It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....



Environmental Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2009, 10:45 PM   #1
Newbie
(female)
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1
lnsane HB User
Carbon Monoxide Poisoning - Help!

We moved to our current townhouse about a month ago, and the backdoor opens to a large parking lot shared with all the other residents. Recently we've been hearing a strange beeping noise coming from the backdoor, and when my mom went to check it out she found a carbon monoxide detection alarm, and the alarm reads 97ppm. I decided to do some research on it and found that "OSHA limits long-term workplace exposure levels to 50 ppm", which concerns me since our alarm detects a much higher amount of CO in our home, and my mom and I are home almost all the time, on the first floor too. Also, the back only opens to the parking lot, there are only windows in the front and there's no other way to circulate the air. It's been beeping for days now, and I read that when you hear it beep you should immediately leave the house and get help.

I'd really like to know about how much exposure to CO and how long it would be before it becomes lethal. My mom and I have been experiencing headaches recently and I know this is a symptom of CO poisoning, I wonder if the poison works that fast or it's just my imagination. We're moving as soon as possible, whether they were aware of the dangers of CO poisoning or not, it was still poorly designed since the whole first floor only has two windows in the front of the house. I hope I was clear enough about the situation and I hope to find an answer soon, thanks in advance.

Edit: I also wanted to add that since moving here my mom had a retina
desconnection, though the retina specialist did say this is usually because of aging, I also found eyesight worsening a sympton of CO poisoning as well, just wondering if it's related.

 
Sponsors Lightbulb
   
Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
how long can carbon monoxide stay in your system chelbell123 Environmental Disorders 0 10-25-2009 07:55 PM
Carbon monoxide poisoning? alwayshotroddin General Health 6 01-01-2007 06:19 AM
anyone ever been diagnosed with carbon monoxide poisoning hyper79 General Health 4 11-17-2005 07:47 PM
carbon monoxide fiddlestick5 Environmental Disorders 13 03-16-2005 10:24 AM
carbon monoxide poisoning bluesky1 Fibromyalgia 1 02-03-2005 05:39 PM




Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Join Our Newsletter

Stay healthy through tips curated by our health experts.

Whoops,

There was a problem adding your email Try again

Thank You

Your email has been added








TOP THANKED CONTRIBUTORS



aswander (1), esker (1), Audrey-B (1), sharewithme (1), hawk1 (1)

Site Wide Totals

teteri66 (1180), MSJayhawk (1013), Apollo123 (909), Titchou (856), janewhite1 (823), Gabriel (763), ladybud (755), midwest1 (671), sammy64 (668), BlueSkies14 (607)



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:15 PM.



Site owned and operated by HealthBoards.comô
Terms of Use © 1998-2014 HealthBoards.comô All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!