my allergies to drugs are too numerous to count -- docs are disgusted as they can't give me anything. I am down to 2 antibiotics I can take - Ceclor and Levaquin. I have become allergic to all the others.

If this is any consolation:
YOU DO NOT HAVE MULTIPLE HEALTH PROBLEMS.
They all stem from the same source and 90% of what you are describing is the inability to handle chemicals:
MYCOTOXINS
DRUGS
ANTIBIOTICS

By the way

Antibiotics are MOLD TOXINS that are used to fight bacteria.

I have had mold remediation and do not have enough money to get out of my house as the remediation took everything I had in the bank and the equity loan and I am 70 years old and feel like 90. I am trying so hard to keep this place "dust free" as the remediators said mold spores love dust but just can't keep up. As far as help is concerned, there is none. Hubby is younger than me and still working 1 1/2 hour away (the only job he could find after his department was laid off) and only makes $17/hour. He has degenerative disc disease with a bulging disc pressing on a nerve and he can't use his left arm and forget family. Any family we have think we are crazy re: mold and dismiss us as lunatics. My immune system is shot and I pray we do not get sick and it has been a bad winter in the NE.

Sorry to hear about this spiral of misfortune. If there is any comfort in fellow misery, everyone I know has their lives falling apart. This is a National Disaster. ANYONE who puts you down and dismisses your condition should be avoided. Unfortunately, this includes the medical profession which is so far out of its depth in this regard that they (as evident in your situation) are powerless to do anything. The only crazy people are the ones who deny that this entire planet is falling apart. With Global warming we are going to get even WORSE TROPICAL diseases and mold migrating North.
Also, we get water intrusion in the basement which we have tried to fix but were unable to. We did call in a waterproofing company and they wanted to dig a drain around the inside of the basement and in front of the oil tank and put plastic into the drain leaving a small opening along the wall in case any water came through (and water does come in under the oil tank) and they wanted to put plastic from the wall, along the floor under the oil tank going into the drain in front of the oil tank. Well, if water got between the plastic and cement it would never dry out and that to me sounds like MOLD. Also, we get water in the chimney door from underground and they were going to plut in a drain under the door leaving that open to the basement. It was going to cost much more than we have and did not sound right anyway. We did have a crack in the foundation fixed but couldn't fix the chimney as it is a free standing chimney on hollow cinder blocks and the mason told the backhoe guy to stop as the chimney would fall so that went unfixed. We also do not have any footing on the house which was a surprise.

I dust my basement floor with BORAX. Fortunately you are old enough to remember 20 Mule Team Borax - it is still available in most grocery stores. This helps with the mold.

NEVER FORGET THAT THE TRAPS IN YOUR SINKS, BATHTUBS, AND FLOOR DRAINS ARE HAVENS FOR MOLD. I treat the inside of the house by pouring vinegar down the drains. GET RID OF ANY HOUSE PLANTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The soil is wonderful for Psuenomonas and a host of others.

I need a house all on one floor because the doc said I could break turning over in bed and now with hubby's problem -- he is going to see a neurosurgeon next. Hopefully the house is mold free now as the problem was wooden partitions in the basement which the remediators took out when they did there job but I just can't bring myself to trust any more even though all the after tests came back with no fungi detected.

Any suggestions as to how to detox, etc. would be appreciated.

You mentioned above that dust was a problem. Check with your doctor to see if it would be OK to try the Protein and green vegetable diet for a few days (meat is high in phosphorus that causes an imbalance of calcium in the bones). Dust allergy and carbohydrates seem to come hand-in-hand so if you can eliminate carbohydrates that might help. NEVER EAT SUGAR AGAIN.

Phase I is the process that uses things like Vitamin C.
This is good but if Phase II can't keep up the Phase I products can be just as bad if not worse than if they were untreated. Amino Acids are necessary to support Phase II detoxification. Oddly enough I found that I could tolerate Bragg's Liquid Aminos made from soybeans. It is NOT FERMENTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is key because ALL OTHER SOY SAUCES ARE MADE WITH FERMENTED WHEAT.

Yes, I said Wheat for a soy sauce.

The only last thing I can suggest is something that did not work for me.

You can have a bad therapy. There is no remedy for that.
You can have a good therapy.
You can have a good therapy given at the wrong time.
I don't know where this fits in that scheme but I read that the digestive enzyme Cellulase was the ONLY thing that could break down the cell walls of Yeast/Mold. I tried a product called Candex and it didn't work. I had ramped it up to really high doses and I felt worse than before I started. Take away from this story what you will, but it seemed reasonable because yeast/mold cell walls are indeed made out of cellulose so cellulase would be one way of fighting them.

I can't say if I killed off so many that they release too much toxins in my body or if it was just the wrong therapy. But you are right about the liver needing to be healthy to handle the load. I know you can't do any gallbladder purges so the only other thing you can do to help your liver is to give it the other thing that it needs to detox and that would be the Liquid Aminos. Garlic and L-Cysteine are good too.

Thanks much. By the way, I have chronic sinus problems - using saline spray and praying it doesn't get worse as I want to save the antibiotics I have left. As I take them for a while I suddenly get an allergic reaction so I never know when I take them if it is the last time I will be able to take them.

Try the Hylamist.

Old 05-05-2008, 01:46 PM   #5
(female)

sharewithme HB User

Hi Y'all! Super glad to see you back online. I've been out of the loop for some time now, much is happening.

Mold levels started to rise in my living space about 30 days ago, relative humdity got higher and higher once heat went off, finally got that under control as took time to find off gassed dehumidifier wasn't from moldy house. Plating -- levels in my space are a problem, last count 43 in kitchen!!!!!! Worse when AC is running so have that off for time being. Am working on how to deal with it as we speak so no time to respond like want to. Will though!

Quickly, yes I had chronic sinusitis for most of my life -- have reactive sinusitis to mold exposure, one of my danger signals. Yeast began over growing again, I realized mold symptoms (weird smelling sweat one of them), am spending litle time in apt. until figure out how to resolve, all in the know say GSE fogging is the answer. Looking for alternative not so toxic?

Fact is I live in the land of mold, is very high in environment, way too easy to grow indoors. Thankfully I feel better outside so long as not in boggy area or mold zone (where structure with high counts of toxic ones exists or once stood).

Personal life is good otherwise. Am super broke, work still a serious struggle. But I am holding my own pretty well. Healing from within is so imporatnt, cannot say enough to encourage all to understand and give their body what it needs to heal itself!

Agree body injured, for me result of high levels toxic chemical/mold exposure. I take Thymus everyday. Support thyroid function with supplements. Both Dr prescribed. Help alot. Will look at diet you suggested later tonight, have to run now. Quick question: you mention protein & greens but mention meat several times -- is it ok to eat meat on tis diet or should it be something else like fish?

Wishing you well being,

Last edited by sharewithme; 05-05-2008 at 01:53 PM. Reason: forgot to say something...

Old 05-15-2008, 04:06 PM   #6
(male)

moldman HB User

Howdy,

Any kind of meat based protein does the trick because it PUTRIFIES in the digestive system that is what gets rid of the bad guys.

If the putrifying matter is mixed with carbohydrates of any kind (even green peas are considered carbohydrates) then the whole process is wasted.

This is not a therapy for vegetarian/vegans.

Now, I have bad news for everybody.

This past summer they sprayed tens of thousands of acres with fungicide to protect the corn crop.

Genetically modified crops were used so much with the Roundup weedkiller that it upset the balance of Nature and bred a pathogenic mold. Now they have to spray for the mold...(what's next?)

here's the bad news:

I can smell the mold in the storm drains of large cities. (some mold spores can travel a couple hundred miles on a good wind). this means that it is no longer a localized man-created mistake. There is market saturation of advertisement for Roundup for weed control at your home so there is the possibility that even if it didn't spread by water or wind that it would be generated by overuse of the weed killer in a domestic situation.

There are days when I can't even walk out my front door.

Last edited by moldman; 05-15-2008 at 04:07 PM.

Old 06-18-2008, 04:01 PM   #7
(female)

sharewithme HB User

Greetings!

I had to move. Good news is that I have improved from mold exposure in the apt. and I have a house sitting situation for a year which will help my finances immensely. Bad news is that it is a home where chemicals were used and even though my MCS friends have done much to "clear" it out over the last year, it is still a daily challenge for me. Couple that with high mold counts in the environment and... well, life is a bit hard for me right now.

Sounds like I'm not alone.

Now that I have DSL at home again I will be better able to keep up with postings.

MM, is this diet like the GAPS diet for leaky gut? sounds like it -- no starchy vegetables, no grains -- only meat, nuts, fruit, approved vegetables, uhhh, I think that's it. I haven't heard about peas being prohibited on that diet though. Two MCS friends are couple months into it and one is having phenomenal success with it. Has me very interested, now you are mentioning something very much like it. hmmm. They said you must couple with soil based probiotics though to be completely effective. What do you think?

So sorry to hear about roundup induced mold explosion in your part of the world and especially it's affects on you. Has me concerned since so widely used, everybody thinks its safe, don't even consider it a poison! and what about eating corn products? you are from the midwest, right? land of corn, which is used for/in so many things....is worrisome indeed.

I'm off for brisk hike in national park lands, always feel better afterwards. It's the sweating while moving which has the most beneficial effects for me. Important note: this aids the lymph system to pump on its own I am told. And to think, one can do this without spending any money and simply by using what we already have, our ability to walk.

Wishing you serenity, each and every day...

Old 06-18-2008, 10:42 PM   #8
(male)

moldman HB User

Hi there - again.

Great to hear that you have access to National Parks. When I have been in higher altitudes the air seemed more friendly. If you intend to spend a LOT of time in the woods please ask the Park Rangers for schedules if they use miticides on the trees. If they use them they will be applied by airplane or helicopter and miticides are very nasty to humans. (sorry for the downer - but it is something that I excel in)

I'll have to look into the GAPS haven't heard of it. Soil based organisms smelled like sour dough bread to me and I used them for the entire program and they didn't do a single thing. I took Natren Bifidus and got results in one day.

Mother Earth Minerals has a digestive enzyme liquid that you might be interested in. No other formula comes close to it. I have tried just about every digestive enzyme there is (except for the animal pancreas extracts those things can be dangerous).

Yes, this is Corn Country and the other blessing that GMO crops has given is that of GMO pollen. I never had irritation from pollen until GMO crops were released.

Must be why they started a Space Station program. The smart ones are trying to get away from this craziness.

Hope things continue to look up for you.

Old 06-21-2008, 09:25 AM   #9
(female)

sharewithme HB User

MM:
Quickly, am on the fly. Need to know, the digestive enzyme you mentioned, I cannot find. Is that correct name/brand?
Please let me know asap.
Will write again soon.....
Thanks!

Old 06-21-2008, 04:49 PM   #10
(male)

moldman HB User

You can tell mold rotted my brain.

The brand is mother earth minerals, inc.

The product is called:
Essential Earth Enzymes.

<removed>

It comes in an 8 oz blue bottle.

Last edited by mod-anon; 06-21-2008 at 09:57 PM. Reason: do not discuss online purchasing

Old 06-22-2008, 08:52 PM   #11
(female)

sharewithme HB User

Greetings,

I have a great appreciation for all that is shared here. I have learned a great deal from others who suffer with EI -- things that help me when I need it most. It is a hard reality that many do not want to hear the message of the canary, Ďeh? Most especially with EI isues. Our plight can be especially difficult and lonely at times. Pearls of wisdom shared become strands which when joined together can become a rope of healing. Who knows how many it can help pull out of a hole?

Can't do the Vit C IV's...suggi
I use buffered (calcium) Vit. C tablets orally that are affordable and where no aspergillus ***** has been used in production. I can literally feel the difference in my body after I have been taking, stop and restart again.

Also, we get water intrusion in the basement which we have tried to fix but were unable to...suggi
My heart is with you & your husband, your road is an especially hard one. Iím sorry it hasnít worked for you to move. You are in my prayers.

Can't take cholestrymine because it can cause brittle bones...suggi
Iím sorry your options are so limited right now Ė thatís really tough. Do you know, is brittle bones because of your other med or is that possible with episodic use by anyone? I am seriously thinking of trying it. Is a big deal for me as I am not medication oriented but so many (including someone I know) have benefitted, it is tempting.

