It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2005, 08:23 PM   #1
(female)

dottlebug HB User
VNS/ tooth pain

Hi just one question for those with the VNS. Has any one had a toothache or mouth pain from the VNS. I read somewhere that it is a possibility it could cause pain. But need to make sure before i Have a tooth pulled. Neuro recently increased the VNS shortly after i noticed my mouth mostly my top teeth on the same side of the VNS was bothering me. Like if i had chomped down on them real hard.

Old 03-10-2005, 08:17 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

kayakmom HB User
Re: VNS/ tooth pain

OUCH! SOunds painful. I would NEVER have a tooth pulled unless hte dental X Ray showed a clear problem, though, anyway. I find most dentists now do not want to just pull anyway. They want to push an implant or bridge .....(been there, done it recently...still have the sore mouth)

So sorry this is going on. Try calling the cyberonics people and ask them if there is a connection>

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-16-2005, 07:33 PM   #3
(female)

dottlebug HB User

Thanks Kayakmom for ur reply. I was suppose to go to the dentist last week. I didnt go. I went and had my neuro check my VNS cause it was coming on strong and didnt seem like it was cutting off. He change the settings and my teeth are not giving me problems now. So it must have been the VNS causing it . I am glad I didnt go have the dentist pull my tooth. Dont want to have one pulled unless I absolutely have to have it pulled.

dottlebug

Old 03-16-2005, 07:41 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

kayakmom HB User

I am so glad you went to the neuro too! Yes, you sure do not want to pull a tooth that is ok!!

Hoping you have no more trouble!!

Closed Thread