It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2005, 08:06 AM   #1

Luichy HB User
Question Epilepsy?

Something really new and strange happened to me last sunday night.

We were watching a movie me , my girlfriend and two other friends. It was a very disturbing and thought provoking film based on real issues involving genocide.

Halfway through the movie there was a very disturbing scene where the main character drove his car over dead bodies. My girlfriend has an issue with vomit. She can't stand watching people throwing up. It's some sort of fobia. In this particular scene the main character throws up. As a reaction to this she covered her eyes with her hands. The only problem was I was sitting very close to her face. One of her fingers scratched my right eye.

It hurt, but I knew it was not that serious because I could still see. She felt bad for what has happened and she started to cry nervously. The other people came close and look into my aching eye. I told them it was ok.

I went to the kitchen to have a glass of water. My GF followed. She was still very shaken about what just happened. She continually told me she was sorry. I told her it was OK. But when I got back to the room where we were something strange happened to me.

I began to feel dizzy and light. I put the glass on a table and sat on a couch. I told my other friends to tell my girl to be quiet, because I heard her still sobbing and it was making me nervous and ill. I began to feel weak and that was the last thing I remember.

After that I felt like I was dreaming. I saw some sort of TV static and heard a white noise. Color lights were blinking on and off. Blue, Red, Yellow, Green. I felt relaxed. Then I heard my name from a distance. And all those images began to fade and the face of my other friend who was there began to appear. Suddenly everything began to become clear and I knew where I was. Then I knew what just happened. I passed out.

I hugged my friend nervously because something like that never actually happened to me.

I'm actually using Altruline for panic and social dissorder. I've been using it for almost three weeks now and except for this episode everything is just great. I think panics are supposed to become lighter not that big mega-panic I just experienced. I'm aware that the film could somehow have been responsible for my state of anxiety and the accident triggered it.

Has someone experienced something similar? My doctor recommended an EEG (Electro Encephalogram) just in case.

Could this be Epilepsy?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-22-2005, 09:41 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

kayakmom HB User
Re: Epilepsy?

I have no idea if it is a seizure or not. Epilepsy is recurring seizures.

Glad you did call the doctor. I do recommend getting that EEG....worth checking.Hope things are better today.

Closed Thread