It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2002, 11:55 AM   #1

allison02 HB User
Question JME and Meds

i am about to turn 26. i was diagnosed with JME when i was 15 and then diagnosed "cured" a year later after spending that time on depakote and successfully 'passing' my 2nd eeg. this past year the symptoms seemed to resurface mildly in the form of neural shocks (i have no idea how else to explain it). not a big deal, went to neurologist and we agreed that it had become minimal to non-existent after a month or so. however, a couple of weeks ago i went on a new medication, amitryptalene, for my main health problem of fibromyalgia. the new medication seems to have tripped the epilepsy (and a worse spell of it than ever experienced to date). now i am off that medication and on lamictal. i am only 3 days into this but, a bit concerned about the fact that for the first time with this round of symptoms i am finding a difficulty in keeping with my train of thought. sometimes i feel 'on' and then seem to switch to zombie and can quickly back track to my thoughts but, it is a bit scary. can anyone tell me if this is something that i can hope to pass with time and medication? also, has anyone had this experience with other meds 'tripping' an onset of symptoms? thank you, allison

Old 05-15-2002, 12:08 PM   #2
Veteran

Kokopelli HB User
Hi Allison

Welcome to healthboards hon... I am not sure the train of thought problem is with the epilepsy it very well can be as some epileptics have this problem.. however, I am thinking it might be with your fibromyalgia (spelling) I would recommend asking on that board as well hon and see what they might say... I could very well be wrong on this so maybe it's something we should look into...

Hugs
Koko

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-15-2002, 12:12 PM   #3

allison02 HB User
Wink

thanks, i will see what i can find out from the other board. it just seems that the two (the shocks and the loss of train of thought) seem to be almost simultaneous. either way, i appreciate you responding so quickly! it is always nice to know there is someone out there listening!! allison

Old 05-15-2002, 12:19 PM   #4
Veteran

Kokopelli HB User
Hi Allison

I am here anytime hon .. BTW what is JME? I couldn't respond on that because I have no idea what it is..

Hugs
Koko

Old 05-15-2002, 12:23 PM   #5

allison02 HB User
JME is juvenile myoclonic epilepsy.

thanks, allison

Old 05-15-2002, 12:30 PM   #6
Veteran

Kokopelli HB User
Ah Ok the JME is what threw me off LOL sorry hon...

Closed Thread