It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2004, 08:29 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Lisa T HB User
Talking Lots of new names around, Roll Call anyone??

There seems to be alot of new names on the board lately, so I thought maybe it was time for an old time roll call... how about it?

I'm Lisa and I have had E for almost three years now. I'm currently taking Topamax 75mg 2x daily (hoping to get it increased next week ) I also take Magnesium Oxide to help with the side effects of Topamax. The longest I have been seizure free in this three years is 34 days, but no complaining that is way better than every two days like in the beginning!! I have GMs.

Did I forget anything?

I'm 31 and married with two wonderful kids and we have three dogs and at last count 14 cats( but 3 are ready to drop kittens anyday ). Gotta love living on a farm, its everyones favorite spot to drop animals. And one horse who is 33 (yes its no typo 33) years old! Did anyone need a cat??

Have a good night all

Lisa T

Old 07-08-2004, 10:35 PM   #2

aprilr607 HB User
Re: Lots of new names around, Roll Call anyone??

hello,

we live on a ranch too! we board horses for people and have about the same number of cats. that is too funny! My son just started having them a month or so ago, mainly in his sleep. This is all new to us so I am still learning we go in for our 4th eeg tomorrow morning . How often do you have the sz, they seem to be in my sons sleep or right before he wakes up in the mornings, they have him on trileptol 600mg 2 times a day. well i just wanted to say hi, it sounds like we may have alot in common. bye for now.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-08-2004, 11:47 PM   #3

dalesgirl HB User

I'm Susan. My husband had his first 'known' seizure March 1st of this year and is on Dilantin now. The seizure was due to a diving accident in 2002. We're playing with the meds to make sure they are the right doses and also looking into other things to see if he's still having them at night or maybe another problem.

We live in Indiana and have 3 kids (two boys and one girl).

Old 07-09-2004, 07:23 AM   #4
(female)

heavenangel24 HB User
Cool Re: Lots of new names around, Roll Call anyone??

Hi Im Tracy. I take 100mg 2x a day of Topomax and 400mg 2x of Tegretol XR a day. I started having seizures in 95'. Im 25 years old.
The reason I started having seizures doctors dont know.
I take a handfull of viatmins everyday.
Cause with Topomax you have to take multivitamins cause it robs your body of nutrients. So you have to replace your body of the nutrients.
I started losing hair. So I am taking Biotin.
I am using Nioxin products.

Old 07-09-2004, 07:54 AM   #5

MandiX HB User

I'm Mandi, I'm a 21 year old college student. I was diagnosed with Temporal Lobe E a month after my 16th birthday but was rediganosed with Juvenile Myoclonic E three years ago. I'm on 200mg x2 of Carbatrol and 75mg x1 of Lamictal. As of the 16th I'll start the switch to get me off the Carbatrol. I haven't had a grand mal seizure in 5 years and any other type in a year. I do get myoclonic jerks upon waking which is what we're trying to fix with the Lamictal.

Old 07-09-2004, 08:08 AM   #6

radasjewel HB User

Hi
I'm Lori I have been diagnosed with Epilepsy since I was 12 months, I am now 26. I have Temporal Lobe, Tonic-Clonic and Partial Complex. My doctor has me on 2000mg Epilem and 100mg Lamictal daily. My siezures were very numerous but are realitivly controled now thank goodness.

Old 07-09-2004, 11:04 AM   #7

Sonja Stevens HB User

Hi!

My name is Sonja. I am 38 years old, married, and have 3 children. 2 boys...ages 10 and 9 plus 1 little girl...age 4. We live in California. I am in the process of being diagnosed right now. They are checking for epilepsy, but now suspect narcolepsy. In 2 weeks I'm going in for a sleep study over night. I obviously don't hope it to be epilepsy, but if it is....the one good thing is that I'll get to stay on this board and all of you seem so kind! I'll keep you all posted. Nice to meet you!

Sonja

Old 07-09-2004, 05:00 PM   #8
Senior Veteran

tkdmom96 HB User

HI!

I'm Vicki and our daughter Katie has had E since the age of 9 months. She is now 16. (well, in about 2 weeks, but she considers it close enough!) She has Complex Partial and Simple Partial seizures.

She just had surgery on June 7th to remove her seizure focus, so far, so good.
We have an appt. with our Epi and the neurosrgeon on July 21st. We'll see how that goes. Katie is doing super!

