It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2002, 12:03 AM   #1

momoffive68 HB User
Post bedwetting and seizure.... connected?

my 8year old daughter has partial seizures. She is on Lamictal and Topramax. She has always had a problem about going to the bathroom often. Ithought she was nervous but now she has been wetting the bed at night. Could this be related to seizures? We have had her tested for problems with bladder control and infections but everything was fine.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-11-2002, 12:34 AM   #2
Veteran

Kokopelli HB User
Hi Momo

I think it could be a good possibility specially at that young age... unfortunantly alot of epileptics do wet occasionally.. but being that young and asleep could be that is due to the seizures I wouldn't be in fear your little girl is allways going to wet the bed alot of young kids grow out of the bed wetting with the partials ... she may even grow out of the seizures so give her a little time hon or if its real bad and its bothering you contact your doctor and talk to him he'll have suggestions I am sure.

Koko

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-11-2002, 01:09 PM   #3

Beth's Mom HB User
Bedwetting does come along with seizures due to the
temporary malfunction of the nervous system when the electrical impulse in the brain misfires. At her young age, it is not for sure associated with the wetting ,but a strong possibility. A doctor once asked us if we thought we knew every time our daughter had a nighttime seizure...it stopped us cold in our tracks as we could not honestly say we had not slept through hearing her have one. All you can do is make sure she goes to the bathroom before bed and put pads to protect your mattresses under the sheet at all times.
Keep observing and telling your doctor what you are seeing as you go along.
God bless.
Beth's Mom

Closed Thread