It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Environmental Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2012, 12:16 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User
avoiding problems caused by appliances

It's now three years since I last posted on this thread: "Washing Machine from HELL!!!" http://www.healthboards.com/boards/environmental-disorders/656354-washing-machine-hell-2.html

Since then, I've moved the washing machine out into the Florida Room, along with a new dryer, and I no longer have to worry about the damned thing! I've also increased my asthma medication and that has helped quite a bit. Apparently I was not on the most effective dose.

The most likely cause of my problem with the washing machine is probably the level of Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) in the paint. Manufacturers are trying to eliminate or lessen the levels of VOCs in their appliances, so I must not be the ONLY person effected with health problems caused by common household appliances, furniture and remodeling materials.

I would like to purchase a new refrigerator. I am debating getting one and just taking a chance that it has very low VOCs in the paint. However, it would not be very easy to return the thing if I can't have it in my home. We just purchased a new Maytag freezer and it is OK.... no problems with it in our home. Perhaps I should look for a Maytag refrigerator???

On the other hand, I purchased two different small GE refrigerators. One was OK, the other one made me sick and I had to put it out in the Florida Room.

What to do???

⇒ Eliminate household items that are toxic!
⇒ Balanced, healthy, low glycemic diet
⇒ Lots of Exercise
⇒ Avoid night allergens, toxins
⇒ Coreg!

Last edited by Mod-S4; 01-31-2013 at 08:19 PM. Reason: Post moved to start new thread. Reference to other thread removed.

Reply Reply