It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-29-2005, 02:52 PM   #1
(female)

worriedfemale29 HB User
Question 23 month old baby having seizures, please help

Can someone please tell me if these can come on for no reason? My nephew woke my sister up yesterday morning having a seizure and he has been having them on and off since. She took him to the ER and they checked his blood and done a catscan on his brain, but they couldn't find anything wrong, except he had low sodium. He has never had these before they just came on out of the blue. Now we are worried crazy. Could he have gotten into something that could have caused this, or could something else caused this. Any information would be helpful. Thanks, worriedfemale

Old 03-30-2005, 05:42 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

kayakmom HB User
Re: 23 month old baby having seizures, please help

So sorry to hear your nephew is having seizures! Has he had an EEG yet? This is very important and that he get a referral to a pede neuro.

Seizures can just start out of the blue. CT scans often do not show anything for people with epilepsy.

you can do a web search on seizures and get quite a lot of information.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-30-2005, 09:20 PM   #3
(female)

worriedfemale29 HB User

Hi Kayakmom, Thanks for the post. They haven't done a EEG yet, they have him scheduled to have one the 13th. of next month, but are trying to move it up. They put him on sezuire meds anyway b/c he keeps having them. I'm hoping this puts a stop to them. Thanks so much for the input. I think I'm going to look up sezuires and see what I can find out. Thanks again, worriedfemale

Old 03-31-2005, 03:33 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

kayakmom HB User

HI Worried, Glad that they put him on meds and will do that EEG> I know it is so hard to wait for those things. Hang in there!

Old 03-31-2005, 08:09 AM   #5
Inactive
(female)

Fullfire HB User

i took siezures as a baby and on to adult hood. They slowed down very much so oover the years as I grew. The same thign happened to me and my mother was quite frightened. they did an eeg, cat scan you name it. I don;t havee Ep. I just takeseizures everyone and awhile it had to do with balance in my brain, everyone in a while it would just kind blank out and I had a seizure. was the birth an easy one? did the baby have and troubles breathing or with te unbilical cord? I had a traumatic borth so that is why I have seizures.

Old 03-31-2005, 11:48 PM   #6
(female)

worriedfemale29 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayakmom
HI Worried, Glad that they put him on meds and will do that EEG> I know it is so hard to wait for those things. Hang in there!
You are so right, we have been going crazy since these things started happening. I think the medicine is starting to work b/c he didn't have any seizures today. I'm hoping he won't have anymore and this solves the problem. It is so distressing to see a baby go through this, and know you can't do anything to help them. Thanks so much for the support.

Old 03-31-2005, 11:53 PM   #7
(female)

worriedfemale29 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullfire
i took siezures as a baby and on to adult hood. They slowed down very much so oover the years as I grew. The same thign happened to me and my mother was quite frightened. they did an eeg, cat scan you name it. I don;t havee Ep. I just takeseizures everyone and awhile it had to do with balance in my brain, everyone in a while it would just kind blank out and I had a seizure. was the birth an easy one? did the baby have and troubles breathing or with te unbilical cord? I had a traumatic borth so that is why I have seizures.
He was born premature, so this may be why he's having these. What scared me was they just came on out of the blue. The doctor also told my sister his head was bigger than it was suppose to be. I don't know if this would have anything to do with it or not. I'm just praying that this medicine gets rid of them. Thanks for bringing that to my attention b/c that could be what has caused his. Thanks a bunch, worriedfemale

Closed Thread