It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-22-2004, 05:27 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Lisa T HB User
Question Advise needed, T users welcome!!

Hey everyone.... well I'm alittle concerned and need some advise. As most of you know I take Topamax (200mg) and love it . I don't know if this is related or not, so I thought I would see what you guys had to say about it!! I'm having some pain in my right side that goes around to my back. I'm also experiencing it on my left side, but not as severe. My first thought is.... kidney???? Would that be right? But I thought T only gave stones? Anyone have thoughts on that? Granted it might have nothing to do with my medicine.... I'm also bruising really easy. The tops of my legs and my arms look really bad, but I did start a new job and get bumped around with boxes, but I think this bruising is alittle much for that.

Darn it!!!! Things were just starting to go my way and now........ My job....my bosses are being awesome, but this is a trial, I can't screw this up..ugh Sorry, my fingers got the best of me, but they are under control now!

Any advise will help!!!

Old 08-22-2004, 01:04 PM   #2
Senior Veteran

tkdmom96 HB User
Re: Advise needed, T users welcome!!

Hi Lisa,

Appendix? The "feeling" of pain can radiate from where the actual pain is originating from.

Could you also be having muscle aches from working more? Lifting, moving things, on your feet more, etc?

Sorry, don't know anything about T, but added the ideas above for thought.

Take care and rake in those big bucks!

Vicki

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-23-2004, 06:52 AM   #3
Inactive

Phoebe HB User

I don't know how long it's been since you had bloodwork done, but get some soon! Call your doc especially abt the bruising! Usually Liver Function tests and a Chemistry are done when you have a level done. The radiation made me think gallbladder Regardless of the cause, see your doc soon and get some labs done! Phoebe

Old 08-23-2004, 09:50 AM   #4
Senior Veteran

tkdmom96 HB User

Hi Lisa,

Actually, after I posted, I remembered that Katie bruised easily when she was on Tegretol. Isn't Topomax in the same drug family? As Phoebe mentioned, I would contact your neuro for some lab work or to get a comment regarding the bruising.

We had to have a card on file at school, in the health room, for Katie about her bruising easily, so there wouldn't be any issues as far as child abuse brought up. We told them what "normal" bruising would look like and what would be considered "abnormal".

We had to cover ourselves in today's world, you just never know who could cause a stir. Maybe even a parent, who invited Katie over for a play date. That way we had it documented in a public forum.

Keep us posted on the outcome!

Vicki

Old 08-29-2004, 04:30 PM   #5
(female)

Eilidh1 HB User

Hey Lisa...

I'm not sure about the pains (possibly a change in posture with the job?), but I do know that T can reduce your white blood cell count, which in turn may lead to an increase in bruising. Perhaps you are only noticing this now that you're in a situation that things are bumping into you. Please don't get down-hearted. We're all rootin' for ya!

Eilidh
x

Old 08-30-2004, 01:06 PM   #6
Veteran

LisaGuthrie HB User

HI LISA

No words of wisdom only (((HUGZ)))!! Been thinking of you lately! Keeping you in my prayers each day!

Love and light,

Lisa and kids

Old 08-30-2004, 03:19 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

Lisa T HB User
Post Re: Advise needed, T users welcome!!

Thanks all! I have put off calling my doc, guess I'm scared he'll mess with my T dosage... I've been just alittle over two months now without a seizure... its been wonderful!!! I've never been this long before. I do have a couple of question!!?? Some new feelings I've been experiencing(only twice though), I feel flushed and my vision gets blurry, things just seem to not be right (for lack of way of explaining it), but as long as I rest I'm fine. Before, I would of sworn a seizure would acure , is the medicine preventing them from happening all the way? Or is this a milder version? Just wanted to see if you guys could shed some light on this for me. Thanks!

Lisa

Closed Thread