It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Environmental Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2009, 06:55 PM   #1
(female)

grandmaof2 HB User
Post Toxins In Your Home

Hi I never really thought how many toxins are actually in your home until I had grandchildren. Every label I read has a skull with a cross over it, or it says hazardous to your health from windex, to clorox wipes basically everything you clean and do laundry with. Does anyone have any suggestions for a healthier home? Maybe I'm just a little worried what the new babies are breathing in.

The following user gives a hug of support to grandmaof2:
livebetterteam (01-29-2012)
Old 11-10-2009, 09:18 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

BeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB User
Re: Toxins In Your Home

i try to use more natural solutions to clean with.

Baking soda is a good one to whiten and clean naturally.
Good for whiter laundry clothes too.
Vinegar and water make a good glass cleaner.

Hope this helps , they both clean very well

BeHappy2

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-30-2010, 06:35 PM   #3
(female)

ecofriendlyem HB User
Exclamation Re: Toxins In Your Home

It's incredible how many toxins live inside the products we're used to using on a daily basis! I'm just as concerned about this as you are. My biggest fear is that one of those products will end up in my child's mouth. Either way, spraying those cleaning products in your home end up in the air that you breathe. They're extremely toxic and my suggestion would be to make your own cleaning products like the user above me posted (vinegar is great) or to find all-natural, chemical-free products - be careful because products like "Simple Green" are still toxic.

I make sure to use all natural, safe cleaning supplies and I use a steam mop as a natural way of cleaning my floors. And to make sure toxins, germs, bacterias, and fungus are prevented from coming into my home from the outside, I use a Dr. Doormat. This has been one of my favorite products - with just two swipes of your feet, the toxins and germs that are on the bottom of your shoes are penetrated by the antimicrobial treated mat and rendered harmless. The mat itself is completely nontoxic meaning it will not harm your pets or children even if they're sitting/laying on the mat and it is also 100% eco-friendly. If you're worried about your grandchildren's safety I would definitely recommend this product! <edited>

Last edited by mod-anon; 06-30-2010 at 10:43 PM. Reason: Please read the posting rules

Closed Thread