It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2005, 10:32 AM   #1
(male)

Pablo2 HB User
Could I have Epilepsy

Several years ago I had visual disturbances and a MRI and CT scan revealed white scar tissue over my right eye, which was the eye I lost my vision in, although my vision eventually returned I began to suffer musclular pain in my legs that would effectively stop me from participating in any sports, after seeing neurologist for many months undergoing many tests the doctor put me on Neurontin, this seemed to help tremendously. I was never diagnosed with anything but the neurontin seemed to help, so I never really asked any questions. I stopped taking Neurontin 2 years ago.

Unfortunatley I have had anothe episode all be it the symptoms are completely different.

My symptoms started just before Christmas 2004 I went to a Company Christmas party and after a heavy drinking session in New York I woke up the next day I was feeling a little light headed but I put that down to a hangover,But I also noticed my face was beamimg red with a red rash it looked like a mild case of sunburn

The next night I woke up to very strange smell it was so strong I was sure I was going to vomit, I was feeling very lightheaded and I couldnt focus properly with my eyes, the smell lasted for days but my wife couldnt smell it.

I have pain in my back up through my neck and a strange feeling in my head it is like pressure but with out the pain, I am getting the occasional sharp stabbing pain with a feeling of pressure and numbness around the temples. I went to the doctor and he brushed me off with anti inflammatorys for Osteoperosis, this actually made my head feel worse so I stopped taking the medication and took myself to the hospital.

They conducted a head CT scan and blood tests but found nothing yet nearly 4 weeks later I still have this sense of pressure on my temples the pain in my neck has subsided but I noticed that if the pain increased in my back then the feeling of pressure in my head would also increase. My wife thinks I am a Hyperchondriact and because of the Hospital results and the because of what my wife says I am beginning to think I am going nuts.

The Strange smell has gone however the feeling of pressure is still there, I have been going to see a Chiropractor and that has eased the pain a little in my back, so may be that was a seperate issue but the feeling in my head is still there and driving me nuts.

My niece in England was recently diagosed with Epilepsy her seizures only effect her at night when she is asleep at least for the time being, is it possible that I have had a similar seizure.

Any advise

Last edited by Pablo2; 01-08-2005 at 10:33 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-08-2005, 01:27 PM   #2

healinggarden HB User
Re: Could I have Epilepsy

It actually sounds like you got alcohol poisoning. My bro in law got alittle too happy one summer night and had to have his stomach pumped he drank so much. He had what we called "liver headaches". He was very sensitive to smells and got really weird headaches and pressure until he recovered. Do you drink heavily often?

I hope you get better!

Kat

Closed Thread