It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Environmental Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-19-2013, 08:55 AM   #1
(female)

AMB7 HB User
When is it safe to drink alcohol again? (Stomach Parasites and Antibiotics)

I was recently diagnosed with having three different stomach parasites (Cyclospora, Giardia, and Cryptosporidium). On August 8th, I was first given Xiflacan and Sulfamethoxazole/Trimethoprim to treat the Cyclospora and was given Dicyclomine to use as needed for stomach cramping. I took the Xifalcan until August 13th and am currently still taking the Sulfamethoxazole/Timethoprim and will end my last dose the morning of August 19th. I haven't had to use the Dicyclomine as much now because the cramping has stopped. On August 14th I found out that I also had Giardia and Cryptosporidum so I was prescribed Alinia to treat both of those. Alinia was a three day antibiotic that ended on August 17th.

I was wondering when it would be safe to drink again especially with all of these different antibiotics that have been in my system. I was planning to drink the weekend of August 23/24th and my 21st birthday is August 28h.

I am sure the antibiotics will be out of my system by then but I am still worried that the antibiotics may not have killed off everything and that there could be a chance that some are still in my system..

If this did happen, and there is still a parasite in my stomach, would drinking make it worse? You would think that alcohol would kill parasites but I really have no idea. I just want these parasites to be out of my body but I would also really like to enjoy my 21st birthday.

PLEASE HELP

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply