It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2005, 02:18 AM   #1
(female)

msullivan HB User
seizures and ITP???? help...

my brother has ITP. he was diagnosed a couple of weeks ago. He had infusions for his first and second treatment-unfortunately it didnt work. So he is now on steroids (its been a little over a week) We were just starting to cope with this whole ITP thing when we noticed Max doing these weird things with his eyes. He closes them for a short period and when he opens them it is obvious that they have been rolled to one side. The doctor obviously asked us to take him in straight away and they promptly did a CT scan on him to rule out any bleeding. He was clear. However the doctor is suggesting that he has 'unrelated' seizures for which they are for sure the reason. my parents are so freaked out about this whole thing. they are just so stressed. im really praying Max doesnt have epilepsy-hes at the hospital right now, they're doing an EEG on him.

Could someone give me some input? Max doesnt do anything else-he just does that thing with his eyes. he closes them for a few seconds and as mentioned earlier when he opens them they are rolled to the side. in total he does it maybe 5? 8 seconds? --this usually happens when he is quiet or sitting down. thats the only thing he does-what could this be? could this be epilepsy? if not...what kind of seizure could it be? is it serious?

any help would be great!!

thanks!

Closed Thread