It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Environmental Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2010, 11:01 AM   #16
(female)

jfitzmaier HB User
Re: Does anyone who has sensitivity to mold spores have teeth that hurt?

tiredsoul;

hi. totally understand. can't get rid of mold spores. thats my understanding. i recently was diagnosed with mold sickness. i moved into a new place a year ago and thought i was just getting colds.. am disabled for 19 yrs. with lyme. and fibromyalgia etc. can't always tell the difference of symptoms so was not initially alerted. my dr kept telling me i was menopausal because I was breaking out in profuse sweats even if I just ate something. guess it was my body trying to tell me i was sick. anyway. new doc diagnosed me so i moved into a different room.. not helping. i am so sick and now have developed other issues ie. colitis etc. and am getting scared. i believe i have to move but my income is nil.. and its so hard just to function day to day. if u find someone with info please let me know.. ty Joanne

Last edited by mod-anon; 01-11-2010 at 07:14 PM. Reason: removed quote

Old 01-11-2010, 11:05 AM   #17
(female)

jfitzmaier HB User

yes...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-11-2010, 11:08 AM   #18
(female)

jfitzmaier HB User
Re: Toxic Mold Questions, Anyone able to help with my questions? Thank you

hi need a friend who understands..just was diagnosed after being sick and getting sicker.. what to do? u have any info? ty Joanne

Old 01-11-2010, 05:25 PM   #19
(female)

tiredsoul HB User

jfitzmaier;

Hi Joanne,
I finally found someone who knows about mold and how to deal with the illness and spores. The spores emit mycotoxins and the mycotoxins are what make us sick. His name is Dr. William Croft in Wisconsin. I have never found anyone like him who knows so much about the illness and the mold, and understands how to decontaminate. I had several years of mold poisoning and have been very sick and he has helped me so much.

<edited>

Rose

Last edited by mod-anon; 01-11-2010 at 07:15 PM. Reason: Please read the posting rules

Old 02-10-2010, 06:44 PM   #20
(female)

peggster HB User
Re: Toxic Mold Questions, Anyone able to help with my questions? Thank you

Thank you for sharing. I lived in FL all my life til 3 yrs ago & have since learned I have suffered for years from mold illness. I'm considering hiring a mold inspector/remediator to see if I can rid of the dead spores from my home. We had a minor leak around our fireplace & had our roof replaced & all questionable wood removed...I still react & am concerned the dead spores are imbedded in the wood ceiling & wall of my home (where the leak had ran). My indecisiveness is whether to put more $ into my home (have already sealed the crawlspace & put a new roof on, new AC/heat & ductwork) or just move. So many say you have to leave all belongings behind. When you determined your house was beyond remediating, how did you move & were you able to save anything? I've read about people shaving their heads, removing clothes, etc. before stepping foot into a new home! Are you healthier/less symptomatic since moving? How do you know you haven't contaminated your new house with belongings you may have taken? How did you determine what you could take (if anything) & how did you decontaminate it? I have so much to learn & would love to hear a success story. I appreciate your input. Blessings.

Old 07-06-2010, 01:21 PM   #21
(male)

Jackbeanstalk HB UserJackbeanstalk HB UserJackbeanstalk HB UserJackbeanstalk HB User

Hi, My girlfriend, her 25 year old disabled son, and myself shared a condo for a few years that was inspected and 4 strains of mold were found (swab tests). We had the classic symptoms, face and lip numbness, teeth hurt, balance, memory loss, fatigue, insomnia or sleeping too much, racing heart, lung problems, etc. We moved out of there 8 months ago and are still trying to recover. The son had to have all his teeth extracted in Feb. of this year, to date, I have had 8 extractions with more to follow. The x-rays of my teeth showed decay at the base of all my bottom teeth and most of the top ones. The son had the same thing. My dentist refuses to think mold did this, yet he admits having had NO experience with mold and teeth(?) We had to get an attorney because the former landlord took his time about taking us seriously on the mold, even came and "inspected" the place himself. He told us he found nothing. A licensed Mold Inspector took photos of 3-4 kinds of mold in the space where the landlord had "found nothing" and had numbness and a severe headache after taking the photos. We are having a bad time of all this, but what hurts is the reluctance of these medical pros to believe mold did anything to us. What do you do? Jackbeanstalk

Old 08-04-2010, 08:48 PM   #22
(male)

msavoy HB User

hi tiredsole,
YES, I have the exact same problem with my teeth. You tell people that and they think you're crazy...but that is the first thing I notice when I encounter mold. I was living in a house that was contaminated with mold for 2 years. I had no idea what was making me sick with all these weird symptoms during the time I was living there. I had never been to the doctor so many times in my life. At the end of it I was beginning to wonder if I was imagining all these weird symptoms.

Anyway it finally dawned on me one day to get a mold test done after some research on the internet and sure enough there was penicillium mold in my apartment. I moved out immediately and in with friends until I could find a new apartment. Unfortunatley I had to return to the apartment to pack up all my stuff. When I returned to the apartment to pack up my stuff one of the first symptoms that came back usually within minutes was my teeth would get sore.

Anyway now I'm in my new place and I brought everything with me thinking it wouldn't be a problem. Now I'm finding myself getting sore teeth again and all the symptoms that I had at my old apartment. I had read on the internet not to bring any of your old furniture and mattress and stuff like that but I thought that I would try it anyway. I think it was a big mistake. I swear I'm at my wits end...this has been the most horrible experience I've ever been through in my life...I wouldn't wish it upon my worst enemy. Not only that but you feel like you're going through it alone because you have no one that understands you. They all look at you like "mold..haha, sure." Anyway...I did some research and apparently chlorine dioxide is suppose to kill mold spores....so I've ordered the stuff to make this with and am hoping to god it will kill anything I may have brought to my new apartment with me.
Thanks for your post.

Old 02-04-2011, 10:06 AM   #23
(female)

staceynj HB User

Im so sorry about your husband that is awful
.Ive been sick for months and they cant figure out whats wriong.Ct scans,xrays of sinuses ect are all ok. Started with teeth pain and jaw pain(switches sides)and pressure very sensitive teeth...constant headache then a few weeks ago came the dizziness and disorientation.Im always exhausted..Nose always feels full and pressure.Did the antibiotics and steroids,nose spray route nothing helps.
Last summer we found out that my refrigerator ice cube maker was leaking and leaked under the carpet...carpet was soaked when we moved the table that was hiding it black sticky mold was coming right through the carpet.
Can this be whats making me sick? When my bf comes to visit he gets a stuffy nose immediately and my daughter has suffered from migraines for months. We are moving in 3 weeks thank god...but still need to know IF its mold sickness and what to do and how to get the Drs to believe me?
Thank you!
Stacey

Old 05-19-2011, 06:30 PM   #24
(male)

koochekoo HB User

Hello
man my teeth hurt like hell! doctors suck, they don't know ****! I was living with mold for months - i was heaped upon with antibiotics and now - it's not good! mold plus antibiotics equals candida. now the dogs and the cats have irregular bowel movements (too) - everything is soft and malabsorbed. Dietary changes don't seem to do anything... i'm downing oregano and clove as well as lactobacillus daily - what will get this CRUD OUT?

but i'm not too sure about this.. anybody ever tried MODIFILAN (brown seaweed Laminaria Japonica???)

screw it - i'm ordering it...can't hurt!

one other question to you all - does anybody know a good mold doc in Los Angeles???

i am so sad reading all of these stories - they are all exactly my experience. can't sleep knowing something is growing IN you and in your WALLS! ZERO security and sense of peace of mind. everyone laughs and rolls there eyes like you are talking about a phantom... it's scary and lonesome as can be!

thanks ever so much in advance and peace!

sincerely,
Miles

Last edited by moderator2; 05-19-2011 at 08:10 PM. Reason: please do not post a commercial website

