It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-26-2004, 04:04 AM   #1

gagcas HB User
Smile hi everybody......how are you?

Merry Christmas to everyone !!!!!!!

Well, hello everyone. Just popped in with an update on how gage was doing. now that the holidays are done and over with (thank goodness) I hope to be able to stop in here more often.

gage is doing super. we have had no seizures that i can tell. he is doing absolutely wonderful in school too. picking up on things really well. he has the next week and a half off for break and since we have gotten pounded with snow he is really happy about that. he is all excited to the point that he wants to go out everyday....think that will be daddies job...lol moms not much of a cold person.

can you believe that half of the school year is over for him. he has the routine down pat. a little forgetful at times but i think he is not going to have any problems like i thought he would. they get their actual first report card in January to that one will be a saver. is it normal for someone with seizures to go this long without having anything at all. i mean he has had a bit of a temper lately but i have been chalking that up to holidays, but i haven't seen any breakthrough seizures nothing. could he really be growing out of them this soon? i thought maybe he would have something as he hit growth spurts but now im beginning to wonder if he is done with it all....i know, wishful thinking. his pede. will schedule another EEG in february for his 6th b-day. so maybe that will tell something

cassie is doing well also. we have been running her back and forth to the ENT last couple of weeks and we go Thursday to see if they are going to take her adenoids and tonsils out. the poor thing snores like a forty year old man sleeping off a hang over...lol. its really bad and it affects her sleep, and daily doings. she is sick with sinus infections and coughs like you wouldn't believe. if its not one kids its the other huh.

well i hope everyone is doing really well and taking care of themselves as well. may the new year bring everyone lots of luck and good wishing.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-27-2004, 06:52 PM   #2
Senior Veteran

tkdmom96 HB User
Re: hi everybody......how are you?

Hi Jen,

Just a quick note to say hi! I've been wondering where you've been. We had a nice Christmas, thanks! Happy to hear you did too!

Glad to hear Gage and Cassie are doing well. I would chalk the no seizures up to the med doing it's job, for now. Katie had many "dry" spells over the years too. Only time will tell...our neuro used the 2 year mark as the "let's try going off of meds" time frame. Katie made it there twice.

Are you and your husband back together? It almost sounded like it in your post...I hope Cassie feels better soon...both of ours had tubes, but didn't have the adnoids removed, they weren't doing it "back in the day" as often. I heard it is suppose to help tho. I use to be able to tell when Katie had a sinus thing starting...dry cough for no reason, smelly breath and snoring at night. We found out her sinus infections were allergy related. She got allergy injections for 5 years and she has only had ONE sinus infection in the last 7 years.

Take care and hope to see you back soon!

Vicki

Old 12-30-2004, 03:54 AM   #3

gagcas HB User
Talking Re: hi everybody......how are you?

thanks Vicki,

no me and my hubby never split up. im sorry i may have confused everyone when i was talking about gage and his dad in posts way back when. gage has a different dad than my husband, but to gage my husband is his dad. if that makes sense. poor gage got stuck with one of the fathers that doesn't have a part in his life except to make support payments. my husband treats and raises him as his own and that is who gage calls daddy. sorry for the confusion.

im really hoping the EEG the pediatrician schedules at his 6 year check up comes out clean, but i know the odds of that happening. i feel bad sometimes for everyone, because it seems like i have the easy time and that i really don't fit in here anymore. but i know i do and i ill stay here on this board. it was a long and bumpy road and i don't think i would have gotten thru it if it wasn't for you, Lisa and the rest of the gang. thank you all.

how is Katie doing so far. i remember seeing a post about her coming off the meds. is she completely off them now or not. she is a real trooper. how is her schooling going is there a difference in her studies from last year to post surgery?

oh my gosh your comments on the kids sound like cassie to a tee. Lol. right down to the sinus infection every other week. And it is her allergies, we just cant pin point it. We go today to see about the removal of her adenoids and tonsils, so keep your fingers crossed.

Have a good day all.

Last edited by gagcas; 01-02-2005 at 04:20 AM.

Old 01-02-2005, 04:29 AM   #4

gagcas HB User
Wink Re: hi everybody......how are you?

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE

Old 01-02-2005, 10:58 AM   #5
Senior Veteran

tkdmom96 HB User
Re: hi everybody......how are you?

Hi Jen,

Happy New Year...I didn't mean to sound nosey about the hubby thing...sorry!
I was confused because you spoke different ways at times and I made an assumption. And you know how that goes...*ss of you and me...

Take the E thing one day at a time...

Katie is doing well. She is off of one of her meds (Keppra) and we were told she'd be on the Lamictal for "up to" the next 2 years. She has done so well so far, you never know if that will change as well. She can go for her license now. But she will have to stop driving when she comes off of the Lamictal down the road.

As far as school goes, the jury is out on that yet. Grades for the first semester will come out the 3rd week in January. They have final exams the week of the 11th. She does seem to have some short term memory issues that have been brought to our attention by teachers and the basketball coach. She will have a neuropsych exam in April or June to see where things are at. The Epi said the first year post surgery is "wait and see" time. The brain needs to heal and adapt. Too many changes going on right now to make any conclusions. So, we wait.

Katie has been developing a "boyfriend" situation. UHG! A senior and she's a sophomore. I keep forgetting she really should be a junior because of our change in schools at the 6th grade level. So, not that bad I guess. At least he doesn't drive yet! Hahahaha! ONE FOR IN THE MOM'S CORNER!

I hope Cassie's stuff goes well. It really isn't that terrible. Better to do it when you're younger. I guess adults have it worse. Get it done and over with and hopefully it will help her alot!

There are so many new people here...that's great, but alot of our buddies have fallen off the radar. I miss Lisa G and happy to see Lisa T back more, even tho I know she's busy.

Take care and I know we don't quite fit here anymore either, but if there is one person I can help, that is what it is all about...PAYING IT FORWARD

If you haven't seen that movie, please do! It is with Helen Hunt and Kevin Spacey. About 5 years old or so...but a great life lesson!

Peace~
Vicki

Closed Thread