It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2005, 01:25 AM   #1
(female)

mf_frog HB User
Question a friend needs my help!

I have a friend that has been having what we think may be epileptic seziers. He is alright somedays, but for the most part lately he has been acting very strange and we are worried about him. He had a car accident about a year ago and the doctors told him he had epilepsy. He never returned to the doctor after this. He was fine until about a month ago and that's when he started acting strangely. He talks about strange things like oranges and he seems to think he is making complete sense to himself and anyone around him. He has gotten alot worse in the past week. It seems to be more often that these instances occur and he is starting to really worry us because he wanders around outside at all times of the night and day. He often approaches his neighbors doors wanting to talk to them. He doesn't know all of them and it's scary to them to say the least. He gets obsessed with a certain thing or subject that he's talking about and seems to have a mission to carry out with these things or subjects. On his normal days, he either doesn't remember doing these things or just shoves them aside as "not that strange." We have talked to him about going to the doctor and he seems willing, but he doesn't have any insurance and was recently laid off of his job. I imagine that was also due to his episodes. I care so much about him and I just don't want anything to happen to him. I need your help on suggestions or advice. This man is my husbands best friend and it's really upsetting him to see his bestfriend go through this. It has caused alot of pain to the both of us. We are scared and feel very helpless at this point. I want to help him get back to being himself and also help us get back to normal. Our lives have been very affected by this also and we love him too much to turn our backs on him. Please help us help him. If you have any further questions on his behavior or anything please feel free to ask. Thanks for listening. Signed, so very confused and concerned, mf_frog

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-16-2005, 10:30 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

kayakmom HB User
Re: a friend needs my help!

I cannot tell if what he is having is from epilepsy or not, but he does need to get checked out from the sound. Problem is he has to want to go to a doctor. I sure hope you can convince him that you care and are worried.

you are a good friend to want to help him.

Old 02-16-2005, 09:34 PM   #3
(female)

mf_frog HB User

dear Kayakmom, Today he seems to be alot worse he even seems to be scaring me now and others as well. He said earlier today "they" ruined his day. When we asked him how, he replied with "they let me wake up this morning. When we asked him they was he refused to reply on that. He doesn't seem willing to go to the doctor and I am afraid that it will be too late to help him soon. I need some advice from you. How can I help him, without hurting him or myself. He is getting more and more vague everyday and I can't help but stay awake at night and worry if he'll be here tomorrow. I am desperate at the moment and I need some suggestions on what to do. Please help me. Signed, still worried and even more confused, mf_frog

Old 02-17-2005, 05:49 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

kayakmom HB User

While some seizures can cause confusion and paranoia I am sure there are other things that need ruling out. Head injury can do lots of bad things! I am so sorry he is going through all this. He needs to go see a nuero. It would help if he would let someone go with him to explain concerns but he might not allow that.

Sadly he has to want help or he won't pursue it....I am sure it is scary for you. keep talking to him and trying to get him help. If there is a way, try and tape his behaviors and see if a doctor will watch that .....sorry i do not have better asnwers!

Closed Thread