| | Re: Toxins In Your Home
It's incredible how many toxins live inside the products we're used to using on a daily basis! I'm just as concerned about this as you are. My biggest fear is that one of those products will end up in my child's mouth. Either way, spraying those cleaning products in your home end up in the air that you breathe. They're extremely toxic and my suggestion would be to make your own cleaning products like the user above me posted (vinegar is great) or to find all-natural, chemical-free products - be careful because products like "Simple Green" are still toxic.
I make sure to use all natural, safe cleaning supplies and I use a steam mop as a natural way of cleaning my floors. And to make sure toxins, germs, bacterias, and fungus are prevented from coming into my home from the outside, I use a Dr. Doormat. This has been one of my favorite products - with just two swipes of your feet, the toxins and germs that are on the bottom of your shoes are penetrated by the antimicrobial treated mat and rendered harmless. The mat itself is completely nontoxic meaning it will not harm your pets or children even if they're sitting/laying on the mat and it is also 100% eco-friendly. If you're worried about your grandchildren's safety I would definitely recommend this product! <edited>
Last edited by mod-anon; 06-30-2010 at 11:43 PM.
Reason: Please read the posting rules