It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2005, 09:49 PM   #1
(female)

tiresome HB User
those with Partial Complex temporo-occipital

Hello, I was just wondering what you feel when you are having seizures? I have had two different neuro's tell me they thought I had PCE after hearing my description and my mothers of what goes on with me. I had seizures as a teenager but "out grew" them. I am 42 now and what I experience now is totally different from what I had then. Back then I would fall and be unaware of it. Now I feel a "wave" or "shock" in my head and can lose my balance, become confused, babble, flinch, long pauses in speech, and some have said that I will walk with a limp when I have them. The first neuro told me that my brain was getting to old to fight off the seizures. LOL Thanks a lot doc.
Also they had put me on dilantin which I felt was making it worse. Trilepital didn't help enough, only made them less often. ( I had them for 39 days straight and so many times in a day I couldn't keep count. From what I read most people don't realize what is going on but I do (except for the limping part) Also I started having trouble with my vision on it. I am now taking Lamictal, so far so good except for chest pain one day. I have applied for disability and was denied. I quit working because I couldn't stand the complaints that I was being rude, people just didn't realize what was happening. And once my employers heard "epilepsy" they called me into the office on a regular basis until I cried, I got so depressed I just quit going. I ended up in the hospital for 9 days because of that. I am not even sure why I am writing this except I just feel so lost and hopeless. I am trying to get information on training so schooling for people with disabilities but am waiting for a return phone call. I finally got a medical card so hopefully the docs will do the evoked potentials and EEG that I have been trying to get them to order so I can at least know what I am really dealing with.
Well if you have read this far, I thank you for your time. I guess I just need to know that there are solutions.
Laura
P.S. does that jumping green guy give anyone else problems? It sure does me, I have to put something in front of it so that it doesn't make me drift off.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-16-2005, 01:41 AM   #2

TanyaWatson HB User
Re: those with Partial Complex temporo-occipital

Hey Laura,

I am sorry you are feeling so low at the moment. I just to tell you how to get rid of jumping green guy on your computer. Go to Tools on the menu bar, then Internet Options, click on the Advanced tab, scroll down to Multimedia and unselect Play Animations in Web Pages. I hope that these options are all the same on your system so you can follow these directions. Makes it much more pleasant to be on the computer without these things flashing in your face.

Thinking of you
Tanya

Closed Thread