It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-24-2004, 01:44 AM   #1

sarah542 HB User
new to this

my son has just been dianosed with sleep Epilepsy he is 8 years old.he is taking carbamazepine.i lost a twin baby girl in july 2003 to sids and a month after he had his first fit i was so scared i was going to lose him i didnt know what to do.since hes been on the meds he hasnt had one(touch wood)

Last edited by sarah542; 11-24-2004 at 01:56 AM.

Old 11-24-2004, 08:08 AM   #2

buliem HB User
Re: new to this

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah542
my son has just been dianosed with sleep Epilepsy he is 8 years old.he is taking carbamazepine.i lost a twin baby girl in july 2003 to sids and a month after he had his first fit i was so scared i was going to lose him i didnt know what to do.since hes been on the meds he hasnt had one(touch wood)

So sorry you lost your precious little one. That is heartbreaking. I know how scared you are for your son. My just turned 10 year-old (yesterday) has Absence Seizures (petit mal) He just had a big one on Monday. I found him seizing on the bathroom floor. We still don't have complete control of the seizures and now they appear to be progressing. I'm glad you found some control with your son. Today we go for an EKG to make sure none of this is heart related.
I don't know what it is like to lose a child but I certainly know what it feels like to fear losing one. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Keep visiting this board. The people are great and you can get a lot of wonderful information here and many virtual shoulders to cry on.

Take Care,
Julie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-30-2004, 10:57 PM   #3

jake's-mom HB User
Re: new to this

I know this sounds silly, but just be thankful he was diagnosed with E. It could be much worse. I am not familliar with that medication, but if they diagnosed him with an EEG, they can probably get you to a theraputic level on your meds. When my son was diagnosed, I was affraid, but releived at the same time. At least it wasn't a brain tumor and I wasn't going to lose him. I lost a baby 5 years ago and I made up my mind that I was not going to lose him. You and your family are in my prayers. I have 3 boys now so everyday is an adventure at our house. We just take it one day at a time and you can too.

God Bless! Wendy and Jake

Closed Thread