It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2005, 06:21 PM   #1
(female)

heavenangel24 HB User
zonegran or lamictal???? Help

My doctor wants me to chose a new medicine this or lamictal. Im on keppra and topamax, just was wandering if i can get peoples opinions on which you prefer. If you been on one or the other thats in the title box. zonegran or lamictal please tell me ur thoughts on it. The side effects how you felt. How it made you feel. If it was worth being on it.
I just done a little research on the 2. And what I looked at lamictal I didnt care for it. I am on topamax 400mg a day. My doctor wants to take me off of keppra just started taking it a month ago. I am having a very quick temper. If anyone can help me out on advice and what you think I would appreciate it and it be greatful. Thank you. I will reply to every message I receieve to this. Thank you again.
Tracy

Old 04-20-2005, 07:13 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

bettyst HB User
Re: zonegran or lamictal???? Help

I think most people have had good luck with the Lamictal...be sure to go slow when starting it...my son was on Lamictal and it caused really bad headaches....we are winging him off now. One neuro wants to go to Zonegran but I see it causes weight loss just like Lamictal...so when we go to the newer neruo I hope she says NO!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-20-2005, 08:06 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

cattieos HB User

I have been on lamictal now for over 5 years, and I like it. No real side effects to report. Not even any headaches, other than the ones I have had my whole life, not cause by the lamictal. I surely felt a lot better ater I got to decrease my phenobarb after starting the lamictal

Old 04-23-2005, 09:06 PM   #4
(male)

jerrytom HB User

I'm taking lamictal, zonegran and dilantin now. When I first started the lamictal and zonegran I got a really bad headache. I was lowered a little then raised again and they went away. I think they raised it too fast. I feel better than I did on tegretol and dilantin that I was taking before. I couldn't see strait. I do get tired during the day sometimes but I drink a lot of coffee. I like it!.

Old 05-03-2005, 02:21 PM   #5
(female)

hot day HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavenangel24
My doctor wants me to chose a new medicine this or lamictal. Im on keppra and topamax, just was wandering if i can get peoples opinions on which you prefer. If you been on one or the other thats in the title box. zonegran or lamictal please tell me ur thoughts on it. The side effects how you felt. How it made you feel. If it was worth being on it.
I just done a little research on the 2. And what I looked at lamictal I didnt care for it. I am on topamax 400mg a day. My doctor wants to take me off of keppra just started taking it a month ago. I am having a very quick temper. If anyone can help me out on advice and what you think I would appreciate it and it be greatful. Thank you. I will reply to every message I receieve to this. Thank you again.
Tracy
Hi
I'm on Topamax (75mg AM) (200mg PM) and Lamictal (75mg AM) (100mg PM) for the first time in my life i've been seizure free. Topamax is a fantastic drug, i took part in the 'guinea pig' trials and have been on it ever since and i've been on Lamictal for 6 years, no problems with either. I agree you should definately come off Keppra (it took me into out of control rages)

Closed Thread