It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-21-2004, 03:45 AM   #1
(female)

Kathy287 HB User
meds affecting sex drive?

I am 38 and have had epilepsy for about 2 years. I have been on my current meds for about a year now and seizure free. I am female by the way, in case you weren't sure. My husband last night said, is there something wrong, you don't care about sex anymore, and he is right. I don't really think about it. He thought it was something he was doing, and I don't think it is. I was wondering, could my meds be affecting this, I am taking Depakote and Topamax. I also take a multivitamin with extra calcium, selenium, cranberry, magnesium and zinc. I take these to help counteract side effects.
I do enjoy sex when it does happen. Do you think it is from the meds, or could it just be because I am busy with working and 2 teenagers and keeping the house...I just don't know. PLEASE HELP!!!!

Old 12-21-2004, 06:58 PM   #2
(female)

Kathy287 HB User
Re: meds affecting sex drive?

I guess no one knows what is going on with me, thanks for the people who have read my post.
Kathy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-21-2004, 07:38 PM   #3
Senior Veteran

tkdmom96 HB User

Hey Kathy,

I just read your post and welcome you to the hormone changing group. The "nearing 40" , "around 40" and "into the 40's" group. I'd like to know who the person is that said a woman is in her sexual prime at the age of 38. WhAtEvER! I think I missed it...Hahahaha!!!

I have read that AED's do cause lack of sex drive. I think I read that in the health magazine that starts with a "P", within the last year. I'm sure you have a combo of things going on...and the working, teens, and house thing is enough on many days for anyone. I have 16 1/2 (girl) and 14 1/2 (boy) yearolds. The "S" word is low on my priority list...just no energy left for it.

Hang in there...or should I tell your husband that?

Vicki

Last edited by tkdmom96; 12-21-2004 at 07:40 PM.

Old 12-22-2004, 12:26 PM   #4
(female)

Kathy287 HB User

Vicki,
thank you for your reply, it just makes it so much easier to handle when you know you are not the only one. My daughter is 15 and my son is 13. My son can be a handful also, he has ADHD, obsessive/compulsive disorder and asperger syndrome. He had been doing so wonderfully, in regular school, even made the honor roll! Then bam!!! middle school and puberty set in. He is trying to adjust and we are trying to help him, but unfortunately my husband quite often is in denial about him. I love my husband and my son both dearly and would never trade them for anything, but sometimes I just want to lock them up together for a month and say deal with it!!! I am taking a vacation. Oh well, thanks again Vicki, I will let my hubby know what you said, I am sure he will be happy to hear it too.
Kathy

Old 12-23-2004, 12:16 AM   #5

DianaF HB User

Hello,

I have been on seizure medications for 4 years. I am 44 years old and female. I too have NO sex drive. My GYN told me about a medication called Avilmil. It's supposed to help. You can go to their website avilmil.com.

I hope this helped

Old 12-23-2004, 12:17 PM   #6
(female)

Kathy287 HB User

Diana,
thanks for the help. I went to the web site, and this is all it said..
Account for domain www.avilmil.com has been suspended

I was interested in checking it out. Does anyone have any natural alternatives? I try not to take any meds, unless absolutely necessary. I always have side effects from them.
Kathy

Old 12-23-2004, 04:22 PM   #7

DianaF HB User

The website is http://www.avlimil.com

it was spelled incorrectly before

Closed Thread