Welcome to all of the new people! If you are looking for a specific answer to your questions, make sure you give enough detail and don't be discouraged if someone doesn't answer right away. It may mean that we either haven't had any experience with what you asked, but don't give up on us, try again!

Take care,
Vicki

Old 07-09-2004, 06:24 PM   #9
(female)

debvid HB User

Hi
I'm Debbie and my daughter Bonnie is 13, 14 in 3 weeks. She was diagnosed at 7 years, had it longer we just didn't know that was what it was. We're in the process of finding the right med for her. It was controlled pretty much until last year, good old hormones.
Debbie

Old 07-10-2004, 03:55 AM   #10

gagcas HB User
Wink Re: Lots of new names around, Roll Call anyone??

hi everyone,

i'm jen. i havea 5 year old son named gage. we just found out this past november or so that he has epilepsy but think he may have had it since 1 1/2 years old with his night terrors. we didnt catch on till he started haing really bad temper fits and dr ran some tests and the EEG came back with siezure activity.. its more of a petit mal epilepsy and he only has them when he is sleeping or tired. since we have had him on the medications, he is on zarontin, 2 1/2 tsp. twice a day, he has been doing very well. only i cant get him to take it anymore. so i may be posting with a new medication here soon. the pediatrician has good hope that he will grow out of it as he gets older.n we have been through the EEG's and we also did a VEEG back in june.

just want to jot a quick note to all the newbie's to welcome you to the board. i always say this is the place for the best friends you never meet. this board has helped me quite a bit and i believe i ahve helped some of them too. welcome, stay awhile and put your feet up.

Old 07-10-2004, 06:37 AM   #11
Veteran
(female)

mommajessibelle HB User

My name is Jessie I was diagnosed with epilepsy at 15 years old Im now 23. I went to the mayo clinic in minnesota in April of this year and was diagnosed with left temporal mesial temporal sclerosis and atrophy in the left hippocampus. In January of this year I recieved the VNS and in Feb started taking the depo provera shot Ive been seizure free now since March 14th.I am going next week to see about getting the vns removed.
I am married with 3 children ages 5,4,and,2.

mother of 3
Melissa 9, Brandon 8, and MaeLynn 6

Old 07-11-2004, 06:28 PM   #12

jake's-mom HB User

Hi, My name is Wendy and I have a 7 year old son named Jake. He had his first witnessed Grand Mal seizure in April, but we think he had some before then in his sleep. He has Generalized Absence seizures and Generalized Tonic-Clonic Seizures. He is currently taking 120mg Lamictal/day and has been seizure free for 3 weeks. We are still new to this, but it seems the more we learn, the less we know.

There is great info here.

Luck and Love to all. Wendy

Old 07-30-2004, 01:24 PM   #13
(female)

Neshik HB User
Wink Re: Lots of new names around, Roll Call anyone??

Hi Lisa
I have 2 cats and live in a small small apt. in New York City so i dont
need any more cats...
i was diagnosed with E. 6 months ago...a long road ahed of me...
I'm 29 yo. and just befor it started my husbend and i were talking about
having children.
We put this idea on hold until I get the spells under controll.
I hope it wont take too long, so far i have side effects but still get spells
1 or 2 tims a month.
Farm Ha...?
Luky!
Thanks for introducing yourself
S.
(sorry for any spelling mistakes...)

Old 07-30-2004, 02:09 PM   #14

Winterlily HB User
Smile Re: Lots of new names around, Roll Call anyone??

Hi,

Let's see. I'm 38 and have had complex partial E (or is "temporal lobe" preferred now? Hm..) since I was 21. I was undiagnosed for 8 years, not for lack of testing, but instead, because of a neuro who looked at the EEG report, which said "clear seizure disorder" and ignored it, telling me everything was negative and I should see a psychiatrist! Wasn't until 8 years later when I requested the records (long story) that I found out what was wrong. I'm on 400 mg of Tegretol 3x a day and am <knock wood> super well-controlled.

I'm a web designer and web editor for a living. I also train dogs part-time (I trained assistance dogs full-time for 16 years!). I live with my husband and our much-loved and much-spoiled little pooch.

I think that's about it!

Samantha

Old 08-03-2004, 11:03 AM   #15
(male)

couldbeworsaspose HB User

Hi,
My name is Garry,and I live near York,England.I have had Temporal lobe epilepsy all my life,but was only diagnosed a few years ago at 45.
I am taking Lamictal and am under control for now.

Closed Thread