I am down to 2 antibiotics I can take - Ceclor and Levaquin. I have become allergic to all the others...suggi
That is a double edged sword as for many of us as excessive antibiotic use contributed to our present condition. I wonít take them now unless I am faced with such serious problems I literally will die or lose all my teeth or have organ failure (you get the picture). And even then the cure may be worse than the illness as they can make me deathly sick all by themselves. I still have anger about that one. All my life I had yeast problems with my sinuses and ears. They prescribed antibiotics. Now that was one vicious circle with permanent life long ill effects. What makes me really mad though is that now they know better and still donít test for yeast. Idiots.

You can tell mold rotted my brain....mm
Sigh, I know all too well what you mean. I often have to remind myself, it could be a lot worse.

Is there anything else I can do to detox....suggi
I too am looking for inexpensive ways to achieve this. Can anyone tell me about their experiences with coffee (or rosemary water) enemas for detoxifying?

I'll have to look into the GAPS haven't heard of it.....mm
The diet is detailed in the book "Gut and Psychology Syndrome" by Natasha Campbell-McBride MD. I am working towards doing it, have to overcome issues with seaweed (is not allowed as is a polysaccharide) in much needed thyroid support. The diet is supposed to help a lot with the bodyís ability to detox effectively which some say is the achilles heel for people with EI. I have always thought that solving my chronic problems with my intestines is a major key to significant healing for me. The diet is also supposed to radically diminish yeast overgrowth, maximize nutritional absorption as well as aid in restoring healthy immune system function! This is accomplished by helping the body to regenerate deep layers of healthy tissue with all the beneficial microbes intact in the intestinal walls.

your primary tissue damage might stem from your thyroid...mm
For me, the last 25 years itís been thyroid and for WAY too long, adrenals as well. I take seaweed based iodine as a supplement, it has helped so much, I can feel the difference if I stop taking it. Side note: most iodine supplements especially ones with potassium iodide were awful for me, cannot take them.

...that would be the Liquid Aminos. Garlic and L-Cysteine are good too....Amino Acids are necessary to support Phase II detoxification....mm
My Dr. wanted me to take a product high in amino acids and minerals but I was unable to do so because of an allergy to ingredients. Anything that is a whole food product or has flavorings have proven to be problematic for me so I am reluctant to take them now. I do eat meat and garlic with occassional use of braggs liquid aminos as it is high in salt. Anybody know of any other affordable ways to get extra aminos that is safe for me? Iíll have to check on L-Cysteine supplement with DR as my kidneys were affected last year and still show weakness.

The product is called: Essential Earth Enzymes...mm.
Thank you for this information, I found them. Also for type and brand of probiotics. I will explore Hylamist also. I already do daily sinus irrigation with salt water, that does help. Also it is amazing how quickly my sinuses, yeast overgrowth and skin improved when I left apt. Get this, if I handle uncleaned objects from there, my skin immediately begins to itch and I get a rash. Thank goodness for GSE, it has saved me from losing many things....

...please ask the Park Rangers for schedules if they use miticides on the trees....mm
Thanks for that heads up, have never heard of that one being used here. Known fact, here in the CRNRA, spring 2008 an intensive use of herbicides was out sourced & completed in a five year cycle program to control non-indigenous plants. Also the rangers spray with roundup regularly around the buildings and picnic areas for poison ivy control. Unlike most of my sensitivities/allergies, I have a delayed reaction to pesticides so it is quite important that I know what is going on. I am reminded also that when I have an instinctive reluctance to go into a particular area, I need to trust it!

Great to hear that you have access to National Parks. When I have been in higher altitudes the air seemed more friendly...mm.
I also feel my best when I am higher up, fortunately I have just enough of that available to me here so that I am still able to hike in mold season. Thanks be. I find great solace and inspiration in connecting with nature. It has lifted my spirit and helped to nurture me as I reconnect with who I really am in the world.

Hope things continue to look up for you...mm
I appreciate you saying that, means a lot. The love & support of my friends, new and old, have helped immensely.

Something significant happened to me along the way. At one point when I was really sick, I asked myself - what if this were my last day? Would I spend it worrying about all that I do not have or need, always yearning for that which has been lost to me? Would I spend it hurt & angry with all those who did not believe or understand me? Would I continue to cry alone and miserable, consumed with the pain, the symptoms, my ill health, not liking who I had become? Would I stay stuck in fear of all the ways the world could harm me now? Or would I have the courage to find a way to heal all that I can, to somehow reclaim myself, create life anew, be whole again?

