It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Environmental Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2008, 05:29 AM   #1
(female)

slynnf HB User
Neighbors wood burning stove

My neighbors wood burning stove is vented out of his chimney which is 5 feet from my bedroom window, at the same level. I have two floors, he has one. There is two things exiting out of the same chimney. When he burns wood I can smell it in my house and I get a very bad cough like asthma attacks, and much congestion and stuffy sinuses. I have many allergies, environmental as well as medications.

We live in a hollow and quite a few people on the street have wood burning stoves. When they are all fired up at the same time it is horrible. I know I can not do anything about the whole street, but is there at least something I can do about the smoke by my bedroom window?

Lynn

Old 11-28-2008, 08:27 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

gardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB User
Re: Neighbors wood burning stove

I suggest you buy a good air purifer for your bedroom. Its about all you can do..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-28-2008, 08:39 AM   #3
Veteran
(male)

esker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB User
Re: Neighbors wood burning stove

This might be a long shot, but you could visit the building inspector's office at your town hall to find out if there's a permit for the wood stove and if it has been installed correctly.

Also consider applying a window plastic kit. That will make your window(s) more airtight and make your house warmer to save money on heating. This can cost as little as three dollars per window.

Closed Thread