It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-27-2004, 04:25 AM   #1
Inactive

guineapig HB User
A new one to the list of meds!

Had two seizures in one day (three or so for the week total). Got feeling pretty weak after the two-seizure-day bout, Dr. started me on Trileptal/Tegretol combination. Been in a groggy haze, lethargic (so, yes, it's probably WORKING, moreso than the Tegretol alone). MY concern is: While all of my friends and co-workers are recommending that I apply for disability, WHO will KEEP me while the Social Security Administration goes through its usual 5+ years of denial and court?

Maybe if I could find someone to pluck my eyes out , then the disability might appear a little more obvious! I mean, think about it: The neuro sits on one lone EEG report, 1/2 hour in duration, that didn't have a seizure occur at the same time! Disability?? Yea, right! Not without a few years of legal battles!

Wish me luck with the new meds! Definately making me more irritable and cranky, when I AM awake!

Old 12-28-2004, 07:20 AM   #2
(female)

rocket56 HB User
Re: A new one to the list of meds!

Yes, the disability route is not an easy one, my daughter has been going round and round for 2 years. She has been denyed several times its up to the court now. God knows when that date will be. For some reason they think it will go away. She will get better. She started seizing when 16 and is now 27, She did have 6 years free of seizures and she "got a life" she went to work got a drivers licence, had a normal life for 6 years then Wham. Seizures came back. You just never know. She got off her ssi then and now its sooooo hard to get it back. They said she worked, Yeah while she was free of the seizures she did but now she had grand mals everyday, she is unable to care for herself, children, and they say she can work. I wish they would just come visit a day of the life of a epileptic.......

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread