It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Environmental Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-18-2008, 06:38 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

suggi HB User
Help!!

I now have a rash on both arms and I don't know if it is from the enterobacter bacteria in the house (see previous listed post) or from cleaning. I am not using anything different to clean so I don't know what is going on. Could the bacteria get into a rashy area as I have no idea where it has spread to? Being the dehumidifier on the 1st floor level is spreading it all over but I have to use it to keep the humidity down in the house and I still do not know the source I am scared to death. We are taking out the carpet in the 1st floor but I know that will not solve everything as I am scared it is everywhere by now and I have no more testing money. It cost $90 to have a swab sample cultured by the lab for bacteria.

I think the mold spores are pretty well cleaned up and hubby was fogging with non toxic concrobium to ensure this. Is there any non toxic disinfectant that could be fogged for the bacteria? I purchased Benefect which smells strongly of thyme and is made from tymol which I later found out phenol is made from and I purchased puregreen24 whIch I found out leaves a sticky residue (made from citrus oil) if you get too much on here and there and that would probably attract more dirt/mold, whatever.

Please, any thoughts would be appreciated. I am desperate - can't move, no money.

Old 12-22-2008, 07:12 AM   #2
(female)

sharewithme HB User
Re: Help!!

Suggi:
Have you tried GSE? In the right quantities it kills bacteria and mold. According to a DR friend of mine with MCS the ratio of over the counter brand of GSE is 4 drops per ounce of water for general cleaning to kill everything you can think of -- hospitals use it. I used it to clean my dehumidifier and it worked really well. I also fogged with it and was successfull as it kills the mold and bacteria. I have also saved clothing exposed to mold (but not badly infected) very successfully. For what its worth, it is less harsh on my system than benefact.
Be sure and air out afterwards. And I'd advise you not be there during any fogging, why risk too many exposures to anything you don't have to?
Hope this helps....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread