It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2006, 08:34 AM   #1
(male)

KFXrider88 HB User
Need some info

HI, I had been to a neurologist ( on the advice from my endocrinologist) about a half year ago. When I went I explained that I was blacking out in "addrenaline rush" situations. ( it turned out to be neuro cardio syncope, from lack of salt, no big deal) But she told me she wanted me to undergo tests for epilepsy and narcolepsy because there where some other factors she said she wanted checked out. Well, I never went for any of the testing because I thought she was a quack, and I really only went to her to keep my endocrinologist happy. But I was just watching a show on tv and this lady with epilepsy was describing auras (sp?). This was startlingly familliar to me so I looked it up online and the experiences people have with temporal lobe epilepsy is so much like what I'm going through. The weird "auras" and the feeling in my eyes at times, and deja vu spells very frequently and more. For the last year and a half I have been going through this, and getting worse, I just never really thought anything of it because it's not really detrimental to my life, it's just a weird feeling. But now I'm thinking I really need to follow up on the neurologist's testing. But heres my question, In the last 5 years, I lost the abilitly to feel emotions. I'm just numb to everything, not even depressed, I'm kinda wondering if that could be something neurological going on , is that possible for epilepsy or something like that to create a problem such as killing off emotions?(it'd be nice to find a cure to that problem, the other ploblems aren't a big deal) So any info or input you can give me would be greatly appreciated! I'm trying to talk myself into going back to the neurologist, But I hate going to doctors!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-09-2006, 12:57 PM   #2
(female)

lamac HB User
Re: Need some info

Hello...I was having aura...deja vu feelings for 20 years before they generalized and became tonic clonic seizures put me in the hospital. If I had not had the tonic clonic seizures, I never would have thought the strange feelings I was having were seizures. The simple partial seizures are so odd and they vary so much...Your doctor must have seen something that made her want to do additional tests...I vote for you going back to the doctor....

Lamac

Old 11-09-2006, 03:57 PM   #3
(male)

KFXrider88 HB User
Re: Need some info

Hi Lamac, thankyou for the reply. I am probably going to go back to the doctor. But I have another question, is epilepsy a treatable thing and can meds improve your mind if you do have epilepsy or something simmiliar? if the doc is just going to say they found a problem, and that it isn't treatable and that it's going to get worse, I'd rather not know for as long as possible.

Closed Thread