It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2005, 10:08 AM   #1

blurayne HB User
topamax and loss of job!!

I was put on topamax and got sooo sick I couldn't go to work for 2 weeks. Unfortunitily, not too long ago I was out for a week with phneumonia. I got put on topamax and got so fatigue, I almost passed out going to the bathroom. I lost 11lbs in one week. couldn't eat. Got flu like symptoms, shivering to death, dizzy, sore throat, memory loss and not to mention I was not the most pleasent person to be around. I was more pleasent during PMS! That was only on 50 mgs! I had other side effects as well, pins and needles in hands and feet, headaches, ect. Well I complaned and now the doctor wants to put me on lamictal and I am afraid to go on anything since I felt soooo horrible on the topamax. I did gain 5 lbs of the weight back (bummer), but wow, I feel so much better and haven't had a seizure. I have the juvinile something or other seizure disorder and don't have them all the time. I have them months apart and usually triggered by something, like a medication that I didn't know caused seizures because I didn't take the time to check out the side effects (wellbuterine, ultram, ect.) and I want to go it without meds. the topamax just scared me to death. I felt like I was going to die, or had the flu from hell. I don't want to go on a medication everyday for having seizures maybe 3x a year (5 at the most). if it got worse does anyone know about lamictal? Now I need to find another Job because of that crap I got put on and I am soooo depressed!! I don't want to not be able to function. thanks, lisa

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-30-2005, 12:16 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

kayakmom HB User
Re: topamax and loss of job!!

I am so sorry you had such a horrible reaction! Sure seems that Topamax is not the med for you!!

Hoping you can find something that works. Dont blame you for being afraid of the meds after that!! Quality of life is so important

Closed Thread