It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2005, 03:47 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

bettyst HB User
To Colleen and those on Lamitical and Tergerol

I read that you are on Lamitical and Tergerol. My son is on that too..what dosage do you take...he takes 400 mg Tergerol and 100 mg Lamitical in the am, then a 200 mg of Lamitical at noon, then takes 400 mg Tergerol and 100mg Lamitical before bedtime.I wonder if that is too much....the Lamitical was at 150 mg twice a day and he got bad headaches and vomiting...so the neuro cut back.
Does it make you sick to your stomach? We are having problems with him getting sick....he has lost weight on this...from 126 to 111 in a couple of months. He is 25....we see the neuro Friday the 8th. I want some answers from him as why he still has focal seizures that last only a few seconds but has several a month.

Old 04-05-2005, 08:33 AM   #2
(female)

Colleen04 HB User
Re: To Colleen and those on Lamitical and Tergerol

I take 800 mg of tegretol and 450 mg of lamictal a day. (400 mg and 250 mg in the morning and at night) I actually just a week ago had my lamictal upped from 400 to 450 mg a day. And last week I was a little nasuses. (sp?) Actually it has never made me sick. But the reason I had my lamictal doses raised is because I was still having some partial seizures about once every 3 months. And I'd still feel a wierd feeling in my heart almost everyday as if one was going to come. I'm sorry he is still havinf seizures, I know how hard it is. I almost think it's harder on the family sometimes than it is on the actual person having seizures. What about upping his dose of tegretol?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-05-2005, 07:25 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

cattieos HB User
Re: To Colleen and those on Lamitical and Tergerol

I have been on lamictal for over five years, and have never had any trouble with it. In fact, until i got pregnant, I hadn't had a seizure in almost five years, I was on 200 in the am and 200 in the pm. Of course when you are pregnant your dose has to be raised, and now I am at 1000 total a day! but I still am not having any sickness. I have had a few "almost" seziures, which is normal. Hope you get things straightened out.

Closed Thread