It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Epilepsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2002, 08:33 AM   #1
Veteran

Kokopelli HB User
Post Seizure setback darn it

Well gang I had another grandmal last night no one was awake and luckily I was already on my side I do hurt though repulled my arm muscle which is the worse about the whole thing because it means I can't work I was doing real good gone a month without one like this had little ones but no grandmals .. think it was do to stress which I put on myself I know... anyone have any good rememdy for sore aching muscles?
LOL

Hugs
Koko

Old 05-16-2002, 11:46 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Krazykcio HB User
Hi Koko,
So sorry to hear about your recent seizure setback. Try putting a damp towel in the microwave for a minute, and use it as a hot pad for the aching muscles. If you're as big as I am, and ache all over, you may need all the towels you own! Good luck, and relax....stress is the last thing you need. Kathy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-16-2002, 12:21 PM   #3
Veteran

Kokopelli HB User
now why didn't I think of that all these years? have allways had a micro... hmmmmm... but yeah I am just relaxing today not even thinking about other things listening to music and playing with my trainset :P I want to make it so it can deliver my meds to bedside in the mornings LOL...

hugs
koko

Old 05-16-2002, 12:38 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ksavage HB User
Sorry Koko! I was right there with ya last night! I was sitting here the computer & next thing I knew I was in the middle of the floor. http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/blob_fire.gif The hot towels are a gret idea & work really well. I also like to soak in a hot tub for a while. I have to wait for Mark to get home before I can do that so I turn to the hot towels! I hope we feel better soon! And hey.....could ya put me on the 2nd stop for your train? That made me smile! What a fun idea!
Take care & a big hug to you! (an aesy one though)
Kim

------------------
Yesterday is the past, tomorrow is the future, today is a GIFT, that it is why it is called the present.

Old 05-16-2002, 12:55 PM   #5
Veteran

Kokopelli HB User
Hey you it's been a while since I saw on here Ksavage.. sorry to hear you had the seizure well such is life huh we must go on... My train will stop for you... it's an acela look it up it's the usa's high speed train we can turn it into a rollercoaster LOL..... no but really I have a wonderfull model railroading group helping me on this they thought the idea was wonderfull and neat as well

Hugs
Koko

Old 05-16-2002, 02:13 PM   #6
(male)

couldbeworsaspose HB User
Unhappy

hey Koko,
really sorry to hear you had a siezure,we never know when they are gonna rear there ugly heads do we?.When I pull a muscle,I rub some deep heat into It,It feels great but smells a bit,and If you get It In your eyes......GOD It hurts.The towel idea sounds good though,as does the soak in the bath.Gillian,my wife has some sort of long pouch like thing thats full of wheat or something...It goes In the microwave for 3 mins or so and comes out warm and lasts for ages,It also smells of lavender,and she finds It quite soothing when she wraps It round her kneck.
ta ta for now
garry

Old 05-16-2002, 03:05 PM   #7
Veteran

Kokopelli HB User
Hey Gary thanks for the tips .. I have heard of those packs designed for the micro the wheat inside I guess helps hold the heat for a while... I'll have to see if we have any downtown anywhere it actually sounds very good right now...

Hugs
Koko

Old 05-16-2002, 05:03 PM   #8

Beth's Mom HB User
KoKo an KSAVAGE....
Sorry you two had seizures last night...Beth was right behind you...she threw her clothes on the floor this morning and refused to get dressed,...about 8 a.m. she had a full seizure in bed and slept most of the day.

I'm with Garry on some of his rememdies. My husband uses a salve called Atomic Balm by Cramer Co. that he buys at sporting goods stores...and it does smell but you get used to it. The microwave heating is a favorite of mine, but I buy those gel masks and use them on my eyes and Beth's (she loves wearing masks)...they come in wild colors which adds to the relaxing fun while you rest.-- And anything with lavendar or chamolmile is great in the bath water to soothe your aching body...I buy one that Target sells called NO-AD (no-advertising) Aroma and Beth Shower Therapy Body Wash...it's cheap and smells SO GOOD.

Too bad there is not a machine developed that would tell you days that you are more seizure prone. We always have to guess by the signs that Beth gives us...holding her left wrist,less cooperative, etc.

