It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2006, 05:17 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

neurowreck HB User
Angry ER follow-up snafu....lesson learned

OK...it's been a month ago- seizures, 911, ER....found a bladder infection- had more trips to the ER via ambulance, and managed to get there myself one night, along with an urgent care visit, and doc's office visit (regular one not there- so saw an office partner)....The first trip to the ER I was given antibiotics for the most likely bacteria- seemed reasonable...then they sent the sample for culturing to be sure it was the right one. IT WASN"T (I never do anything 'most likely') AND NOBODY BOTHERED TO LET ME KNOW....I found out 3 1/2 weeks later at the doc's office. I'm now on antibiotic # 4 in a month, have had unnecessary pain (kidneys not happy about bladder being screwed up), etc.

SO....from now on, I'm calling the doc's office 3 days after a culture to be sure a) it was done, and b) I'm on the right med. Infections are HUGE seizure triggers- ended up having a kidney ultrasound, and unnecessary tests, ER trips, etc because of this. The discharge instructions clearly say that if the lab reports come back that the wrong antibiotic was prescribed, THEY WILL CALL ME..... no follow up at all. Ten days of useless antibiotics while the infection got worse. NO insurance. Expensive meds. AARRGGHHHHHHHHHHH.

Old 04-26-2006, 08:34 AM   #2
(female)

luv2play747 HB User
Unhappy Re: ER follow-up snafu....lesson learned

Neurowreck..
I am sorry you had to deal with that....
I hope you feel better soon...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread