It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2002, 08:42 PM   #1

Beth's Mom HB User
Post Tonic Seizures

Hello all again,
We have been used to Beth having series of grand mal seizures once or twice a week. A new thing now though has us wondering if she is also having TONIC seizures where she stiffens and falls directly forward onto the floor. She had one as we were going out the door two days a go and had a bloody nose...could not find any other injury. A month ago she had what sounded like a similar thing happen at her work site in the sheltered workshop...she had to go to the emergency room and get four stitches above her eye and had a fractured collarbone they said would take months to heal and probably never be the same. We are very concerned about these type of seizures.
Anyone know if these sound like tonic or other types of seizures? What can you tell me about them.
Thanks,
Beth's Mom.

Old 05-11-2002, 01:42 AM   #2
Veteran

Kokopelli HB User
Hi Beths Mom

Does beth where a helmet? if not I would ask her doctor about it because she obviously needs one some epileptics can go without one and rarely worry but in your little angels case I would be concerned .. I don't have these type of seizures so I don't know much about them but again like I mentioned in another post to you goto that website you will find brochures you can order about the different types of seizures and some of the medications. I will keep your family in my prayers hon.. I hope you are getting some info from the boards keep me posted

Epilepsy foundation not epilepsy assiciation look there I don't know the URL
hon but you can do a search.

Hugs
Koko

[This message has been edited by Kokopelli (edited 05-11-2002).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-11-2002, 11:56 AM   #3

Beth's Mom HB User
KoKo,
Beth does not wear a helmet. Like many of you still driving, she may be a timebomb waiting to explode by our not protecting her that way, but these tonic seizures are not the ones we had been seeing. We just started giving her chocolate milk and think we may have to stop in case they are linked to that.
Thanks for you questions.
Keep talking!
Beth's Mom

Old 05-11-2002, 04:51 PM   #4
Veteran

Kokopelli HB User
Well I can relate to beth as I cannot drive either.. I bought a car years ago with a hope and never was issued a license due to my grand-mals ... I would recommend taking her off the chocolate I had to stop the chocolate all together... I do have a cup of coco once in a great while. but I alos make it very weak.

Hugs
Koko

[This message has been edited by Kokopelli (edited 05-11-2002).]

Closed Thread