It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Environmental Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-21-2011, 11:55 AM   #1
(male)

Tritiumium HB User
Diesel fumes

Hello Everyone New on this board but i just had a quick question for anyone with the knowledge.

So i work at an airport refueling planes, and the job entails driving a truck around that is diesel powered. When i get out to fuel a plane i am constantly bombarded with the smell of burnt diesel fumes. In addition I'm sometimes exposed to the vapors of the AVGAS 100LL fuel vapors when I'm putting it into the aircraft's. How bad is this for my health and what are the chances of getting lung cancer because of working conditions like this? I work at the airport 4 days a week and am probably expose to the fumes for a total of 3 hours per day cumulative.

I am a big health nut and this has been weighing on me very heavily lately, is there anyhtign i could do to offset the exposure such as exercise and antioxidants?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-10-2011, 12:39 AM   #2
(female)

wolfcafe HB Userwolfcafe HB Userwolfcafe HB User
Re: Diesel fumes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritiumium View Post
Hello Everyone New on this board but i just had a quick question for anyone with the knowledge.

So i work at an airport refueling planes, and the job entails driving a truck around that is diesel powered. When i get out to fuel a plane i am constantly bombarded with the smell of burnt diesel fumes. In addition I'm sometimes exposed to the vapors of the AVGAS 100LL fuel vapors when I'm putting it into the aircraft's. How bad is this for my health and what are the chances of getting lung cancer because of working conditions like this? I work at the airport 4 days a week and am probably expose to the fumes for a total of 3 hours per day cumulative.

I am a big health nut and this has been weighing on me very heavily lately, is there anyhtign i could do to offset the exposure such as exercise and antioxidants?
Hi!

Yeah, breathing diesel, or any gasoline engine fumes is for many a very
unpleasant experience. Some folks have severe reactions to these sort of
fumes, and yet others seem to not react to these kind of potentially harmful
fumes when around it.
Many guy's that are auto/truck mechanics, and are knowledgeable about
foods/vitamins for helping with one's good heath, take Vitamin E (in natural form, not acetate) and daily Vitamin C in good doses.
Perhaps you already know what to do about working around these potentially
harmful fumes.
I left a job once that subjected employees to toxic chemicals in the work place.
Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread