It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2005, 09:41 AM   #1
(female)

yaicha HB User
seizures related to low blood pressure

My son has had two seizures in the past 3 weeks. I noticed that at the doc offfice and the hospital his blood pressure was low, 96/60. Has anyone else noticed a connection between seizures and low blood pressure?

Last edited by yaicha; 07-19-2005 at 10:10 AM.

Old 07-19-2005, 12:32 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

neurowreck HB User
Re: seizures related to low blood pressure

I've got another neurological disorder where my blood pressure can range from 44/16 to 190/120, with no rhyme or reason...when it drops, I pass out, and there have been seizure like movements for a few seconds, but they're not true seizures, like the other seizures I've got.... syncope (fainting) can cause movements that look very much like seizures, and it's one of the "rule out" diagnoses when someone is being worked up for seizures.... do you have an electrophysiologist who can have him wear a monitor to record episodes to see if there's some cardiac rhythym disturbance that lasts for just enough time to cause BP and heart rate to change enough to cause him to keel over?

What other symptoms does he have?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-20-2005, 08:51 AM   #3
(female)

yaicha HB User

The seizure that I was present for on friday was a grand mal. Its the first one I have witnessed. I am still waiting for a return call from his nuerologist. This time and last they say the levels of dilatin were low.

Old 07-20-2005, 12:22 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

neurowreck HB User

Then the low BP thing may have been coincidental, if the dilantin levels were low, I'd think that would have a lot more to do with a generalized seizure than the blood pressure, since BPs usually rise with seizures... hope you get some answers, and your son is feeling better

Closed Thread