It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-30-2006, 08:23 PM   #1
(male)

greenbeam HB User
Whats wrong with me?

Ive had this problem thats been happening for a while now.Sometimes it gets real bad.I have went to several sites and still couldnt find a relative answear That im looking for.I think I have more than 1 kind of seizures.Before I started having any.I had an ear infection when I was 8yrs,When it almost ruptured I lost my site completely and fell down intstantly.It was not even 20secs,went to docter had eardrops for medicine.I think About2to 21/2yrs later,1st(standing up)
When I was visiting my aunt I was geting some water from the sink,while I was doing that My eyes,breathing and hearing stoped all at the same time.while that happend,my aunt said she thought I was tring to do a dance,I was shaking uncontrolably and droped the glass that broke in the sink.My vision came back when I started to fall,when I fell,I actually did like a double flip my aunt said.I seen it too .1st time)My head hit the ground first . (2ndtime)I landed on my side.The bookshelf fell from the force of my fall(was filled w/books).My lips were swelled shut and were like a purple/blue color also.Everyone crowded around me,My vision was very blurry,my hearing was starting to come back.And my breathing came back,it took like 2 1/2mins to start breathing normal.I had no idea what happend(besides falling) and everyone was telling me what they seen.Thats the first one I remember.
2nd one-(siting down)
I was at my friends house we were all just siting down watching a movie.And they thought I was geting ****** about somthing(my facial muscles were twitching).I didnt notice.then All I seen was back,I could still hear though.I looked at my friend I knew he was siting right beside me and told him"I think im going to blackout.He was like alright.He didnt know what was happening though.I just fell sideways on the couch,my arms automaticaly went into a cross over my chest.I was shaking very badely for like 5mins.I tried to get up and it was like my body had a mind of its own.My friend told me I was sweating badly.My breathing was uncontrolled also.after I stoped shaking.My stomach felt like a bullet was in it.It took onely 20 to 30sec to get my breath.Then I went home I was walking back home the same night,my head started to hurt about 3 1/2mins walking.I just fell down...............I got up and had no idea how much time passed till I got home.I remembered I left my friends house at 2am when I got home it was 5:40am.It onely takes me like 10 to 13mins to walk from my friends and back.I dont know whats wrong with me.I went to a docter already bout 2yrs ago and said "I have no explanation for what is causing this".So here I am wondering when it will happen again.It is real embarrasing when this happens in front of friends or when youre at work you know what I mean?Just 3 days ago Me and my dad went to a gas station to get a coke.When I went in the store I starting felling dizzy,By the time I put the lid on my coke I started to lose my sight.I my dad I was geting dizzy and ran back to the truck,he had to help me.I almost ran into the center of the doors.He went back in to get the rest of whatever,and I had to keep laying my head against something to be able to see.Then I just started to mumble(moan)Uncontrolably.When He came back to the truck it stoped.I still had to lay my head against somthing to see.By the time I got back home I felt normal again.Everytime these start to happen,I start to lose my vison-It goes from the top left of my sight to bottem right blackness.And my head feels heavier then my body.I hope someone can talk to me about this.THANKS for reading everyone

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-30-2006, 10:43 PM   #2
(male)

greenbeam HB User
Re: Whats wrong with me?

Can someone help me out?I need any form of info on what this could be.Theres more than just that.I just didnt want to post a 3page thread.This is basicaly what I know clearly.PLEASE help me out!

Old 07-01-2006, 01:28 PM   #3
(male)

greenbeam HB User

Anyone??Please

Old 07-01-2006, 05:47 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mari526 HB User
Post Re: Whats wrong with me?

greenbeam,
Are you taking seizure medication? These episodes sound like seizures if that what you're asking.
You should be seeing a neurologist, do you have insurance?

Old 07-01-2006, 07:11 PM   #5
(male)

greenbeam HB User

Yes what kind of seizures do you think I have?No I have never had a prescription for this.I am insured for like 7months,I Would have to get my own after its up.

Old 07-02-2006, 09:28 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

Sherri5186 HB User

Hi Greenbeam,

They sound like "complex partial" seizures to me.I have ones like them
all the time.I too lose my sight and sound,I believe that is very normal
for seizures,more like those, than not, at least in my case.

What really got me about your post is that I too had a very bad ear
infection when I was only 1 year old,and a very high fever at the same
time.The doctor then warned my parents that I could possibly start to
have seizures when, and to keep an eye one me.I did go into convulsions
at the same time,they were guessing from the fever and the fever was do
to the high fever (104 degrees).Who knows maybe it was actually do to the
ear infection instead,we are talking about 43 years ago for me.

I would definitely get to a neurologist soon if I were you.