Old 05-29-2011, 09:58 AM   #25
(female)

sumfunguy HB User

I was exposed about 5 years ago and symptoms began a year and a half ago. I have had many many symptoms, some came and went while other have remained. One of the very first things that happened was , out of no where, my teeth became really sensitive and I had to switch toothpastes and started using sensidyne. They were achy and hurt with both cold and hot air or liquids, foods etc. Since then I have had two teeth abcess, chronic swollen throat/tonsils, and burning mouth and ears. My remaining teeth are gradually breaking and decaying, and I almost quit going to the dentist all together after having to hear the constant lecturing about taking better care of my teeth...My youngest son is 8 and he has horrible teeth, the dentist says his dentin is very soft which allows his teeth to decay mush faster than they would otherwise. She seems to think its from a med. he had taken when he was younger. But I disagree as he was never on many meds. and none for a significant period of time. I believe the mold we were exposed to in our home for 5 years, the time he was 2-7 years old, is the culprit. In fact I am certain. I could add much more here as far as symptoms go, but since the topic is teeth I guess I'll leave it at that.

Old 05-29-2011, 02:48 PM   #26
(male)

Jackbeanstalk HB UserJackbeanstalk HB UserJackbeanstalk HB UserJackbeanstalk HB User

Smfun, may I please ask you what type of mold did this to your teeth, do you know? Did you have an Inspection to find out what strains were present? The guy that did our condo was also a friend, so his report was valid: Penicillium, Aspergillus, and Trichoderma strains that were proven toxic came back on our report. We hired a Lawyer to help us with our case against the lying landlord (who said that all was well after he inspected it) 18-19 months ago. He did nothing on our case so we fired him, went to get our desperately-needed $2,500.00 retainer fee he charged, and the man had left town. State Bar Investigators are after him and we were told a fund to help people ripped off by lawyers would help pay our retainer back to us, might take a year, but the mold we inhaled has just stayed in us while we got no treatment or anything, getting worse while this lawyer played golf. I have 4 teeth left on the bottom, my step-son, 30, had ALL of his removed last Feb.

Last edited by Jackbeanstalk; 05-29-2011 at 02:50 PM.

Old 06-03-2011, 08:53 AM   #27
(female)

loriward177 HB User

Rose,
You list a doctor in WI that was helping you. I can't find him through googling. Can I get his contact information and location, please?
Thanks,
lori

Old 08-21-2011, 03:14 PM   #28
(male)

excaliber HB User

Omg Ive been reading all the posts in relation to mold.. everything sounds alot like my case.
I moved into an appartment two years agoe.After about six months things started to go south.First my head started hurting.Stuffed up nose and problems breathing..but i smoke and thought it was from that.
Then all of my top teeth started hurting like hell,thought i had a abcessed tooth.Then i began looking around,i found white mold and black mold,but this was only three months agoe.I went to building center and puchased a spray that claimed to kill mold and seal it up.
About a month agoe i was brushing my teeth and a tooth busted off right at the gum line.All of my teeth are rotting.
I believe i have mold growing in my lungs as some time when i caugh i can see mold spore flying from my mouth.Also im caughing up phleme all the time and can see white mold spore in it.
I have left my appartment,i took all my clothing to a public laundry,i vacumed my pick up truck out.All this to no availe.It follows me where ever i go ,its like something from hell..oh yes you can run but you can not hide.
I even went to extremes and threw all my clothing away,went to walmart bought new clothing,tied the bag ,went to a motel room,shower put the new clothing on,trashed my current clothing.Sprayed the entire interior of my truck with mold killer...but guess what it follows me where ever i go.And where ever i go the entire building becomes contaminated in a matter of a couple days.Im a truck driver and ill earn 30,000 net over the next 3 months.Im going to the Mayo Clinic in the States,mabye they can help.

Old 10-08-2011, 07:56 AM   #29
(female)

zerobirdtoes HB User

I don't know if you found this information yet, but here it is: Dr. William Croft's phone number is (608) 274-1618. His address is 521 Hilltop Dr., Madison, WI 53711.

I hope this helps.

Old 10-08-2011, 08:20 AM   #30
(male)

Hey Sumfunguy, I re-read your post about your's and your son's teeth going bad from mold. The same thing has happened to me and my step-son, who had to have all his teeth removed last Feb.,at age 27. I have lost all my lower teeth a nd have 8 left on top and they're not good. Do you know what kind of mold you had? Jackbeanstalk

Closed Thread