It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2004, 08:30 PM   #1
(female)

yolo HB User
Something New!

Yolo and I went to the Brainstorm Summit here in Los Angeles there were lots of venders but these guys caught my eye because we spend lots of time in the ER. {REMOVED} This is a exciting time... lots of new medications coming down the pike lots of research being done.

The Medication is called Diastat {REMOVED}

Diastat is a unique gel formulation of diazepam that can be used in an acute (emergency) situation to stop prolonged seizures and bouts of increased seizure activity (cluster seizures).

Diastat has been proven safe and can be used in conjunction with other daily anti-seizure medications. Even if you're taking your anti-epilepsy medication every day, you may still have a seizure.

Any seizure that lasts too long may put your health at risk. The Epilepsy Foundation recommends that treatment should begin within 5 to 10 minutes to avoid an increased risk in complications.1,2 Using Diastat is a lot faster and easier than going to the emergency room (ER) because it begins working within 5 to 15 minutes.

I hope this helps someone I going to get some in the med cabinet ASAP

Live Well

Yolo
other half

Last edited by ms_mod; 11-19-2004 at 08:37 PM. Reason: Please don't post website address..leaving out part of the address is still against the posting rules.

Old 11-21-2004, 02:39 PM   #2

ritamymom HB User
Re: Something New!

Hi Yolo

I have taken Diastat and do have it in my med cabinet!! It is a sobository (spelling?) and it does work very quickly to stop the seizures. However, I don't really know that it is that new, I have been taking it now for over two years. Is there another new one out there?? I would be interested to know!!!
Hopefully, I will NEVER need it again!!

R

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-28-2004, 11:09 PM   #3
(female)

yolo HB User
Re: Something New!

Hi R

I don't really know if this stuff is new. Its new to me and yolo. We went on a trip to las vegas and yolo had a sz in the middle of the desert I was worried it was 120 degrees outside and and the car started acting up. Yolo has the kind of sz the are brought on by heat. that why if we are traveling it could be a problem.

I dont think its new but I'm glad to hear it works....

sorry it took so long to write

live well

yolo other half

Last edited by yolo; 11-28-2004 at 11:10 PM.

Closed Thread