Good luck,Sherri

Old 07-02-2006, 09:32 AM   #7
Veteran
(female)

Sherri5186 HB User

Hi Geenbeam,

I see I messed up on my post,I meant to say that the fever was do to
the ear infection. I also started to have the seizures on a regular
basis at 3 years old. Again,Good luck.

Old 07-02-2006, 02:07 PM   #8
(male)

greenbeam HB User

Thanx sherri !Im glad someone talked to me.Do you think I may have epilepsy?Ive had 2 or 3 of these this year.It seems to happen about that many times a year.Its weird,I eat good and im not over or under weight.I am making sure I see a neu soon.Since that one at the gas station my stomach seems to have a lil pain evry other day .

Old 07-02-2006, 07:30 PM   #9
Veteran
(female)

Sherri5186 HB User

Hi,

I do not see where having stomach pains would have anything to do
with the seizures.But,I do hate to tell you that the signs of it being
Epilepsy is all there.I am sure this is very hard for you,but,you really do
need to get the doctor.They will probably want to give you an EEG,in case
you do not know,an EEG is where they stick a bunch of probes all over
your head to read your brain waves activity.
Feel free to ask any questions that you would like,having it for over 40 yrs.
I should be able to help you.

Good luck and take care, Sherri

Old 07-02-2006, 08:40 PM   #10
(female)

valeriedl HB User

I know with the type of sez that I have sound similar to yours. I will have facial twiches say weird things and black out. I started having them on a regular basis about 3 years ago out of the blue.

I know that in my state (PA) if you have sez for a certian amount of time (I believe it's six months) you cannot drive because you may cause harm to yourself or others if you black out. This is something that I would worry about with you.

I don't know when mine are comming on so I would have no warrning to get off the road when driving. I don't know if you feel anything or not, or even if you drive, but please becareful

Old 07-03-2006, 12:00 AM   #11
(male)

greenbeam HB User

Thanks for all the info everyone!I knew I wasent alone.Im sorry you have the simalar stuff I do.I hope I will be able to put my seizures to a stop,but from what I heard once you have them,even if youre on meds-you still have them.Is that true.
Sherri5186-The info you gave me,Thanks.I now have a beter concept of whats wrong.I am going to find out were I could go to get a EEG,and assign an appointment a.s.a.p.And since you had this for a while,I think my peers will realize its real.Some people dont think I have anything wrong with me.people thats seen whats happend to me know its real.Im glad you gave me replys cause youve had this for a while and know what it is and experienced what it does,I know you can't give me a clear answer,have to go to the neu to find that out
But all I needed was a reply from someone that knew or had a pretty good idea what was happening to me.
Valeriedl-I dont drive,I was goning to do the test in a couple weeks though.Yes,For some reason I usaly do sense when im going to have one.Usaly get lightheaded feeling/see darkspots-sometimes its like that on how ill sense them before they happen.Sometimes its like bam its here and it just happens without realizing it.

Last edited by greenbeam; 07-03-2006 at 12:06 AM.

Old 07-03-2006, 06:04 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

sammi2 HB Usersammi2 HB Usersammi2 HB User

greenbeam, You mentioned a stomach pain, is it pain or just a weird gnawing feeling? Dr's told me that the gnawing feeling in the stomach is part of the symptoms of a partial seizures. Hope you get help soon.

Old 07-03-2006, 10:21 PM   #13
(male)

greenbeam HB User

My stomach seems to hurt all the time.Its usaly bearable,after seizures it gets relly bad.

Old 07-04-2006, 06:40 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

neurowreck HB User

If your stomach hurts all the time, I'd suggest seeing a gastroenterologist and a neurologist....there are abdominal seizures, but they shouldn't cause continuous abdominal pain. Also, would want an EEG that is longer than the 20-40 minute basic ones- at least 24-48 hours (you wear a contraption around your waist, and it captures abnormal brain waves- some you call in and the gizmo is set up to transfer info over the phone- others just ******** after you bring it back). An MRI and/or CT would also be helpful....if you had a high fever with the ear infection, there can be mesiotemporal sclerosis, which is a common cause of seizures- but most people don't know the cause of their seizures- idopathic...or the focus of the seizures is too deep in the brain for the EEG to pick up.....but tests sound warranted to rule things out. ALso, some blood work= blood sugar, hormones, etc...

Old 07-05-2006, 06:08 AM   #15
Veteran
(female)

Sherri5186 HB User

Yes, that is true,what Neuro said about it being too deep into
the brain to show any signs.That is exactly what my doctor has
told me about mine.
All of you talking about severe stomach pain makes me wonder
a little about something.I had to have my gall bladder removed
20 years ago.Hmmm?

Closed Thread