I decided that so long as there is breathe in me I would go back to that which I love with all my heart and soul. I am no longer willing for my life to be all about my illness, even on bad days. Instead I am just me again. This empowered me to experience joy, to share love, to create. I am once again alive in a vibrant way. It has been very healing in every respect.

Can I still take hits and get sick? Sadly yes. Has it cured anything? Kind of. My energy is more balanced in some very significant ways. Many have observed it. As hard as it can be to do at times, no matter that I often have to push myself , I have persevered and it is amazing how much the simplest things help me. I realized to the core of me yesterday that I am doing incredibly well for being where I am this time of year. When I think of what life could be like for me now....I am very thankful indeed.

There are days when I can't even walk out my front door...mm
Our reality. And boy oh boy, can dealing with it be a serious time sponge. I am having a lot of trouble dealing with the losses created by these consequences. I concluded that I must keep life fairly simple as I am not able to multi task or time manage as I once did. I think a key to being at peace with this is acceptance (not resignation), is it not? I've done a lot of grief and anger work around this and all the losses, still do when needed. Sigh, I worry about how it has and will continue to affect my life, especially in business.

I read that the digestive enzyme Cellulase was the ONLY thing that could break down the cell walls of Yeast/Mold....I can't say if I killed off so many that they release too much toxins in my body or if it was just the wrong therapy....mm
Initially, when I became anaphylaxic, my Dr did an all out assault on yeast. After 4.5 months of medication, he put me on very high doses of probiotics, staggered with such antifungals as oil of oregano, gse, etc. I got so sick it was pitiful. It contributed greatly to the out of control spiral which led to my becoming homeless for a period of time. Only later did I realize it was something called the Herxheimer Effect, where yeast cells are dying, usually in large numbers, and is an indicator of the system's toxic overload. More poisons are being released than the body can adequately cope with at one time. I understand that this is particularly likely outcome for those of us with damaged intestinal linings where the deep layers of good flora no longer exist.

The end. Iím all caught up now. And open to suggestions, humor, insights, updates...

Wishing you kindness from those you encounter today,

Last edited by sharewithme; 06-22-2008 at 09:01 PM. Reason: trying to get responses easy to distinguish with colors and am inexpereinced and a bit foggy....

Old 06-22-2008, 10:08 PM   #12
(male)

moldman HB User

The only probiotics that actually started working was Natren. I read an EI site that said that when you take more than one probiotic at a time they compete with each other and are useless. So I started taking just their Bifidus. The company says that their data shows that 3 is the maximum so that is the top amount they put in their other products. They come in dairy free and veggie cap formulations.

I have tried just about everyone elses probiotics to this point and I think this is why we are so broke all the time. Either the products are bad or they are the right therapy at the wrong time.

Which brings me to your mention of the Herxheimer effect. I have posted before that this is a deception.

Herxheimer treated patients for VD with mercury. They got sick before they got better because they were suffering with mercury poisoning before the syphilis went away.

My point being that if anyone was a true healer then they would give something to get rid of the offending agent, and something to clean up the mess at the same time so that you did not suffer ill effects.

If you meet such a person let me know....

Your 'instincts' to not enter an area is that most chemicals have no smell they put things in there to make them stinky. So, if there are chemicals that your brain knows is there but your nose doesn't it is telling you to stay out.

Good advice.

Be very careful with your kidneys. It is well known that the first pass of detox can make chemicals even more toxic than the original so they need to be converted ASAP by the second pass. The first system uses antioxidants, etc. and the second uses the Amino Acids, so Braggs is just fine except for that pesky sodium. The Japanese make pharmaceutical grade AAs but they are all grown in fermenters. If I find another way to get them I'll pass it on.

There is no end to my fascination with you having skin problems with contact with spores. Tell me again when you first noticed it an how it happens (i.e. redness, swelling? itching, etc)

Old 06-24-2008, 09:03 PM   #13
(female)

sharewithme HB User

Good Evening:

You asked about my hands.

As a young woman I was diagnosed with contact dermatitis on my hands to soaps/detergents. They would swell with a fluid filled rash and itch so badly... finally in desperation I used the steroid ointment the DR gave me until I noticed that my skin felt kind of dead in certain spots and was VERY easy to injure there. The skin was thinning in those spots, a common side effect with long term or repeated steroid use. So I wore gloves to do everything after that. This helped but did not prevent the eventual chronic condition which came to be the norm for me.

Then my nails became affected. Had weird ridges in them that went from side to side, causing them to look ďwarpedĒ. My nail beds were very white. Oddly enough my nails were always strong, would grow long in no time at all, had no discoloration. Until the last few years when the warping occurred other women often wished their nails were like mine.

The skin on my hands were another matter, often a source of great embarrassment for me. All around my nails, on my knuckles and on the sides of certain fingers it was always red and swollen. They looked very dry, the skin would often peel in a weird way. And they would crack easily. One tea tree hand lotion helped a bit but none solved the problems.

My hands, they bothered me a lot, often felt irritated and itchy. When they were really bad? the skin hurt, burned, was noticeably swollen, felt very tight. The itching and cracking could be severe enough to prevent sleep.

After I left my house, the rashes and eczema disappeared. Over time even my nail beds got mostly pink again and the ridges went away - my hands looked ok! One Dr told me I had systemic yeast and said this was a result of that. Strangely I would have bouts of yeast overgrowth again and my hands would remain fine.

Now we come to this spring in the apt., mold levels rose outside, symptoms developed and I had to start treating with GSE all the time. While it was active in the air, I felt good but after a couple weeks the benefits lessened. I noticed that my hands were itching more and more and that my nail beds looked very pale again.

Then a shift occurred, symptoms grew very quickly, culminating in several which said high mold! At the same time my hands were always broken out and itching. My nails were starting to grow weird again. In short order I developed eczema. It goes down the outside of both index fingers and down the inside of both thumbs, as well as on all my knuckles, common places for me. Also my face frequently itches, I remember that this used to happen to me. Then I realize one day after I have pushed my hair back, that my face itches where my hand touched it.

That night, no sooner had I lain in bed than I am about to claw myself to pieces! I am itching so badly, all over my body I have red itchy places, almost welts! I got up and washed all bedding, the walls, ceiling, floors, every surface I could reach with GSE solution, very strong this time. The next day, intense spraying was done within the confines of the apt. It made a HUGE difference, I felt better but it was only a band aid for a short time.

My hands look terrible. They are red with dry, flaking skin. There is a rash in areas already mentioned plus addtl. spots here and there. They itch all the time. So does my scalp. I also have intermittent places all over me itching, itching....

The de-humidifier is full of mold now all the time. I got a rash on my face first time I opened the tank, after that added gse, strong.

Iím really getting scared now. Itís like someone is playing back everything that happened to me before in my life only all speeded up this time. If there had been any doubt about my diagnosis or how it all happened to me, itís gone now. I realize that initially at the apt. I was only sensitive to this mold, now I am becoming allergic with prolonged exposure. And hereís the really scary part Ė most of it is a common environmental mold.

I kinda freak out, Iím not really sick yet but the clock is ticking, loudly. I cannot find safe housing, again. Desperate I tell everyone I know/see, I need a safe place to live. All who are in the know about mold are afraid for me. An old friend says she could tell as soon as she saw me Ė by my hands!!!!!!

Iím doing massive spraying every 2 or 3 days, using candles all the time, trying to maintain some safety. My hands are looking bad, the eczema is obvious now to anyone. within a couple days of spraying, as soon as I touch anything, my skin itches. I clean, clean, clean all the time with GSE and only sleep there. The asthma is back. I have no where else to go. I am desperately looking for housing again. Where there is no mold, there is always chemicals, so many chemicals... I know once the rain and intense heat come together, the mold will get much, much worse. I am very afraid. I canít last much longer, shouldnít really be there at all. All who know me encourage me to use all possible means to stay safe and to consider moving. My MCS group is very worried for me.

My last night at the apt. I awoke after a very fitful night with swelling in one side of my face, my skin on fire, welts in various places all over my body.

The house sitting position comes available just in the nick of time. My first night there my sinuses opened and I could smell again. I slept soundly for the first time in 8 weeks. My hands stopped itching all the time and by the end of 7 days the redness has decreased by 50%!!!!

I throw away a lot of things. In the rush and confusion of trying to get out I bag up 4 items to clean later. Another 7 days passes. I forgot that two of the items had not been cleaned yet, my mind on something else I remove them from the bag and within minutes my hands begin itching like crazy! The points of contact turn red and swell.

Itís been 4 weeks now that I have lived here and my hands are almost completely well. No meds or lotions, just no mold spores.

I think I am ok with items cleaned. This is not toxic mold so mycotoxins are not so much the issue as just plain allergy. I am careful though. I had so few items and I cleaned so much during and after....I pray it is not affecting me. I am sure Zi have not contaminated this place, was very careful not to.

Almost all the mold symptoms are gone now. Am dealing with ones associated with chemicals here and every so often I take a hit elsewhere from mold people or get too close to boggy places down by the riverside.....

Does thsi tell you more than you ever wanted to know?

In peace,

Old 06-24-2008, 10:27 PM   #14
(male)

moldman HB User

Hi Share,

Thanks for the low down.

I have been looking into what is called the Wheal and Flare response that is the sure sign of IgE mediated allergy.

You definitely have that.

Vitamin C will interfere with the Histamine that is spawned off of that but I think something else in the chain needs to be damped besides Histamine.

I found that getting rid of heavy metal toxins gets rid of those horizontal ridges in nails. It would be interesting to evaluate your living areas for metal contaminants (treated lumber, eating lots of potatoes, oranges/citrus, etc.) instead of just focusing on mold which we know is a problem but there might be something behind the mold.

I'll keep you posted if I find anything useful

Old 07-04-2008, 12:45 PM   #15
(female)

sharewithme HB User

Greetings MM:

I don't eat potatoes at all anymore, am VERY allergic to mold that grows on them, instant hives, etc. Throughout my life I have never consumed them regularly or in any great quantity.

I eat an orange app. once every 2 - 3 weeks. No juices at all. I use lime occassionally -- one in a salad dressing or as a marinade for meat, that kind of thing. Other than that no citrus.

I lived in a house for years where we built a deck with treated lumber. It was quite a large deck and I found I did not enjoy it as much as I thought I would. That house was very moldy, it had one of the worst ones I am allergic to. I call it the death house. I was so swollen and sick all the time there, was really pitiful. That's also where zi got serious prolonged exposures to paint, solvents, building materials, etc. My former husband would not stop using them in our basement (directly under my bed) made me really sick. Heavily added to our demise. Sadly he also was and still is quite sick and does not even want to face MCS, etc. He is proof positive what denial will get you with EI.

Now I am not around any of those things at all, this house is 30 years old, nothing recent or I could not live here. You see, I am reactive even to the new "safe" paints, etc.

I do have silver fillings though. Even had 2 dentists use it even with me saying no silver! They'd hit me with novacaine and I would be so affected, they could do as they pleased. Unfortunately this is not an uncommon thing in the world when a person is alone, sick and/or financially bereft. After all, what recourse do you have?

Personally I would have all this crap removed by mercury removal specialist if I could afford it. My circumstances are so serious I am in true need of dentistry for an old bridge and crown and do not have the money to address these yet -- and they hurt! I'm working on it...

I have a new friend who is a dentist, she does mercury removal correctly (she has mcs) and after talking with her *& others in my EI group I realize that I must not be laden with heavy metals or I would have crashed big time when the last dentist put in a silver filling late last year. And I don't want to end up there. So thanks for pointing that out.

At this time, I have only just enough money to do what I can at home in detox, etc and even that is very limited. You see, I am still without regular employment.

I was taking 6000 mg daily of buffered Vit. C and tolerating it well. Had to diminish the dosage as a supplement for thyroid caused severe diarrhea (turns out I am allergic to holy basil after all). I am working dosage back up as Vit. C helps me immensely.

I have been doing research, found 2 sites which list skin rashes, infections and eczema as known symptoms for quite a few different toxic molds -- not an uncommon symptom actually. Not to mention what candida overgrowth can do to you although that rash is one I recognize and this was a different animal.

Wheel and Flare, sounds familiar. IgE, they measure that in the delayed mold test, right?

Thanks for your help. I appreciate it.

Wishing you serenity and joy this holiday weekend,

Closed Thread