It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2004, 04:42 AM   #1

gagcas HB User
Talking gage's 1st progress report for school

ok this is try number 5. i cant figure it out. its really upsetting me because i havent posted in a good long time and i cant figure out why. so please dont think im not coming here anymore. i get half way thru a post and i get booted from the internet completely. and this is the only site that does it to me. uuuugh!

well we went to gage's first parent teacher conference last thursday. i dont know why....but i went in there thinking i was going to get this report of him being behind, not picking things up like the other kids, etc. it was the complete opposite. she said he is right up there with everyone else. she doesnt feel he is having any difficulty at all. woohoo. the only prob he is having is he mixes up some of his letters. but i explained to her that when we found out about the siezures the alphabet seems to be the one thing it affected. so she understands now about how i have had to teach him things over and over. that it isnt that he doesnt know them, he just forgets them etc. but its nothing she is concerened about. other than that he is an "absolute angel". i had to ask if we were talking about the same kid.

other than that we are doing good. saw his pede couple weeks ago. she is going to do an EEG every year on his b-day checkup. i had told her my concern of not knowing if he was siezing etc. she sees the same neuro we do for her son, which i found out has the sleep siezures as well, and she says the only reason she goes to her every year is more for protocol. its awfully funny when an actuall dr. doesnt like the way the neuro does things and wont even see her unless she has too. but what are you going to do when it is the only neuro in the area that does this sort of specailty.

i am hoping this works. i wrote it on a document and im going to try and cut and paste it. i hope you all are doing ok and i have been reading the posts. just cant respond. so i am here and thinking about you all a lot.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-21-2004, 08:39 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Lisa T HB User
Cool Re: gage's 1st progress report for school

Oh that is wonderful he is doing well in school!!!! I'm glad school didn't turn into something more of a headache (if you know what I mean) Sounds as though he has a nice and understanding teacher, which always helps! (AND his wonderful MOM)

Take care and can't wait for the next great update!!!

Lisa

Old 11-21-2004, 10:26 AM   #3

buliem HB User
Re: gage's 1st progress report for school

That is great news! I'm so glad your son has a wonderful teacher. Unfortunately before my son was diagnosed he didn't have great teachers. He has a wonderful one now. Very understanding. Of course I have to pay $570 a month for her!

It seems the E affected Patrick much like it effects Gage. I drilled him over and over on his letters back in his preschool days. I would think he knew them and then he would forget. I think the teachers thought I wasn't doing anything with him. It took him awhile to pick up reading but now he's doing great. He still has trouble recalling how to spell words sometimes. Sometimes even really easy ones like from. It doesn't effect his reading but mostly his writing. He does great on spelling tests but will later forget how to spell a word. He also forgets people's names. He has to hear it over and over or to be around someone alot to remember their name. Very strange how E and meds impact a person.

Anyway we are wishing Gage continued success!!!!

Julie

Old 11-21-2004, 07:01 PM   #4
Senior Veteran

tkdmom96 HB User
Re: gage's 1st progress report for school

HEY JEN!!!

SUPER SUPER SUPER HAPPY for the GAGEMEISTER!

What GREAT news! You never know how kids will be once they leave the house. You can only hope that you have done your job well, as a parent, and that they follow what they have learned.

Continue to keep us posted...I'm thrilled for all of you!

P.S.>>> Hope you don't mind the nick name, it's just one of those names you can add meister to and it sounds good!

All my best!

Vicki

Closed Thread