It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2005, 07:06 AM   #1
(male)

raj05 HB User
is this epilepsy?

i study A levels in maths& i.c.t and fairly confident with my subjects, i recently had part time job at super market to work in the till and i find it very difficult to work and feel scared, also don't have confident and made many mistakes, i can't seems to know why i made so many mistakes because i realise now it's very easy job, i normally confident with my college work.do i have epilepsy? can anyone give me advice?

Last edited by raj05; 02-13-2005 at 07:07 AM.

Old 02-14-2005, 06:43 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Art_930 HB User
Re: is this epilepsy?

Raj - you may be putting too much pressure on yourself to be perfect. That kind of self-induced stress will make anyone make mistakes at a cash register.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-22-2005, 07:08 PM   #3
(female)

TonyaM HB User
Re: is this epilepsy?

hey, I have the same problem ...I was salutatorian of my high school class...got straight A's ...I got a job working at a cash register once...made SO many mistakes, waitressed too, even worse mistakes, ...perhaps it is the pressure you feel to do things fast....but it could also be social anxiety, do you feel anxious around other people or feel pressured to agree with them a lot...there is medication to treat that but i don't know if it helps...perhaps, though, it is just something different than what you are used to...i know a lot of older people have trouble working computers and couldn't even operate a cash register...partly because they aren't familiar with them...it might take a little time to get the "hang" of it

Closed Thread