It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2005, 12:50 PM   #1

healinggarden HB User
Falling Over Stuff?

I'm constantly almost falling down the stairs in this house. (shoddy design by a family member, totally awful design anywho.) It's awful because the laundry is downstairs,phone, etc. Everything is tiled here too and darn slick.

I miss my parent's home. Carpet, one story Not too bad if you fall down and have a seizure lol

I wear slippers with tread but still I almost fall. I've fallen over a vacuum once..ouchy. Never sweep when you know you're going to get a seizure. Wish I had known that ahead of time lol When I tried to ride my bike last year, granted it's been like 10 years, I just leaned to one side and fell lol

Anyone else experiance this with epilepsy? Anything to help with balance? I constantly look drunk in public, but I'm not! I just kinda tilt sometimes. lol Stress aggravates it too.

Kat

Old 03-09-2005, 08:30 PM   #2
(female)

amandamcn HB User
Re: Falling Over Stuff?

in a word, YES. Clumsiness is always a factor for me. I get lots of dizzy spells, and often fall out of my boyfriend's truck, much to his amusement. I have given up on riding bikes, and rollerblading has definately been struck. Excersising can be difficult since I'm so clumsy!
Best of luck, Ama

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-11-2005, 04:52 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Travis from MN HB UserTravis from MN HB UserTravis from MN HB User
Re: Falling Over Stuff?

I had that problem when I was on Z and me other med levels became elevated. Walking was a problem without a cane (as if I was drunk). Vision was impaired even when reading a book (I had to go to books on tape).

Al due to Z and my other meds interacting (primarially Dilantin) and the weight loss caused. After Dilantin was reduced the effects went away almost immediatly. However DURING the problamatic time I had to move in with family so I was safe.

--Travis

YES I was falling when I was walking in my apartment as if I was horribly intoxicated (and I had just woken up). Balance was out of wack. I needed a cane during this time to WALK even in the house; or I'd have to CRAWL on the floor.

it was not an enjoyable medication period.

Closed Thread