It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2004, 10:30 PM   #1

DianaF HB User
my body feels like it wants a seizure days after a seizure

Hello everyone,

I had 8 seizures this past Friday and Saturday (simple partial, complex partial) Today is Monday and since yesterday I keep getting these feelings like I am going into a seizure but it stops at a certain point. It is driving me crazy. Does anyone else have the same experience after a bout of seizures?

Diana

Old 12-07-2004, 09:02 AM   #2

healinggarden HB User
Re: my body feels like it wants a seizure days after a seizure

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianaF
Hello everyone,

I had 8 seizures this past Friday and Saturday (simple partial, complex partial) Today is Monday and since yesterday I keep getting these feelings like I am going into a seizure but it stops at a certain point. It is driving me crazy. Does anyone else have the same experience after a bout of seizures?

Diana
Yes! I have those dreadful things, I call them 'aftershock' seizures. You don't really get a seizure, but you have an aura, weird feeling, headache and then it goes away?

I have Complex Partial too, and I get those those type of fake seizures when I'm stressed out alot. Are you under stress or possibly sick with a flu? When I have a headcold or flu I get those preseizure things all the time.

I hope you get better, and you're not alone!

Kat

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-07-2004, 09:38 AM   #3

DianaF HB User

Hi Kat,

Thank you for responding. It is nice to know I am not alone. I don't know anyone personally who has seizures, so I don't have anyone to talk to who understands all the crap we go through.

I usually have the "aftershock" seizures (as you called them) after I have had a bad or multiple seizure(s). Usually this lasts one day, but this time it lasting longer. Probably because I had so many seizures this weekend.

Are you able to drive? How long have you had seizures? How does it affect your life?

I am a 44 years old. I have 2 children and 2 grandchildren. I started getting seizures when I was 40 after I finished school for my Bachelor's degree. The day after I finished school, I went to France for my step-daughters graduation and got some stomach ailment (I drank the water). When I returned I had my first seizure and the rest is history

I feel mine started because of stress. I have had 1 grand-mal seizure, but I usually have peti-mal and complex partial seizures. I am not able to drive, so my husband, kids and friends take me to work and other places I need to go. I have had all the testing I need to have surgery, I am waiting for the final yea or nay.

What's your story?

Last edited by DianaF; 12-07-2004 at 09:39 AM.

Old 12-07-2004, 12:29 PM   #4

PammyJeanne HB User

Ditto...
I will get that strange feeling and it sticks all day sometimes....ugh
Like it's almost there... but never happens
If i've had a hum dinger, the following day, I sometimes feel like I've been out drinking all night.... hung over.
Or an odd picky feeling all over my head...complex partials are odd to say the least.
Smells, hearing things.
I too thought it was my terrible marriage at the time pushing me over the edge. Stress.
My life seems to be back on track, just wish my brain would do the same.

Best wishes to you

Pam

Old 12-08-2004, 07:49 AM   #5
(male)

Kramer_DU HB User

Oh yes, I too am one of the few who was blessed with partial complex seizures. I started getting them when I was 12. I'm 22 now and they haven't gone away. They are such a pain in the but too!! They are just so random. I'll go a month with no spells, then all of a sudden start having them. And When they come back it's not just one. Oh no my friend, I'll get 5-10 a day. That lasts a few days, then I won't have any for a month. As far as the *Aftershock* I get them all the time. I was in Walmart one day doing my shopping and I could feel that I was going to have one of my spells, but all of them passed over. It happened like 5 times, so I put down what I had in my hand and walked away, then all of a sudden BAM one hit. Good thing no one saw either, because when I have them I drool really bad. It got all over my shirt and the floor. It's so embaressing. I think one thing that helps, at leat for me, is when you feel one comming on, just stop what you are doing. sit down, and take a few deep breaths. That usually help them pass over. Allthough sometimes they don't and you're just like GRRRRRRR NOT AGAIN!!!!!

Well that's enough out of me.
Don't worry, you're not alone with these things.

Last edited by Kramer_DU; 12-08-2004 at 08:38 PM.

Old 12-11-2004, 09:13 PM   #6

DianaF HB User

Thank you for responding. It IS good to know I am not alone with these "aftershocks" as we call them.

Old 12-12-2004, 06:18 AM   #7

healinggarden HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianaF
Hi Kat,

Thank you for responding. It is nice to know I am not alone. I don't know anyone personally who has seizures, so I don't have anyone to talk to who understands all the crap we go through.

I usually have the "aftershock" seizures (as you called them) after I have had a bad or multiple seizure(s). Usually this lasts one day, but this time it lasting longer. Probably because I had so many seizures this weekend.

Are you able to drive? How long have you had seizures? How does it affect your life?

I am a 44 years old. I have 2 children and 2 grandchildren. I started getting seizures when I was 40 after I finished school for my Bachelor's degree. The day after I finished school, I went to France for my step-daughters graduation and got some stomach ailment (I drank the water). When I returned I had my first seizure and the rest is history

I feel mine started because of stress. I have had 1 grand-mal seizure, but I usually have peti-mal and complex partial seizures. I am not able to drive, so my husband, kids and friends take me to work and other places I need to go. I have had all the testing I need to have surgery, I am waiting for the final yea or nay.

What's your story?
Sorry I took so long to respond, we had a crisis with our bathroom tub not working.

I can drive a car back home. The rules are much simpler and I know many roads there. Where I live now I can't drive due to winter conditions and the fact it's know I have epilepsy in my medical files.

I've had seizures since I was a little kid. I've become more withdrawn except from close family and 2 friends I've known forever. I'm very antisocial and suffer from depression due to the general misunderstanding that comes with epilepsy. People are very critical of this problem up here in Scandinavia.

I hope that you get the diagnosis you need!

Kat

Old 12-12-2004, 08:24 AM   #8
Veteran
(female)

bettyst HB User

Hugs to you!!! I wish there was something that could help! I hate seizures!...they scare me to death!
Betty (mom to Tripp)

Closed Thread