It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2006, 11:24 AM   #1
(female)

monicaileana HB User
black cohosh and or magnesium, do they really help?

i am soo confused about the controversies about mainly black cohosh. i read everywhere that it can help with seizures then i read one or two things that say that it can CAUSE seizures. does anyone really know?

what about magnesium? i read magnesium helps but then one place says citrate another place says cheleated and the list goes on and on.

i am not on meds right now and have not been on them for years. i have had grandmals from photo sensitive convulsive disorder.

i can have a seizure from strobe light effects such as the sun filtering through the trees, etc.....this time of year for me is so very hard withthe sun turning a different angle it seems EVERYWHERE i go is a strobe! i can feel only comfortable going out between 10 and 4 and that sucks!

so i am looking for some herbs that may help quiet thisdown. i have not had one since sept of 1994. i live a sheltered life because of this, mainly out of fear of it.

i lived in minnesota all my life then iowa for a short time but moved to colorado and that is where i had my last one and where the sun seems to be much more intense then in minnesota, so i fear more here then anywhere.

any suggestions for me? please!

Closed Thread