It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2004, 11:30 AM   #1
(female)

AliGirl7 HB User
The day after your seizure??

Hello! I was just wondering what you all feel like the next day. After you've had a seizure. I had one yesterday and of course I'm achy (muscles) but I feel a bit fuzzy as well. Not bad. Just don't feel normal yet. Are these feelings normal? Of course I'm also scared and thinking of everything I can do to prevent ever having another one.

Anyway, just wondering how you all feel the day after. Are you back to normal or still feeling the after effects???

Old 12-10-2004, 06:48 AM   #2

radasjewel HB User
Re: The day after your seizure??

Hi Aligirl,
Depending what sort of siezure I have depends on what I feel like next day. If I have a grand mal usually I am out of it properly for 2 days. Sort of like a giant hangover but with out the grog. Basically I have to sleep it off. I normallny have a major headache and my mind is very slow at recovering sometimes it can take 2 weeks for my mind to be back up to speed. If I only have a temproal lobe or partial complex normally it is a major headache, drowsyness and occasionaly nausea. Then there is the thought process which is normally lot slower to recover once again.
As for preventing them the idea is to learn what your triggers are. Do you know what they are? If you do you can take steps to avoid situations where there could be problems.For example one of my triggers is strobe lights so I try to avoid clubs where they have strobes. (That leaves only 2 in town).
Hope this helps Lori

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-10-2004, 08:30 AM   #3
(female)

AliGirl7 HB User

Hi there! Thanks for the reply. I was starting to think nobody would reply. I had a grand mal. To my knowledge, that's all I've ever had. I had one on Wed. and I was soooo sick to my stomach afterwards with a bad headache. I'm not sure why as I usually bounce back quite well. This one I still felt a bit strange yesterday but much better. Today still can feel it a bit but not as bad. I've had four seizures with the first one being in 1998,second in 2001 third June 04 and this last one on Wed. After the first one ever I wasn't put on anything. Then three years later I had the second and was put on Dilantin. The third one I had I'd kinda skimped on my meds. was taking them here and there. BIG no no I found out! Well, I ran out last weekend again and wasn't able to get them filled and sure enough had a seizure on Wed. my blood leve was a 6 and is supposed to be between 10 and 20. So I was given 800mg that day to catch me back up.

As for what triggers them, I'm desperately hoping that the only reason I had the last two was because of not taking my meds. I will NEVER do that again! It's just not worth it. However, everytime I've had one I have been stressed, haven't been eating or sleeping right and have been on my period. So that probably all ties into it as well.

*SIGH* this is all so scary to me.

Old 12-23-2004, 09:46 AM   #4
(female)

alittledeserted HB User
Talking Re: The day after your seizure??

AliGirl,
The after effects differ from person to person and seizure to seizure. I had two different types of seizures, rolandic epilepsy (night seizures) and grand mal seizures. Each time I had a rolandis seizure they were at night and I was usually asleep so the effects made me tired and sore for the night but by morning I was perfectly fine and usually couldn't even remember having an episode. But the last seizure i had was in 2002 and lasted for an hour and 40 minutes, a grand mal seizure. the DRs think my seizures changed but couldn't be sure because they never did any tests in time. Anyways, I had huge after effects from that one, i was tired , irritable, slurred my speach and my eyes were sensitive to light while my ears were sensitive as well. So as you can see, feeling fuzzy sore and tired after a seizue is perfectly normal but very few people have the exact same effects from one as others do. Good luck with this and I hope you over come you epilepsy just as i did.
~ alittledeserted

Old 12-23-2004, 04:43 PM   #5

healinggarden HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliGirl7
Hello! I was just wondering what you all feel like the next day. After you've had a seizure. I had one yesterday and of course I'm achy (muscles) but I feel a bit fuzzy as well. Not bad. Just don't feel normal yet. Are these feelings normal? Of course I'm also scared and thinking of everything I can do to prevent ever having another one.

Anyway, just wondering how you all feel the day after. Are you back to normal or still feeling the after effects???
I feel like basically. I ache everywhere and just lay in bed for awhile. I get the fuzzy weird brain feeling like the after feeling of drinking 2 cups of coffee and the caffine is gone I always am afraid of another one too. I just try to relax and focus on something to get your mind off the seizure.

I collect recipes.lol It's mind numbing but helps. Too much stimulus to my brain and it goes haywire again. Give it a couple of days and you should be fine!

Kat

Old 12-23-2004, 05:32 PM   #6
(male)

rtyndall HB User

AliGirl,
I get grand mals that last for about 5 minutes at a time. Immediately after them for about the next 24 hours I have intense headaches and back pain like nothing else. Then I'm in a fog for a few more days on top of that. I usually don't feel 100 percent for about 2 weeks - things just aren't right (if you know what I mean).
Russ

Old 12-26-2004, 06:34 PM   #7
Inactive

Jeff Jay HB User

Hi AliGirl, I have complex patrials. I've had them for a loooong time. I had two sets of clusters yesterday and I have a headache and I'm still tired. I slept all day yesterday, it was Christmas! My brain feels fuzzy for a few days after depending on how bad they were. If I have more than 10 or 15 I can't think at all for a week. I think yesterday I only had about 4 before someone caught them. I feel like a real dumby, sleeping in my room all Christmas Day with my familly here for dinner. They understand even if I don't. I hope your neuro can get you under control and I'll pray for you. Good luck.
Jeff

Closed Thread