It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2005, 09:56 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

bettyst HB User
I can't take much more

Since we got home from the hospital on Sat. Tripp has had three focal seizures Sat night lasting less than 10 seconds each. I knew to expect some seizure for we are going off Lamictal but increased the Tegertol. Sunday he got sick with another headache and threw up. Monday he was fine...Tuesday fine until last night and said head hurt gave him his meds PLUS the Bupap for headaches...he slept fine...then today...he compains of pain in back of neck(where he always has headaches) and I gave him another pill...he threw it up and is now sleeping. I take him back to our GP tomorrow for checkup after our dismiss from the hospital.

I wish I knew or doctors knew what was going on and how to help my son...I am mentally and physically exhausted. I am at this computer now researching everything I can.

Can a person have some seizures that don't show up but as a headache???

I need your help guys!! Anything???

Old 04-20-2005, 07:54 PM   #2
Senior Veteran

tkdmom96 HB User
Re: I can't take much more

Hi,

Has Tripp had an angiogram done? That is where they inject with a dye tracer and check the veins and arteries in the head and neck? If not, I would consider that. When was his last MRI? The angiogram is like an MRI too.

I don't know of any seizures that present only as a headache. A seizure can cause a headache afterward, but I don't know the answer to your question.

I would do more research on the headache end and also document his food and fluid intake. Headaches can also be allergy related, to foods and such. I know Tripp has more to do than that, but maybe something makes it worse at times.

Anyone else...

Vicki

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-20-2005, 07:58 PM   #3
Senior Veteran

tkdmom96 HB User

Hang in there, I know it may seem unbearable at times...I've been there. The thread that was bumped by Phoebe is about our daughter and her journey through surgery last year...I know the feeling of despair all too well.

ONE DAY, ONE HOUR, ONE MINUTE at a time...

Vicki

Old 04-21-2005, 05:28 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

bettyst HB User

Thank you Vicki, Tripp had an MRI in Feb it was normal. Our GP is saying IF Tripp is still having these headaches and vomiting and more blood he will do something more...I think he means the test with the dye you are referring to.
One other thing I have noticed he get LOTS of hiccups...‹ Not sure what that is about.

You are a great mom...your Katie is very lucky to have you!! Sending hugs and prayers her way!

Old 04-21-2005, 06:37 AM   #5
Senior Veteran

tkdmom96 HB User

Hi Betty,

Thank you for the kind comment...Tripp is lucky to have you as well. I have come to strongly believe that God gives us what He does because He knows we can handle it. I know that is why Katie was sent to us...and I thank Him every day for giving doctors the knowledge to do great things!

We will add Tripp to our healthboard buddies prayer list...

Trying to keep everything in the moment, it is a struggle at times...

All my best,

Vicki

Closed Thread