It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2005, 06:52 AM   #1
(female)

thinkimcrazy HB User
Angry Haven't been diagnosed yet-seizures seem to be more

I'm fairly new to this board but I really would appreciate any help that I can get. I have been diagnosed with a heart arrythmia and have been on meds for it ever since and things have been much better with it. I was feeling much better and then all of a sudden back at the end of December I was out playing in the snow with my kids and all of a sudden I started not feeling well. I thought that it might be my heart getting all crazy so I went and took my meds that are supposed to calm my heart down. Well I awoke on the floor in my living room with my nine year old standing over me very upset. I really don't remember anything. Well of course I went back to the doctor for the 100th time. He thinks I'm crazy of course but he sends me to a neuro. I did the MRI and it was fine. My EEG was inconclusive, don't know what that means but he wanted me to have the sleep deprived one but I decided not to persue this any further. He was threatening to take my drivers license and I think I just didn't want to believe it anyway. NO one else seemed to. He said originally that he thought it was from my heart. Well on and on I go, last night my husband found me on the couch seizing. What I don't understand is that I do seem to have some warning of this. I ate dinner and my stomach was hurting extremely bad and I felt like I was in haze. I laid down on the couch because I was scared that I was going to fall out again. Well my husband was a little upset when I came to. He said that I was shaking and my eyes were rolled back in my head. I don't know how long it lasted but i"m sure he does. I had this terrible head ache afterwards and was extremely tired but I didn't go to sleep. I don't know if this is what everyone else experiences or not. Can you not remember? is that normal? Pleasee help........

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-17-2005, 07:24 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Art_930 HB User
Re: Haven't been diagnosed yet-seizures seem to be more

You say you decided "not to take this any further" because of what you might hear. Gotta tell you, whatever it is is not going to go away because you refuse to deal with it.

Sure sounds like some sort of seizure to me, and you should be under a neurologist's care. There are some seizures that have a cardiac component, so your first doctor could be on the right track.

Please take care of yourself and see the neurologist again.

Old 03-17-2005, 09:02 AM   #3
(female)

thinkimcrazy HB User

Its funny that you said that because I called today and I am following up with him. I'm just really upset about losing my drivers license. My daughter was in a car accident a couple of weeks and will need to get to her therapy appts and i don't know what I am going to be able to do about that. I know that sounds silly but I have always been the one to take care of everyone else and now I'm going to need help myself and it is just hard to ask others to help.

Thanks for your advice but I am definately going to get this taken care of.

Old 03-17-2005, 06:30 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

Travis from MN HB UserTravis from MN HB UserTravis from MN HB User

The sleep deprived EEG is, as you may have read on here, (eeg in general) where they hook up wires (glue) to your head and moniter brain waves. Sleep depravation CAN cause trigger seizures due to the added stress on the body in not getting rest... they will make sure you don't get sleep!

IF you have coverage; they may try to do a three day or so. The longer they can have you hooked up the more data they have. If it's an in hospital multiple day for people on medications, they like to remove us from medications to try and "trigger" seizures so they can tell what areas of the brain they originate.

Sometimes they may go with an ambulatory (portable; you wear a "pack" on your hip) where the wires run down to so you are not stuck in the hospital and are at home for a few days with it all hooked up.

--Travis

Closed Thread