It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2005, 07:58 PM   #1

DreaC11 HB User
Question could this be epilepsy?

Starting in mid october I began getting these very wierd feelings of what is best described as brain fog. They descended like a curtian when they came and each progressive one lasted longer and longer. There was no real pain, none of the "classic" seizure symptoms, it just sort of felt like I had taken too much allergy medication (which is what I assumed the problem was at first.) Everything appeared blurry but I was still able to read and see alright, it was just sort of hard to focus on anything and when I tried my eyes focused very slowly. These episodes continued to escilate and last longer and longer until I woke up one morning and it felt like I was standing outside my body. That was late November and since then I have been going crazy trying to figure out what this is. I am very light sensitve and overhead flourecent lights really aggrivate the sense of derealization and fogginess. I always feel better in the morning, usually for about an hour, and then I begin to get the spacy feeling. It's a pretty constant condition, although I had two very good days (almost my normal self, the fog just sort of lurked in the background) about a week ago and it has eased up a bit since the beginning in November. Recently, I've also had some pretty bad neck and back pain, sometimes there is an aching feeling in my left ear and a sort of tight pain on the left side of my head which makes turning my head very painful. This gets worse on airplanes. I don't know if this means anything to anyone one but any information you might have would be very helpful.

Thanks so much
Andrea

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-16-2005, 01:55 PM   #2
(female)

Mergath01 HB User
Exclamation Re: could this be epilepsy?

It's possible. Those symptoms also describe a wide range of medical problems, none of them minor. You really need to go to the doctor immediately.

Old 01-17-2005, 09:12 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

kayakmom HB User
Re: could this be epilepsy?

I hope you go to a doctor soon! That is really the best way to find out!

Closed Thread