You two did not have any warning the seizures were coming last night?
At least when Beth has one I know we have a couple days of no seizures...Hope you have some timeframe in which to relax.

Beth's Mom

[This message has been edited by Beth's Mom (edited 05-16-2002).]

Old 05-16-2002, 05:41 PM   #9

Beth's Mom HB User
It might really help others if any of you can remember what you did or ate before you experience a seizure...never know what could bring them on but you might begin to see similarities that are bringing them on...just a thought.
Beth's Mom

[This message has been edited by Beth's Mom (edited 05-16-2002).]

Old 05-16-2002, 08:59 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ksavage HB User
Ho everyone!
I have asked this before, but could not remember where so I'll ask again. Has any of you guys been told that seizures can throw you into a seizure? That is where I was last....sitting right here chatting away eting my favorite ice cream....Chunky Monkey ~ by Ben & Jerry~ OMG it is wonderful! ANYWAY I ended up wasting it all over this room! http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/blob_fire.gif
I never can tell before I have a seizure, sometimes I think I smell burnt popcorn for some reason, but I think I stand around trying to figure out where it is coming from before I realize I need to get to the floor! http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dizzy.gif I allways try to tell my self that next time I will just hit the deck when I smell it but I do not remember smelling it all of the time. Another thing is that I swear my dog knows before I have a seizure! He walks circles around me & whines. Totally out of caracter for him. It took me a few times to figure that out & now I spend a lot of time in the floor waiting for one & it usually never happens when I expect it too! TYPICAL My hubby & I end up laughing about it though after a while of nothing & we know I am gonna be OK! I really can't think of anything else off of the top of my head at the moment but I pay more attention!
You guys please don't tell me it was the Chunky Monkey that did it last night! I can't live with out it!
Take care everyone~
Kim

------------------
Yesterday is the past, tomorrow is the future, today is a GIFT, that it is why it is called the present.

Old 05-16-2002, 09:03 PM   #11

Piano HB User
RICE BAGS!!! I love rice bags! I have an aromatherapy one, and I put it in the microwave, and it stays hot for an hour. Better than a heating pad, and cheaper, too! Ever heard of LTD Commodities? That's where I got mine (to the Mods--I'm not advertising). Maybe I'll get ya one for XMas, wink wink.

Piano

Old 05-16-2002, 09:09 PM   #12
Veteran

Kokopelli HB User
Is chunky monkey Chocolate icecream? if so chocolate is one of the worst things for epileptics I usually have a seizure after I eat chocolate which is very rare anymore.. I have cats that know I will have a seizure animals sense it naturally well most do. and I know that popcorn smell and then I have a weird smell for days after.. which I am thinking is a saliva smell but it's not nasty or anything just weird.

hugs
Koko

Old 05-16-2002, 09:14 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ksavage HB User
OK...Chunky Monkey is banana ice cream, walnuts,& chunks of fudge! I usualy pick around the fudge because it is too rich for me & I am not that crazy about chocolate but I do eat a small amount of it sometimes! I rarely eat anything chocolate except at Easter.....man I love those little eggs! YUMMY! I really hope that is not what did it though! I will pay more attention to what I eat. Thanks for the input! What about the computer thing anyone know?
Kim

Old 05-17-2002, 06:07 AM   #14
Veteran

Kokopelli HB User
Hi Ksavage

Ok I am not sure what you mean about the computer I musta missed something.. or do you mean why did you have one at the computer? I looked over the posts but could not see a question maybe I really got knocked into a whamy this time LOL.. As far as your ice cream though Monkey on girl...LOL

Hugs
Koko

Old 05-17-2002, 10:04 AM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ksavage HB User
My neurologists has limited my computer time to 2 hours a day! She said that the lights from the screen works likie a strobe light & that can trigger a seizure. She said the only difference from the computer & a strobe light is that the computer changes so quickly that you do not notice it like you do a strobe light. In a way it makes sence but then again it sounds a bit foolish. Just wondering if anyone else has heard of this before!
Thanks & big hugs!
Kim

------------------

Closed Thread