It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2005, 10:24 PM   #1

nsanders HB User
Talking Update on Austin

, Hey everyone I havent been here in a while I havent really had time but just wanted to update you on Austin. For anyone that dont remember or didnt know just a few months ago he was having 240 plus seizures a day Gelastic seizures I may add. But we recently found a great epileptologist and she put him on phenobarbital and depakote and we are down to 2 or 3 a day if any!!!!!! We are so happy. The only problem we are having is his blood sugar dropping and that has never happened before, has this happened to any of you? and if so why? We just cant figure it out, he eats sweets like we all do and he dont over so it and he is not a diabetic they say so Im dumb founded. I just dont know?? But off that Im rambling We are leaving in a week to go to Florida for Austin to meet spongebob I know I mentioned before we where gonna go im sure. for anyone that dont know MAKE A WISH foundation is sending him to Florida to Universal studios to meet spongebob squarepants. That was Austins wish. Well thanks to any response. Ill keep you updated.
BYE

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-11-2005, 07:31 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

bettyst HB User
Re: Update on Austin

I am praying that Austin does well with the trip and doesn't have anymore of those nasty seizures!! I don't know why the blood sugar is low.What does the doc say?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-11-2005, 09:30 PM   #3
(female)

emily2 HB User
Re: Update on Austin

Hi, my daughters seizures have all happened in the morning- the first 2 times and the last one landed us in the ER (she has had 5 total). They thought she was having them due to low blood sugar because her sugar is low after having a seizure, but fasting tests proved this wasnt the case. The docs did say that seizures can lower blood sugar because the brain uses glucose for energy, and uses a lot of it during a seizure due to so much brain activity. This can lower blood sugar levels. Hope this answers your question!

Closed Thread